Batman_Rulebook_2.0_EN_WIP

It;s going in the right direction, but still feels way heavy.

in the effort of trying to be helpful , some suggestion I would give.

If this is going to be part of the kickstarter for Gotham City Chronicles RPG.. should it be two books? (almost like the Fantasy flight model)

One for the main rules (which I was the game owner would have), and one for the skills (which I can pass round so the players can see their skills). 

You could even give the option of buying more of the "skill books" if people want a couple to pass around.

Also, there is a lot that could be cut down. For example page 15 basically take a whole page to say:
-Move the round marker
-Do Upkeep
-Starting side goes
-other side goes

Another example is page 24, where "giving and taking equipment can be summarised as
"If player are on the same space they can swap kit, by paying the energy cost"
It then give info on the fact we have then move the card between players.

Basically.. a lot of words to explain a really simple concept

It's  a little bit "Put the board in the middle of the table so everyone can reach"... we can probably work that bit out.

Also "Thought" and  "Manipulation" could probably be one section. If you're using exactly the same flow chart for the same sections, do you really need two sections? Or one do?

Another example is page 50, the reroll section. It;s a whole page on reroll and includes "The results of these Rerolls now apply for the corresponding dice.".. do we really need to be told that if reroll a dice that we then have a new result which we have to take?

I'm really not trying to be negative, and instead be constructive,  but it just feels that it doesn't solve the problem with the original manual. Which was that to much detail was given.

I love this game , but it's hard to get out on the table as for my friends it's become known as "the game you have to spend ages flicking through the book for in order to work out what to do"

• 2 weeks later...

I do second AndiH comment. I am quite disappointed with the effort. It's a better rulebook, but still heavy to read and dig into. I'll not about to buy it, so far.

To me the main issue of this game is its usability.

- Power reference: Please fix the 15 min roundtable to explain each abilities.  You can partially do it by providing aids (double-sided A5 cards for power explanations for each player).

- Board rules: you cannot reprint the boards with them, but can provide another A5 aid for each map rules. Note that many players like me printed stickers to customize the board and remove the need to open the book.

- Playtest the game ten times with beginners, and check for which rule they have to dig into the book. Those rules are either clumsy and need to be fixed or to be set on a help card for handle use during the game.