Conan Kickstarter v2

Not Quite Dead

Hi there!

On the French Community forum, Blackrad pointed out that there will be another (very short) kickstarter for Conan, by Monolith. This could be a way to grab some Kickstarter Exclusive Content if you did (as I) miss the first KS.

Here is a link with all informations.

In early September, Monolith will be offering a new Kickstarter campaign for a brand new Conan Compendium. This Compendium will be a sleek, beautiful, hard cover and fully illustrated tome, similar to the Conan Campaign Book. It will include 20 scenarios (which will be avalable for free on Monolith’s web site) and plenty of character and creature lore.

Note that this will be a five days campaign and that there will be no stretch goals, although some King Pledges and All-In will be available.

And (last but not least), Monolith says that

We are aiming to start the next Conan campaign in early 2019 which will include the new 2 player Vs system and an exploration into other Hyborian Age territories…

:w00t:

Not that this kickstarter is something completely different of the two tomes of fanmade compendiums edited by the Overlord Community (one currently distributed, and the second one being written by the community while you are reading these very lines).

Edited by Not Quite Dead
  • Like 3

• 5 weeks later...

News from the second KS of Conan:

The scenarii compendium will be called The Book of Set and this is its cover:

62c18540c83b2bf59da01f96b9451a61_origina19990202_10155457449113164_9035896617299

And, in addition to the all-in and the King's Pledge, a small number of bundles containing the KS exclusive add-ons should be released (id est - unless I'm mistaken - bundles with the Giant Wolves, the Vanir Valkyrie, the Campaign book, the Sabretooth Tiger, Baal-Pteor, the Black Dragons and the Demon of the earth).

• Like 1

If you're talking about the fan-made compendium that the French-speaking community printed some time ago (and which is completely unrelated with the Book of Set Compendium, which is made by Monolith), you should fine an answer in English here.

20170405_161144.jpg.0fd2f48a4c906fce2ab4

Besides, the scenarii of this compendium are currently translated into English or proofread. Some of them are already downloadable on this forum:

- Vaniria is in the Fort

- Thak the Simian

- A Heart to be Taken

- The Red Night

- The Sepulcher

- The Most Barbarous Game

- Camel Madness

- Rescue at the Top

- The King's Wolves

- The Abomination of the Black River (Campaign)

The other scenarii should appear there in due time. ;)

• Like 1

Some new visual of the Book of Set, published on the Tric Trac website:

6981d46be8643090597e522a6f3d2abe21e7.jpe

224a51201b27ff0457280fcaaa3978f9364a.jpe

b08e395dccc624fa4cb021d8f22bd306f0b1.jpe

The Book shall content new scenarii, artworks, photography of miniatures painted by Martin Grandbarbe, and excerpts of Robert E Howard texts. In the French version, there will be texts by @Pallantides. I don't know if he will write something in English too.

• Like 2

The English version content of The Book of Set will be identical to the French one. It will include artworks from Adrian Smith, Brom, Cl4renko, photography of miniatures painted by Martin Grandbarbe with excerpts of Robert E. Howard texts and background texts (for main characters, monsters, locations...). And last but not least, approximatively 20 scenarios which will be available on  the Monolith website for free. You already know some of them : Death from the North, The Terrible Lovers, The Zamboula Strangler, ...

• Like 2

On 01/08/2017 at 6:46 PM, Matt John S said:

Gah! If only it was in English! You all know my French is poor (non-existent, really). 

These two pages feature two excerpts of Robert E. Howard's Beyond the Black River and two texts by @Pallantides about the Picts and their shaman Zogar Sag. As I haven't read yet that novel and fear to be spoiled, I haven't read the texts. But it seems quite interesting for those who like to have more background.

• Like 1

The latest Book if Set preview with Conan on the cross has generated surprisingly little comment. When compared to some of the outrage displayed over other images it does say something, just not sure what!

Apologies, but I placed this under the wrong topic.

Edited by Footballzs

Le 05/08/2017 à 22:18, Not Quite Dead a dit :

These two pages feature two excerpts of Robert E. Howard's Beyond the Black River and two texts by @Pallantides about the Picts and their shaman Zogar Sag. As I haven't read yet that novel and fear to be spoiled, I haven't read the texts. But it seems quite interesting for those who like to have more background.

The excerpts of Robert E. Howard's novels are physical descriptions of the main characters/monsters (no major spoilers inside).

My texts are general informations about the Hyborian Age and presentations of the main characters/monsters (who they are, what they do...) corresponding to the REH's excerpts and illustrations of the book but without any spoiler, so feel free to read. 

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...
17 hours ago, Ol' Grumpy said:

How far will Conan v2 get pushed back now that Monolith are working on MB:Ragnorök for 2019  ? I'm just curious as funds will be thrown at MB:R when it comes out.

That is interesting question. So far we know about 5 Monolith projects:

1. Batman - Running KS this month

2. Conan - Running KS in 2019

3. Claustrophobia - Running KS in 2018 (assuming that information on forums is still correct)

4. Mythic Battles Ragnarok - Running KS in 2019

5. Mythic Battles Reprint - Running KS in 2018

From above, we can exclude MB reprint, since it is rather simple project. Probably 90% of it is basically ready for print, and last 10% are are assets not used in original KS campaign (we heard that apparently there will be few new things that were not part of original KS).

That means that there are two KS campaigns planned for 2018 - Batman and Claustrophobia, and two planned for 2019 - Mythic Battles Ragnarok and Conan. Assuming that Monolith was responsible for all "backend" on (so planning, manufacturing, sculpting etc.) on Mythic Battles, it seems that they have it nailed, so they probably decided to try 2 KS/year instead of current 1KS/year formula.

That would mean Batman KS now with delivery near end of the year, Claustrophobia KS somewhere near August 2018 with delivery year later, then in February 2019 we get Conan and in August 2019 Ragnarok. Plus maybe small KS for Conan/Mythic Battles compendiums along the year.