Conan the Barbarian

Arthadan

@Xaltotun great job!

I think :jaune::jaune: is right for Akiro, thanks for the sugestion.

Here you are my daily tile, the Fangs of Set!

Fang_tile.png

Fang_tile_back.png

Tiles left:

- Thulsa Doom (mounted)

- Rexor (mounted)

- Thorgrim (mounted)

- Fangs of Set (mounted)

Tokens (round life counters):

- Akiro (despite being an ally he'll have more than 1 life point)

- Thulsa Doom

- Rexor

- Thorgrim 

- Fangs of Set

- Pictogram for Akiro' spell (Favor of the Gods): If nobody has a better idea, I'll go for mountrain (Crom's Mountain).

Edited by Arthadan
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Last one for today:

Changes for Mounted tiles:

- Movement icon changed to distinguish mounted tiles, although it should be pretty evident for the picture.

- Movement increased: between 5 and 6

- One attack dice upgraded (in this case from :orange: to :orangerel:)

- Armour increased: + 1

Thoughts?

thulsa_doom_mntd.png

thulsa_doom_mntd_back.png

Edited by Arthadan
Edited_ Movement changed to 5.
  • Like 2

54 minutes ago, Arthadan said:

Last one for today:

Changes for Mounted tiles:

- Movement icon changed to distinguish mounted tiles, although it should be pretty evident for the picture.

- Movement increased: between 5 and 6

- One attack dice upgraded (in this case from :orange: to :orangerel:)

- Armour increased: + 1

Thoughts?

thulsa_doom_mntd.png

thulsa_doom_mntd_back.png

6 in mouvement is too much for me !

4 will be better !

2 minutes ago, Florentin said:

6 in mouvement is too much for me !

4 will be better !

I'll take a look to Conan's lion, the tiger and the camel and they all have Movement 4 so you're right. However, I want Thulsa Doom to have the best horse, so he'll move 5 and the rest cavalry tiles will move 4.

How does it sound?

• Like 1

@Arthadan I agree with you: Thulsa Doom would have to have the best equipment but only play test will help us to evaluate if this is too much or not and if game is enough balanced between players ! In fact, Thulsa Doom in this condition is very powerful and even more on a small map as it is at present... A little frightened that Conan & his friends return to earth too soon as the doom's children recommended Conan to do! We will see ! :sorcerer:

Edited by Florentin
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, Florentin said:

@Arthadan I agree with you: Thulsa Doom would have to have the best equipment but only play test will help us to evaluate if this is too much or not and if game is enough balanced between players ! In fact, Thulsa Doom in this condition is very powerful and even more on a small map as it is at present... A little frightened that Conan & his friends return to earth too soon as the doom's children recommended Conan to do! We will see ! :sorcerer:

Yep, playtesting will help us to balance things. I like the idea of a bigger map for this scenario though (just enlarging the one we have).

@Arthadan ! What about the activation at the same time of the same unit family (mounted & dismounted) and for only the cost of the mounted tile. This idea was presented in the french forum.

For example in the river, only the mounted tiles of the red Fangs is used (normally they are 5 activated) but as there are 2 that were dismounted the tile of dismounted warriors is present near the river (but not on the river). Thus, when the overlord activated the red Fangs riders both the tiles are activated for only the mounted Fangs tile cost

If not Overlord will have to pay twice for characters that belong at the beginning of the game at the same group...risk to upset the balance of the game!

What are you thinking of this ?

1 hour ago, Arthadan said:

Yep, playtesting will help us to balance things. I like the idea of a bigger map for this scenario though (just enlarging the one we have).

Be careful to not enlarge the map if we do not want to change the place of the battle! In fact in the movie the battle of the mounds occured in a very small area ! The map that I realized respects this to meter-scale tolerance !

map_tile.thumb.png.30c87047ae16a5b9f8401b5691eece82.pngconan00003.thumb.png.312433779d5549f2c6968569c9fb0364.png

If you would like to enlarge the area maybe new spots should be added as the Akiro hut and maybe other mounds and pits...maybe the sea too ?

Edited by Florentin
  • Like 1