Reading before playing...

Hello,

I understood Jim Lee is to be the main inspiration for this board game and the pictures of Batman and Killer Croc confrim this point but appart from Hush, what could the authors avise me to read if I want to get an idea of the general atmosfear of the game ? :smile:

Regards,

Emmanuel

From what I have been seeing of the guys inspirations and after talking to Barbi at the UKGE, I would recommend reading Scott Snyders entire New 52 run on Batman. it was where the Court of Owls was introduced and contains some of the modern seminal pieces on Joker, Riddler and a host of other people.

• Like 2

I'm really glad you suggested that because Batman Eternal is another one of the most epic bits of Batman from recent years.

(If you want to follow something current, Dark Days: The forge released this week looks like it is going to tie up all of Scott Snyders Batman run. The same with "Metal" which is coming this summer. Already it looks like the finale to everything the New 52 was building up to and Greg Capullo, Jim Lee and John Romita Jr are drawing it. It should be EPIC!)

Just now, Mr Lee said:

I'm really glad you suggested that because Batman Eternal is another one of the most epic bits of Batman from recent years.

(If you want to follow something current, Dark Days: The forge released this week looks like it is going to tie up all of Scott Snyders Batman run. The same with "Metal" which is coming this summer. Already it looks like the finale to everything the New 52 was building up to and Greg Capullo, Jim Lee and John Romita Jr are drawing it. It should be EPIC!)

Yes I'm really impatient that the french publisher make the translation of this batman :yahoo:

In France we are at the first volume of batman rebirth, the dc universe rebirth just happen the last month.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, tony said:

Yes I'm really impatient that the french publisher make the translation of this batman :yahoo:

In France we are at the first volume of batman rebirth, the dc universe rebirth just happen the last month.

That just means you have the epic stories to come. The "I am..." comics by Tom King are exceptional and the artwork is superb. I am excited by this comic more than Detective Comics at the moment. 

I've found Batman Eternal quite boring. It's more bloated with too many subplots than trully epic. It's ambitious for sure but for me it didn't worked. Catwoman Eternal is an amazing side strory though.

During Eternal, I think (not 100% sure) that Nightwing was "dead". In fact Dick was working undercover while infiltrating a secret society: Spyral.

On 6/23/2017 at 4:22 PM, Bawon Samdi said:

I've found Batman Eternal quite boring. It's more bloated with too many subplots than trully epic. It's ambitious for sure but for me it didn't worked. Catwoman Eternal is an amazing side strory though.

During Eternal, I think (not 100% sure) that Nightwing was "dead". In fact Dick was working undercover while infiltrating a secret society: Spyral.

That's it !

Some art is really cool and creative, but the spy thing with 4 or 5 layers is just too much.

I haven't read Catwoman eternal, will have a look

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Barbi said:

I haven't read Catwoman eternal, will have a look

Catwoman eternal isn't really a separate thing. In Batman Eternal they did a lot of side stories. Catwomans was a particularly interesting one as it elaborates on a lot of her past.

On 6/29/2017 at 9:33 AM, Barbi said:

Just realized than all star Batman artist is Romita Jr: I'm afraid ... I didn't like him when working for Marvel and I'm not a big fan of Superman so I don't know how he performed on that ...

Did some of you read it already ?

I read through the first two arcs of it. The first arc with Batman facing off against a huge gallery of villains is amazing and serves as an excellent analysis of Two Face. It also returns KGBeast back to prominence as a genuine threat to Batman.

One of the problems of a Universe, like these are the branching character arks and reboots that make you love or hate them. I feel that people will love or hate some of the mini designs, depending on the character/story-line that they prefer. For exsample, which Selina Kyle do you want in the game? If there was only one. 

What I love is that the OTHERWORLD titles play around with the character and change them. But at the end of the day you can say "that was a cool idea/story" then pick a normal issue and continue the story that you love. 

On 7/7/2017 at 7:44 AM, Bazman said:

For exsample, which Selina Kyle do you want in the game? If there was only one. 

This is rather simple - the one from Hush. It's a good interpretation of the classic design of Catwoman.

For fans of the more classic stuff, there is a crossover coming up written by Scott Snyder called Batman: Metal which looks like it could be tying up all the threads from The original Crisis on Multiple Earths all the way through to New 52s Endgame!

Edited by Mr Lee
Adding more to it.

22 hours ago, Mr Lee said:

For fans of the more classic stuff, there is a crossover coming up written by Scott Snyder called Batman: Metal which looks like it could be tying up all the threads from The original Crisis on Multiple Earths all the way through to New 52s Endgame!

That sounds good !

Selina Kyle from Jim Lee is my best pick as well, even if I have to say that she's not my favourite character in the Gotham's universe ...

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...