Conan the Barbarian

Arthadan

8 hours ago, Florentin said:

The area & some lines of sight on the first & old map!

I worked on it...

But this is totally useless because we are working on a new map.

This was intended to give you a helping hand: printing in bn increasing dimension reprinting verifying...etc...

To share some ideas about distances between items (hills and monoliths....), because in some scenes/sequences seems the distance are really longer than supposed.

Anyway it was a good way to spend a hour of spare time...

1507361590658-1043721497.jpg

Edited by Xaltotun
  • Like 1

Yes, these are the sequences I was talking about: don't you agree that compared to the first pic you uploaded and to our first map (that is absolutely great!) the distance between the monolith central area and the hills seem bit longer than in other scenes. Sure, it's also a matter of filming...

I have generally found easier to experiment on several bn/patterns prints, printing them in several copies and working with my pencil in spare time, at work, on the train, before using brushes or pc.

I thought (once ended in a good bn!) to scan it and send it to you, thinking it'd have been easier to work with a bn material, to print even single parts, increasing/adjusting each, testing until they fit the real miniature game on the table before working on the real map.

Anyway, it's good if there's no need!

(as I told you I had an hour to.wait for a stupid congress to begin....) 😉

Edited by Xaltotun
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

@Xaltotun thank you for the job you are doing !

On ‎07‎/‎10‎/‎2017 at 10:01 AM, Xaltotun said:

Yes, these are the sequences I remembered don't you agree that compared to the first pic you uploaded and to our first map (that is absolutely great!) the distance between the monolith central area and the hills seem bit longer in other scenes. Sure it's also a matter of filming...

>> Yes you are right

I generally found easier to experiment on several bn/patterns prints, printing them in several copies and working with my pencil in spare time, at work, on the train, before using brushes or pc.

>> It is the first time that I work on a map so I have no method! Yours seem good to obtain a perfect result !

I thought (once ended in a good bn!) to scan it and send it to you, thinking it'd have been easier to work with a bn material, to print even single parts, increasing them, testing until they fit the real miniature game on the table before working on the real map.

>> With the map and components  I did last week and your work I think it will be easy to obtain a good result!

Anyway, it's good if there's no need!

Edited by Florentin
  • Like 1

I have received these CDs yesterday... I'm a little disillusioned!

CD1 & CD2 have more pieces of music than the first CD of the 82's soundtrack.

This is a good thing but  a lot were modified by Poledouris...and I don't like them...because they don't match at all with the spirit of the movie !

s-l500.jpgs-l500h.thumb.jpg.167aea37c097a6edeeeb7fb89ae09850.jpg

Edited by Florentin
  • Like 2

Watching again the Battle of the Mounds, I came up with this idea for the scenario:

AMBUSH IN THE STANDING STONES

If the last action a hero performs is a movement ending within the monolith field:

- the miniature is taken out of the board and replaced by two hero numbered tokens (1 and 2).

- the player gets to move both counters withing the monolith fields spending the same amounth of movement points.

- the players choses secretly which one is the real hero.

- In the OL turn, when an enemy unit enters an area with a hero token, the token is removed (if it wasn't the hero) or replaced with the miniature (if it was the hero).

Thoughts?

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, Xaltotun said:

Sounds good to me.

I'd also allow the horsemen to move along the corridors between the monoliths but not from one corridor to another; moreover, I'd put a limit of number of horsemen per area between the monoliths.

If the areas between corridors are too small for a horse base, then problem solved.

The limit of horsemen per area is given by their huge base size, if they don't fit, they cannot enter.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Arthadan said:

The limit of horsemen per area is given by their huge base size, if they don't fit, they cannot enter.

OK, but remember in the Rules Book it's written that all the miniatures don't fit an area, they can eventually attack from an adiacent one. I think it could be necessary to 'underline' if they can't enter the corridor areas more than one a time.

Edited by Xaltotun
  • Like 1