Conan the Barbarian

Arthadan

11 hours ago, Vincent255 said:

Coming along well.  

So what's next?  

Create the missing foot tile, update Thorgrim foot tile with increased damage, update helmet tile, do a couple zoning modifications on the map and update the scenario.

Being realistic I do hope to have it ready by the end of the month.

Today's update:

- Warriors of Doom tile finished.

- Fangs of set foot tile: I've changed the Skill, now they got :bloqueur:

- Equipment and campaign cards file updated in the Download section (current version is 2.2). Changes are hHelmet loses the special rule and weight one less point and the Pit Trap is simplified.

WD_foot_back.png

WD_foot_front.png

Next thing it's going to be updating the tiles file in the Download section. After that:

- Map update (@Florentin are you still available for his project?)

- Scenario update.

And we're good to go!

Edited by Arthadan

Tiles file is ready to upload but I have a little problem. The original file was uploaded to the Downloads section by @Xaltotun and I cannot update it. 

I'll wait to hear from him, but in the mean time here you are.

BotM - Tiles v1.4.pdf

So remaining tasks are just updating the scenario and the map.

Edited by Arthadan

8 hours ago, Vincent255 said:

Just checked them, they look good.  :smile:

I'm guessing this scenario is finally getting close to completion?  

Yes, but I have a small problem, @Florentin made the map and I need to change it. I've sent him a mail to ask if he's still interested in this project, if he is not then I'll ask him his permission to change the map myself. I'm also considering incorporating Batman map improvements on this one, as they will reduce the number of map rules (LoS with letters, zone exertion limit, difficult terrain icon...).

So for now I'll update the scenario text and wait for his answer about the map.

11 hours ago, Vincent255 said:

Looking it over, I'll get back to you when I've read/reviewed it.  

Thanks man!

Now that you've read it, what do you think?

Is it easy to understand (grammar mistakes apart)?

Do you think the special rules capture the essence of the movie well enough?

Open questions, by the way. Anybody feel free to comment!

11 hours ago, Arthadan said:

Thanks man!

Now that you've read it, what do you think?

Is it easy to understand (grammar mistakes apart)?

Do you think the special rules capture the essence of the movie well enough?

Open questions, by the way. Anybody feel free to comment!

Well, the 10-Turn Limit does confuse me (forgot to mention that earlier).  Could you clarify that detail?  Explain why?  And how that can be enough?  

Other than that though, the rest makes sense to me, and does capture the Spirit of the Movie well.  :smile:

12 hours ago, Vincent255 said:

Well, the 10-Turn Limit does confuse me (forgot to mention that earlier).  Could you clarify that detail?  Explain why?  And how that can be enough?  

Other than that though, the rest makes sense to me, and does capture the Spirit of the Movie well.  :smile:

Sorry, but I don't get where the confusion is. :unsure:

Many official scenarios have a turn limit (usually 8). In this case it's a bit longer  because both Overlord's goals are difficult to achieve and the big map adds a distance factor. 

So, if the OL achieves his goals within 10 turns he wins and if not it would be a Heroes' victory. The reason behind this is that Thulsa Doom decides to retreat after having his forces severly beaten up (as in the movie).

I hope I have answer the question, if not please tell me exactly what you find confusing about the turn limit.

Edited by Arthadan

5 hours ago, Arthadan said:

Sorry, but I don't get where the confusion is. :unsure:

Many official scenarios have a turn limit (usually 8). In this case it's a bit longer  because both Overlord's goals are difficult to achieve and the big map adds a distance factor. 

So, if the OL achieves his goals within 10 turns he wins and if not it would be a Heroes' victory. The reason behind this is that Thulsa Doom decides to retreat after having his forces severly beaten up (as in the movie).

I hope I have answer the question, if not please tell me exactly what you find confusing about the turn limit.

Only because every game I've played before either lacks a turn limit, or has a much larger one, and once a time limit was used.  Hence why the 10-turn limit had me wondering if that would be enough.  

1 hour ago, Vincent255 said:

Only because every game I've played before either lacks a turn limit, or has a much larger one, and once a time limit was used.  Hence why the 10-turn limit had me wondering if that would be enough.  

Many official scenarios have a turn limit of 8 turns (one full turn is one OL and one Heroe turn). For example In the clutches of the Picts scenario is 8 turns.

3 hours ago, Vincent255 said:
On 6/3/2018 at 6:30 PM, Arthadan said:

Tiles file is ready to upload but I have a little problem. The original file was uploaded to the Downloads section by @Xaltotun and I cannot update it. 

I'll wait to hear from him, but in the mean time here you are.

BotM - Tiles v1.4.pdf

So remaining tasks are just updating the scenario and the map.

Do you need me to recreate/correct the tokens?

13 minutes ago, Xaltotun said:

Do you need me to recreate/correct the tokens?

That would be great! Let's remove the tokens no longer in use, so people won't get lost. Also, recovering one of your old suggestions, can we have 6 single arrow tokens to be used instead the proyectiles tracker sheet? After decreasing the number of arrows it makes much more sense to use the tokens and save space.

• Like 1

Status update:

I've blown the war horn and my brothers in arms have answered!

@Xaltotun will update the following files:

- Tokens: removing those no longer in use in the last version of the scenario.

- Enemy tiles: upload of the last version with the foot tiles that I've shared here.

Our great cartographer @Florentin  has to catch up with the last changes I've been posting lately, then some fine tuning on the map and we'll be ready to go!

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Hi guys!

As I can see, the number of new posts in this thread is decreasing, like - probably - the entusiasm around the project. Am I wrong?

If you agree, I'd like to go on to the next scenario, conan and the wolves/atlantean sword.

I'd take the Easter time to "close" the discussion about the BotM and then to start with the new project.

My only suggest is first to:

- create the next scenarios with no further and new special rules;

-elaborate a good connections between the scenarios, the create the campaign.

-once we have a first version of the campaign, we can take time to check each scenario, test it and try variants to the official rules.

@Arthadan, @Florentin

What do you think about?

Edited by Xaltotun

Well to be perfectly honest, the protracted wait that's been the case since the beginning of the year - following a relatively quick development earlier - I think is the main reason for the decline in the post rate due to waning interest.  And this particular scenario is now running months behind the original schedule which I doubt is helping any.  

Still, I was hoping the next Scenario to be developed would be:  VII - The Fangs of the Serpent II, that being the one which caught my interest the most.  

11 minutes ago, Vincent255 said:

Well to be perfectly honest, the protracted wait that's been the case since the beginning of the year - following a relatively quick development earlier - I think is the main reason for the decline in the post rate due to waning interest.  And this particular scenario is now running months behind the original schedule which I doubt is helping any.  

Still, I was hoping the next Scenario to be developed would be:  VII - The Fangs of the Serpent II, that being the one which caught my interest the most.  

You can be right

We can develope the Fangs of the serpent: I guess the best is to step forward.

2 hours ago, Vincent255 said:

What scene are you calling the" Fangs of the serpent" in the movie ?