Conan the Barbarian

Arthadan

2 minutes ago, Vincent255 said:

Sounds like a good idea to me, the suggestion of restricting a mounted OL piece to where they can fit.  

The way I see it, between the corridors, there should be space to squeeze a Hero into, a place to launch a surprise attack if they can remain unseen.  

That's the idea behind the scenario rule I've propposed.

If we further divide the monolith field in corridors and stone rows, it would apply only to the stone rows areas.

Edited by Arthadan

Pending things:

Tokens: We are going to need quite a few for the scenario special rules. I don't need reference images for this, just get them done.

- Items/traps/decoys:

- I'll include all items: the two axes, the shield, 3 tokens for arros and spear. Maybe one potion too

- Traps: They all will work the same, so 1 generic trap illustration.

- Decoy: same illustration as the front side of the tokens.

- Front side ilustration.

Hero movement tokens (to "hide" in the monolith field): They'll be pretty similar to life tokens, just with numbers (1 and 2)

Units:

I'm considering doing a new mounted tile for the guys with the round helmet, weaker than the Fangs. Could be a good idea tohave some weaker enemies.

Map:

Map zoning, you guys go ahead with this one!

1 minute ago, Arthadan said:

I'm considering doing a new mounted tile for the guys with the round helmet, weaker than the Fangs. Could be a good idea tohave some weaker enemies

Absolutely!

I have sent yoy already many picture of them.

Take care that some seem to have rounded helmet, but they have horned ones

30 minutes ago, Xaltotun said:

Since you both are working on something, I can work on the tokens. Ok?

Perfect!

We need spear, arrows, potion and trap.

Perhaps the other side could be something different? Thulsa Doom symbol will be used for the standard token (when we decide to implement it).

• Like 1

I have just finished the first try of the new map ! I was a little optimistic when I said that the map would be finished during the afternoon yesterday!

Map is 30% wider than the last one but with some errors and I do not understand where that come....As I am using: excel to print to avoid "paint" trouble maybe that add some error...it is strange! I haven't other tools and the gimp seems to not allow me to print in real size and all my attempts were printed on only one page ...

Besides, I watched again the arrival of Conan to the mounds and saw that I did some mistakes with the monoliths. Now the map is improved.

I improve the quality even if it is not perfect at this step!

Map is: 91.68 cm x 78.49 cm instead of 91 cm x 78 cm...I will study this later!

As it is late I put partially the weeds and bushes and only a few.

Moreover, I tested different sizes of accessories so do not be afraid if you see strange things with strange size on the map.

I will improve it later !

59d997d38378a_BOTMV0.thumb.jpg.ac8164f06b48683ea6ea30c5058ba601.jpg

Purpose for you is to see if the places between monoliths are ok. I think it is but I would like to have your opinion.

Thank you !:dwarf:

Good night

PS1: .pdf is below with ...20 pages to print. I tried to reduce the number of pages but less margins sizes  cause printing errors.

PS2: A way to improve the map would be to obtain a high quality of Monoliths, weeds and bushes. But pictures from Monoliths (from above in high quality) are quite impossible to find.

As example, I used for my first map some 3D Monoliths model  and I captured a vision from above. But quality was too poor for printing (see old map below).

As I have no drone and no more "go pro", I'm not able to photograph myself such things...and it is a pity because each summer I go in Bretagne near Carnac (North-West of France) and there are a lot  of Monoliths...Moreover, As i'm not  living in a forest I'm not able to do the same thing with big rocks that could replaced Monoliths.

The very first map capture (3D Monoliths capture from above)

first_map_Monoliths.thumb.jpg.29431d3204764cd27d41a8547b2611be.jpg

The last map (stones  "from above" were found in high resolution on internet)

second_map_Monoliths.thumb.jpg.e3e62eebd276e02feaee108275329c5f.jpg

So if someone has better & realistic monoliths (or standing stones) pictures, just send me them!:sorcerer:

Note: As you can see the "stone ground" was improved for the same scale between the first map and the second one...I used a trickery to success in this operation with the Star Craft 2 editor! Moreover, I could improve it more in the future if necessary too!:dwarf:

PS3: In the movie as @Xaltotun said it seems that there were different place for the battle. First view of the mounds was similar to my first map but it seems that it was not the set used to film the battle because horses could easily moved between the stones...strange.

map_tile.thumb.png.0f217e24d3edefe6c6c4d8158731dd2a.png

, the floor seems to be in stone at first sight (see photo above) but during the fight it was replaced by sand...stunt protection I think...

As we don't care of stuntmans in our game we can let the stone ground but I enlarged the space between the stones to allow our miniatures to move between the monoliths as required by the team.

Map_Battle_Of_The_Mounds_081017.pdf

Edited by Florentin
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 2

Ok I reupload here the tokens I made by now.

Do you like the front side?

If you prefer that I use the spear from the original card (from the Campaign Book), could someone please send me a good image of it? My scanner had some problem this morning... Otherwise I can prepare a card for this spear. 

59d9f6c0a1ee4_tokenback4.thumb.jpg.edaad30e0156a2d7842a7b10a0df7829.jpg59d9f5157c73b_LifePotion1.thumb.jpg.d66febe1ac309f17630ad1722aa0554f.jpg59d9f516ac19a_ShieldToken2.thumb.jpg.5daeca05edda1da7f5c7b3cfb1bfb754.jpg59d9f5179c414_tokenArrows.thumb.jpg.c94050709def835e5196d2707bb00a3c.jpg59d9f5188fb63_tokenAxe.thumb.jpg.8489ea08b1d67311e9f7af97bd086e7b.jpg59d9f51c79891_tokenTwilightAxe.thumb.jpg.9fdc9b13b6c638784b44e1a02037b9f8.jpg59d9f51ac12eb_tokenBow.thumb.jpg.80e9dbf448361c54ee0c0b1e2626645f.jpg59d9f51b9f913_tokenSpear.thumb.jpg.f3a8b4916f5ce4123081bee376b04b13.jpg

PLUS these 2 in case there's need:

59d9f6f18834e_tokenback1.thumb.jpg.b0d9c370a057cf3f0ea6c9fb11c6fefb.jpg59d9f6f2bf523_tokenback2.thumb.jpg.988e7653c37b0ca29cbc576e1bffe12f.jpg

Trap is coming...

Edited by Xaltotun
  • Thanks 1

Just now, Florentin said:

@Xaltotun ! Could you do a token with only one arrow ? If so, it will be fun to print ten of them and to place them on the map for archers as Subotai  ?

I plan to make an arrow counter for Subotai. Each token will be 5 arrows and the token will be up to 15. I think is more user-friendly than printing 15 tokens.

Thoughts?