[Game] What is the title of these movies?

Not Quite Dead

Grimmshade you got the easy one correct, the hard one...ummm...no. It's J-Men Forever. A comedy made by doing voiceovers on old movie serials interspersed with some connecting scenes. I first saw it in the early 80's (I know I'm old) at one of those alternative theatres that showed obscure stuff.

Similar to what Woody Allen did with What's New Pussycat?

Link: http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0080940/

Also  can I suggest that both have to be guessed before proceeding to the next person. You get some interesting guesses that way.

Anyway over to you Grimmshade.

The easy one; Ralph Bakshi and Frank Frazetta's  "Fire and Ice"

The hard one, "The Spider Returns"*

I'll wait until I get home form work this evening and see confirmation of being correct before posting my pics.

*Not that hard since I'm an avid fan of 30's and 40's adventure serials. :wink:

• Like 1

Footballz is correct in guessing that the hard picture is from Metropolis! The scene does come after the robot takes on human form and goes out to destroy the reputation of the woman who's identity she has taken over.

I regret that he is incorrect about the easy one, in as much as is there is no Universal classic horror film with the title Return of Frankenstein. But he is on the right track/ Before Frankenstein, Universal had their first horror hit. The photo I used comes from the second sequel based off of that hit. The first sequel dealt with the daughter of the title character.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Kathulos said:

Footballz is correct in guessing that the hard picture is from Metropolis! The scene does come after the robot takes on human form and goes out to destroy the reputation of the woman who's identity she has taken over.

I regret that he is incorrect about the easy one, in as much as is there is no Universal classic horror film with the title Return of Frankenstein. But he is on the right track/ Before Frankenstein, Universal had their first horror hit. The photo I used comes from the second sequel based off of that hit. The first sequel dealt with the daughter of the title character.

My fault for trying to guess off the top of my head. The easy one is Son of Dracula.

Brigitte Helm was stunning in that movie! I really liked how she played that freaky gynoid and the sweet and innocent girl defending the rights of poor people.

Spoiler

As the OP and self proclaimed enforcer of the topic and its rules, I'll give only 3 points to @Footballzs, counting only his first answer, although he found out the second movie in a later post. The point of the rule: 'Only the first correct answer counts', is to force players to conundrums like: 'Well, I've recognized one of the movies. Will I wait a little for a clue in order to have a chance to score the maximum of points, with the risk of another player giving a good answer (this happened to @Bawon Samdi not a long while ago) or will I give my answer right away and be sure to get some points."

9 hours ago, Not Quite Dead said:

Brigitte Helm was stunning in that movie! I really liked how she played that freaky gynoid and the sweet and innocent girl defending the rights of poor people.

Hide contents

As the OP and self proclaimed enforcer of the topic and its rules, I'll give only 3 points to @Footballzs, counting only his first answer, although he found out the second movie in a later post. The point of the rule: 'Only the first correct answer counts', is to force players to conundrums like: 'Well, I've recognized one of the movies. Will I wait a little for a clue in order to have a chance to score the maximum of points, with the risk of another player giving a good answer (this happened to @Bawon Samdi not a long while ago) or will I give my answer right away and be sure to get some points."

I have no problem with your rules. I actually was incorrect with my first answer and don't deserve those points. Is it worth adding if you guess incorrectly but guess correctly at a second or subsequent try then no points?

1 hour ago, Footballzs said:

I have no problem with your rules. I actually was incorrect with my first answer and don't deserve those points. Is it worth adding if you guess incorrectly but guess correctly at a second or subsequent try then no points?

If a player is wrong when guessing a movie (or two), they has the right to guess again, as many guesses as they want, as long as someone hasn't given a correct answer. :wink:

4 hours ago, Footballzs said:

My turn again.

Easy and hard in that order. If anyone gets the hard one, I'll be impressed. The easy

one is one of my favourite movies.

82D28F43-8AD4-42FE-889C-F14BC0F83E29-1502-000001ADD3F3C7E5.jpeg

75FC1420-916B-4CD9-978D-7D22A13D7728-1502-000001AEF0E31192.jpeg

Easy is the film, Excalibur

Hard is the film, Iceman

Edited by Kathulos
corret spelling error