Conan the Barbarian

Arthadan

1 hour ago, Florentin said:

Very good job @Vincent255 !:dwarf::dwarf::dwarf::dwarf:

What is your feeling about the guards strength and number already present in the rooms even the ones that are completely naked ?

Same things for the others!

The difficult thing here is to manage the different guards strength, arrival and reinforcement across time !

Thanks. :paladin:

I would say that for the ones inside the Orgy Chamber already, since they're already under the influence of the Narcotics being burned or taken in that room, they're going to be very weak, with slowed reaction time, poor reflexes, and no real tactics.  

If you look in the movie, you'll note how they came one or two at a time, not as a group unlike in the Battle of the Mounds - where Conan, Subotai, & Akiro had the 'Home Field Advantage'.  

And I counted perhaps 12-15 such 'Guards' present at that time, before Reinforcements arrived.  Probably 12.  

Thus by the time Rexor, Thorgrimm, and the un-Wasted Guards (in both senses of the term) arrived, the Heroes wouldn't be that worn down from where I stand.  

Definitely stronger than the Drugged Guards, but unprepared for combat inside these deepest reaches of Doom's Stronghold.  

Then there's Doom himself to consider, the threat level he wields depending on his state should a Hero Player reach him.  

A lot of variables, I'll admit.  

• Like 2

On ‎8‎/‎16‎/‎2018 at 12:25 AM, Vincent255 said:

I would say that for the ones inside the Orgy Chamber already, since they're already under the influence of the Narcotics being burned or taken in that room, they're going to be very weak, with slowed reaction time, poor reflexes, and no real tactics. 

>> Yes, I'm totally agree but they slow down the displacement of the heroes and it is important because the more the heroes stay the more the danger increase! 

If you look in the movie, you'll note how they came one or two at a time, not as a group unlike in the Battle of the Mounds - where Conan, Subotai, & Akiro had the 'Home Field Advantage'.  

>> True ! But why ? Because it is very fast scene! They are surprised and not organized. What about a longer presence of the heroes in the orgy chamber ?

And I counted perhaps 12-15 such 'Guards' present at that time, before Reinforcements arrived.  Probably 12.  

>> You are quite true ! I have just re-seen the scene:

Before the turn where Rexor & Thorgrim arrive:

Subotai kills the servant in front of the cauldron+ 1 guard + 1 "without armor" guard

Valeria kills 2 guards

Conan kills 5 low level guys in the heart of the orgy chamber 

Total amount: 10 deads no more

Thus by the time Rexor, Thorgrimm, and the un-Wasted Guards (in both senses of the term) arrived, the Heroes wouldn't be that worn down from where I stand.  

>> Then I see Rexor + Thorgrim + 2 guards (but think there is a last one with a spear we don't see when they arrive because behind Rexor & Thorgrim. He can be seen later before engagement of the 3 warriors.

The 2 new guards seem to be killed by: the rolling cauldron and the other by Subotai on the stairs.

The last one with the spear keeps safe: he avoids to engage, looks for a good line of sight to throw his spear or prefers to let Rexor & Thorgrim fight?

- Moreover, when Conan is pushing the cauldron, in the Background, two snake priests or fidels seem to flee or prepare to attack ? Maybe they could be a danger with their "fangs of the serpent"

On ‎8‎/‎16‎/‎2018 at 12:25 AM, Vincent255 said:

Definitely stronger than the Drugged Guards, but unprepared for combat inside these deepest reaches of Doom's Stronghold.  

>> I'm agree!

Then there's Doom himself to consider, the threat level he wields depending on his state should a Hero Player reach him.  

>> Yes!

A lot of variables, I'll admit.  

>> In addition, even if in the movie we do not see a fight with the leopard that seems to be near the princess, a question is raising: is it a real fawn or a kind of kitten ?

One conclusion, there is no real danger until the arrival of Rexor & Thorgrim for heroes…It is more of a butcher shop…

Besides, the scene is fast:

between the sentence "So this is paradise" and the arrival of Thorgrim & Rexor: only 4mn.

Before the first Subotai sword hit (6:44) and the arrival of "Thorgrim & Rexor" (8:16): 1mn32s...very very short.

Some other feelings:

- I'm not certain Conan is enough strong to survive a double simultaneous assault from Rexor & Thorgrim without the fall of a part of the column...and arrival of new guards with spears and maybe Thulsa Doom with spells… He could be killed or capture again!

- To my mind, the actual scenario map design is too short for an "infiltration scenario": to consider only the orgy chamber reduce the stress and if no more guards arrive the scenario could become quite boring! If the scenario is not an "infiltration scenario" no more ennemies than in the movies in the orgy chamber, could become a problem for the overlord player who would not have pleasure to play.

- I'm asking myself if specific rules should not be created to manage effect of noise and fire effect on the danger that should increase rapidly… a kind of specific rules inspired from    "Rise of the Kage" (or in french)  or maybe "homebrew" Conan rules for stealth that already exist somewhere on "the Overlord web site"?

- Maybe alarm system should be set in the room ?

- Shadows & lights can be important? Sound ? Smell ? Drugs effect on ennemies ? Or not ?

I have the feeling that to create a funny scenario, we are going to imagine some elements that are not seen in the movie because the heroes infiltration is perfect: they are lucky and skillfull...

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Florentin said:

True ! But why ? Because it is very fast scene! They are surprised and not organized. What about a longer presence of the heroes in the orgy chamber ?

Longer presence of the Heroes?  If the alarm's been raised that's time for reinforcements to arrive, who are at a higher skill level and have a good idea as to what's happening.  

5 hours ago, Florentin said:

>> You are quite true ! I have just re-seen the scene:

Before the turn where Rexor & Thorgrim arrive:

Subotai kills the servant in front of the cauldron+ 1 guard + 1 "without armor" guard

Valeria kills 2 guards

Conan kills 5 low level guys in the heart of the orgy chamber 

Total amount: 10 deads no more

10 on-screen, perhaps more off-screen.  So about 10-12 initially sound reasonable?  Before reinforcements arrive?  

3 hours ago, Florentin said:

One conclusion, there is no real danger until the arrival of Rexor & Thorgrim for heroes…It is more of a butcher shop…

Besides, the scene is fast:

between the sentence "So this is paradise" and the arrival of Thorgrim & Rexor: only 4mn.

Before the first Subotai sword hit (6:44) and the arrival of "Thorgrim & Rexor" (8:16): 1mn32s...very very short.

Short and sweet, but then it needed to be since they also had to get in and out of there.  

Some other feelings:

- I'm not certain Conan is enough strong to survive a double simultaneous assault from Rexor & Thorgrim without the fall of a part of the column...and arrival of new guards with spears and maybe Thulsa Doom with spells… He could be killed or capture again!

The whole Pillar came down actually, after two blows from Thorgrim's War Hammer - much to his own surprise.  :umnik:

But Conan as far as I could tell did hold his own okay against them for as long as he did.  Having Subotai nearby to help is something I think can be considered.  

- To my mind, the actual scenario map design is too short for an "infiltration scenario": to consider only the orgy chamber reduce the stress and if no more guards arrive the scenario could become quite boring! If the scenario is not an "infiltration scenario" no more enemies than in the movies in the orgy chamber, could become a problem for the overlord player who would not have pleasure to play.

Don't forget that this follows immediately from Scenario VI, where they have to avoid detection to reach the Orgy Chamber.  After all if the alarm were raised there, Doom would have enough time to walk out of the Chamber through one of the other exits with Yasimina if the rules were to so state.  Alternatively the Overlord could set a Trap.  

But I think this would be something best left for the 'Expert Mode'.  

And as mentioned before, there's always the possibility of Doom being forced to enter the fray.  That could have some implications...

- I'm asking myself if specific rules should not be created to manage effect of noise and fire effect on the danger that should increase rapidly… a kind of specific rules inspired from    "Rise of the Kage" (or in french)  or maybe "homebrew" Conan rules for stealth that already exist somewhere on "the Overlord web site"?

- Maybe alarm system should be set in the room ?

- Shadows & lights can be important? Sound ? Smell ? Drugs effect on enemies ? Or not ?

If a fire is started, it would take time to properly take hold, and be noticed, but yes, I can see how it would need to be factored in.  

One idea I had for that (Alarm System in the Room) is for Doom to have a means of activating it from his Dias when he realises the danger he is in.  So even as he's becoming a snake, he's already tripped it and the others arrive in the given number of turns.  

I have the feeling that to create a funny scenario, we are going to imagine some elements that are not seen in the movie because the heroes infiltration is perfect: they are lucky and skillfull...

Well, there's one way to provide that already a few posts back. :dwarf:

>> In addition, even if in the movie we do not see a fight with the leopard that seems to be near the princess, a question is raising: is it a real fawn or a kind of kitten ?

In the Novelisation, it is stated that the leopard was also affected by the narcotics, so that should still hold true here.  Of course should the Chaos ensue...

• Like 2

35 minutes ago, Vincent255 said:

Longer presence of the Heroes? 

>> Yes ! Sorry! It was not very understandable!

When I say :"What about a longer presence of heroes in the orgy chamber, I would like to mean: "If the heroes stay longer maybe the strike back of the Doom's minion would be more efficient".

If the alarm's been raised that's time for reinforcements to arrive, who are at a higher skill level and have a good idea as to what's happening.  

>>Yes! It was the meaning of my question !

35 minutes ago, Vincent255 said:

10 on-screen, perhaps more off-screen.  So about 10-12 initially sound reasonable?  Before reinforcements arrive?  

>> Yes ! It is a good idea! We have the right to place additional guards. The ones off-screen before reinforcement arrive.

The whole Pillar came down actually, after two blows from Thorgrim's War Hammer - much to his own surprise.  :umnik:

>> True!

But Conan as far as I could tell did hold his own okay against them for as long as he did.  Having Subotai nearby to help is something I think can be considered.  

>> Yes Subotai support is to consider. In fact, as in the movie I considered Subotai go away but it would be to heroes players to decide of their strategy. So avoid to let Conan alone should be safer and less risky!

Don't forget that this follows immediately from Scenario VI, where they have to avoid detection to reach the Orgy Chamber.  After all if the alarm were raised there, Doom would have enough time to walk out of the Chamber through one of the other exits with Yasimina if the rules were to so state.  Alternatively the Overlord could set a Trap.  

>> You are right! I had forgotten this !

But I think this would be something best left for the 'Expert Mode'.  

>>ok.

And as mentioned before, there's always the possibility of Doom being forced to enter the fray.  That could have some implications...

>>Yes!

If a fire is started, it would take time to properly take hold, and be noticed, but yes, I can see how it would need to be factored in.  

>> To study but in a second time or in "expert mode" too.

One idea I had for that (Alarm System in the Room) is for Doom to have a means of activating it from his Dias when he realises the danger he is in.  So even as he's becoming a snake, he's already tripped it and the others arrive in the given number of turns.  

>> Hum! Interesting! It could be well that guards could access to a such system, as well ?

Well, there's one way to provide that already a few posts back. :dwarf:

>> I will read them again.

In the Novelisation, it is stated that the leopard was also affected by the narcotics, so that should still hold true here.  Of course should the Chaos ensue...

>> Ah ok! Maybe Leopard specific behavior should be in "expert mode" too.

• Like 1

I have read the scenario and it has some very good ideas.

Some quick ideas I suggest:

- Thulsa Doom: I think he should escape, it would be anti-climatic from a campaign perspective to have him killed in this scenario. If the heroes are real quick, perhaps they can choose between grabbing the Princess or attacking a fleeing Thulsa Doom in snake form. 

- Camouflage paint: In this scenario we have unarmored heroes with no potions. It's going to be extremely easy for the OL to kill them. I think we do need the alarm mechanic, powered by the camouflage, so the heroes can kill the not drugged guards one by one and hiding the bodies.

- Drugged people: I'd probably treat them as a penalty for heroes movement and also they can trigger the alarm.

- The broken pillar: I'd treat this as a "campaign card"  a special effect the heroes can use anytime as long as Thorgrim has used the hammer in any area adjacent to the central pillar.

What do you think?

• Like 3

58 minutes ago, Arthadan said:

I have read the scenario and it has some very good ideas.

Some quick ideas I suggest:

- Thulsa Doom: I think he should escape, it would be anti-climatic from a campaign perspective to have him killed in this scenario. If the heroes are real quick, perhaps they can choose between grabbing the Princess or attacking a fleeing Thulsa Doom in snake form. 

The Option of Escape for Thulsa Doom exists, depending on the chosen actions.  Watching that scene in the Movie, you'll note that Valeria did reach the Dias before Doom was completely out of harm's way, but chose to capture Princess Yasimina rather than try to kill Snake-Doom, even though the (admittedly slim) possibility was there.  

And I did write the options as so to allow for the chance of the Heroes being able to reach Doom before he completely Scales Up (realistically, I'd say about Stage 2) and has to deal with them, but really, only the Direct Assault allows for this.  Following the Movie's Path all but guarantees that Doom will escape, and if they wait, even odds.  

- Camouflage paint: In this scenario we have unarmored heroes with no potions. It's going to be extremely easy for the OL to kill them. I think we do need the alarm mechanic, powered by the camouflage, so the heroes can kill the not drugged guards one by one and hiding the bodies.

Alarms powered by Camouflage Paint?  I don't think I'm reading that right.  

And they'll be coming in straight from Scenario VI, a reason why so many of the opponents here are drugged.  

Undrugged ones arrive later.  

- Drugged people: I'd probably treat them as a penalty for heroes movement and also they can trigger the alarm.

Assuming they're in any condition to.  

- The broken pillar: I'd treat this as a "campaign card"  a special effect the heroes can use anytime as long as Thorgrim has used the hammer in any area adjacent to the central pillar.

And if I remember right, the pillar height was enough to create a significant barrier where it fell, so I can see a movement penalty being applied.  

As for a name for the Campaign Card:  "Does Not Know His Own Strength"?  "Did I Do That"?  "Fallen Idol"?  

What do you think?

Well, I'm still going to insist that Snake Doom be there, even if the conditions required to face him like that are tricky to create.  

Everything else I see good points being raised.  The Broken Pillar Idea for one, I hadn't really thought about how it could affect gameplay until you raised it. 

Edited by Vincent255
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

The Option of Escape for Thulsa Doom exists, depending on the chosen actions.  Watching that scene in the Movie, you'll note that Valeria did reach the Dias before Doom was completely out of harm's way, but chose to capture Princess Yasimina rather than try to kill Snake-Doom, even though the (admittedly slim) possibility was there.  

And I did write the options as so to allow for the chance of the Heroes being able to reach Doom before he completely Scales Up (realistically, I'd say about Stage 2) and has to deal with them, but really, only the Direct Assault allows for this.  Following the Movie's Path all but guarantees that Doom will escape, and if they wait, even odds. 

Meet me halfway. I suggest if the heroes are real quick (a turn limit we'll have to work out), they can hurt Thulsa Doom (big snake form) and part of the wounds will be kept for the next scenario (TD would start the Battle of the Mounds scenario with less life points).

This way we give the heroes the chance to attack TD without having a real chance to kill him (and we simplify the scenario, not needing a profile for an hybrid snake-man stage).

- Drugged people raising the alarm.

When the heroes begin to fight guards on the illuminated area near the column, drugged people will scream raising the alarm (perhaps rolling a dice) . Something like that.

Alarms powered by Camouflage Paint?  I don't think I'm reading that right.  

I meant heroes will be harder to detect thanks to the body paint.

Edited by Arthadan
  • Like 1

11 hours ago, Arthadan said:

Meet me halfway. I suggest if the heroes are real quick (a turn limit we'll have to work out), they can hurt Thulsa Doom (big snake form) and part of the wounds will be kept for the next scenario (TD would start the Battle of the Mounds scenario with less life points).

This way we give the heroes the chance to attack TD without having a real chance to kill him (and we simplify the scenario, not needing a profile for an hybrid snake-man stage).

Been thinking about this one for some time.  

I recall that in the novelisation (the movie didn't make any mention of this btw), but it took Conan, Subotai, and Akiro a full day and a decent chunk of the next to set up their Field for when Doom and his Soldiers came to take Yasimina, the day before the battle had been a Holy Day for the Children of Set, which is why they didn't turn up then.  If we include that, then yes, some of the wounds would have had time to heal, so I can see Thulsa Doom recovering some of his LP making sense for that reason.  

Thing is, when Doom turned into a Snake, it was a slow process (the reason I suggested 3 turns on the assumption of 8 turns total), and the Map I don't think would be that big.  Looks to me as if they could get from the "front entrance" to Doom's Throne by the 2nd Turn if they run, by which point (as currently written) it would be a Snake-Man Doom they'd see there.  

To get around this problem?  Here's some ideas:  

• Doom's already at Stage 2 or 3 at the beginning of the Scenario, perhaps with all the drugs and narcotics in the air, he feels he can do this safely - or so he thought.  So the moment he realises he's in danger, he only needs, at most, one turn to finish it and start fleeing.  Faster than the Heroes can reach him.  But ignores the fact that he did this, solely as a means of escape.  
  • Skip Stage 2 and go straight from Stage 1 to Stage 3.  Though this means ignoring the slower pace the movie showed.  

The problems here are:  

If Thulsa Doom is assured of surviving this Scenario, then that's fully 1/3 of the Attack Options gone already, since the Silent Approach Option relies on him still being there and not raising the alarm.  And the Gameplay becomes much more restricted as a consequence from where I stand.  

If Doom's survival is guaranteed (and indeed, the Heroes can't even inflict any serious/meaningful injury on him) then what point is there having any Thulsa Doom Token on the board at all?  I can't see one.  From my perspective, he might as well have never been in the Orgy Chamber in the first place.  

One possibility of resolving this?  

By using your suggestions and incorporating them into the 'Standard Mode' that's being made right now, and leave mine for the 'Expert Mode'.  

If memory serves me right, 'Standard Mode' is all the scenarios being developed right now, with all of them to be completed before 'Expert Mode' rulings, options, and other required elements are made later.  

I think this way is the best compromise, since @Florentin did mention earlier saving other elements such as the Leopard in that very same Orgy Chamber (who did have a vital impact in the novelisation to allow Conan an opening for escape) and how fire and smoke would impact on Gameplay should also be left for the Expert Mode.

Not having to worry about a Snake-Man Doom Profile and Tile Card until then as well, as worrying about how to make the Silent Approach Option work?  I feel this would be the best way to go ahead.  

11 hours ago, Arthadan said:

- Drugged people raising the alarm.

When the heroes begin to fight guards on the illuminated area near the column, drugged people will scream raising the alarm (perhaps rolling a dice) . Something like that.

I meant heroes will be harder to detect thanks to the body paint.

It's possible.  They did start screaming and panicking within Seconds of the Battle starting after all.  Maybe one got out and raised the alarm that way?  Or the commotion was heard?  Or the mechanical alarm mentioned earlier?  Any one of these can do it.  

But the Body Paint only worked as Camouflage while in the darkened tunnels, in the brightly-lit Orgy Chamber they really stood out.  Or they would have if the occupants weren't so utterly Wasted!  :laughing1:

• Like 1

On 9/5/2018 at 10:13 AM, Arthadan said:

Since Doom is ignored by the characters in this scene, why don’t we limit his presence, arriving in the scenario on the last turn with last reinforcements?

On 4/3/2018 at 4:50 PM, Vincent255 said:

Hard to say.  I know in the movie it was almost straight from one to the other, with perhaps less than a minute of respite - when they noticed what as going on in the Orgy Chamber - but the Heroes were able to avoid any fights so I'd think they'd still be close to full strength in that instance.  Little (if any) in the way of fatigue.  And a general lack of awareness as to their being there - save perhaps for TD.  

It can work, but I wonder what the others think.  

We could put some guards in the corridor if they succeed in killing them before they reach the room the OL will lose a first chance for ringing the alarm.

The heroes could have a first chance rolling the dice with no reply by the guard, then normal rounds of fight....

It’s only an idea to give some thrill since the beginning.

• Like 1

The problems here are:  

If Thulsa Doom is assured of surviving this Scenario, then that's fully 1/3 of the Attack Options gone already, since the Silent Approach Option relies on him still being there and not raising the alarm.  And the Gameplay becomes much more restricted as a consequence from where I stand.  

If Doom's survival is guaranteed (and indeed, the Heroes can't even inflict any serious/meaningful injury on him) then what point is there having any Thulsa Doom Token on the board at all?  I can't see one.  From my perspective, he might as well have never been in the Orgy Chamber in the first place.  

Well, pro is the scenario will play more like the movie. Anyway rushing to TD throne room to catch him before turning should be suicidal (in my opinion).  This way we don't need a TD tile, hurting him would a "bonus objective" and he's there just to add flavour rather than raise the difficulty.

As we have already discussed, unarmored heroes are going to have a hard time in this scenario, specially with Rexor and Thorgrim around.

One possibility of resolving this?  

By using your suggestions and incorporating them into the 'Standard Mode' that's being made right now, and leave mine for the 'Expert Mode'.  

I think that's a perfect solution.

It's possible.  They did start screaming and panicking within Seconds of the Battle starting after all.  Maybe one got out and raised the alarm that way?  Or the commotion was heard?  Or the mechanical alarm mentioned earlier?  Any one of these can do it.  

Surely the guards will heard the commotion of dozens of women screaming when the blood-soaked barrian begins to gut guards before their eyes.

I meant the alarm mechanic, not a "mechanical alarm". There are some official scenarios using something similar (heroes trying to avoid to be detected) which I suggest to use as a starting point. Check out the official scenario Trapped like rats, special rules "hidden in the shadows" and "Alarm!". Link: Trapped like rats.

• Like 1

VICTORY CONDITIONS

HEROES:          The Heroes win the Scenario if before the end of Turn 8[1], they have either escaped with Princess Yasimina or Thulsa Doom is killed, and at least Conan and Subotai are still alive.  

OVERLORD:      The Overlord will win should the Heroes: Fail to steal Princess Yasimina; Valeria and Conan or Subotai are killed, or; Princess Yasimina dies before the end of Turn 8

May I suggest that if Valeria dies, the scenario is a draw, or the victory points for the heroes are reduced. If she survives, she’ll be present at the battle of the mounds, so in Scenario variant.

still not sure about this: Why  should Yasmina be killed by the OL?

• Like 1

By the way, a bit off-topic. I've just got the PDF preview of the Monolith Sourcebook, from Modiphius (a RPG/board game crossover). It's quite interesting and it has some advice on creating your own scenarios (and a solo game mode!). I haven't finished it yet, but I'm liking what I read. 

I'll share with you any insights relevant for this scenario.

Imagen4.jpg

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Xaltotun said:

VICTORY CONDITIONS

HEROES:          The Heroes win the Scenario if before the end of Turn 8[1], they have either escaped with Princess Yasimina or Thulsa Doom is killed, and at least Conan and Subotai are still alive.  

OVERLORD:      The Overlord will win should the Heroes: Fail to steal Princess Yasimina; Valeria and Conan or Subotai are killed, or; Princess Yasimina dies before the end of Turn 8

May I suggest that if Valeria dies, the scenario is a draw, or the victory points for the heroes are reduced. If she survives, she’ll be present at the battle of the mounds, so in Scenario variant.

still not sure about this: Why  should Yasmina be killed by the OL?

I'd say:

Heroes Victory: Escaping with the Princess before turn X.

Overlord Victory: Avoiding Yasmina's rescue / killing all the heroes.

In campaign mode we will refine victry conditions (i.e. the OL will win additional Campaign points if some heroe are killed even if the heroes win, the heroes will gain some campaign points for hurting TD in snake form and so on). 

Campaign points will be used to level up the heroes and to buy gems for a common pool (much like the official campaign the Devil in Iron), and the OL would be able to buy special gems (counting as two gems when used, but only as one to recover).

Sounds good?

• Like 1

21 hours ago, Arthadan said:

Well, pro is the scenario will play more like the movie. Anyway rushing to TD throne room to catch him before turning should be suicidal (in my opinion).  This way we don't need a TD tile, hurting him would a "bonus objective" and he's there just to add flavour rather than raise the difficulty.

As we have already discussed, unarmored heroes are going to have a hard time in this scenario, specially with Rexor and Thorgrim around.

Well in the Novelisation they did - well, just Conan who obsessed over his Father's Sword that was on display in that version, the others joining his side to aid him,  And they really had to do a convoluted mess to get around it.  

On the subject, how many of those guards had any meaningful armour?  Rexor & Thorgrim certainly didn't.  

I think that's a perfect solution.

Then that's what we'll do.  :smile:

Surely the guards will heard the commotion of dozens of women screaming when the blood-soaked barrian begins to gut guards before their eyes.

I meant the alarm mechanic, not a "mechanical alarm". There are some official scenarios using something similar (heroes trying to avoid to be detected) which I suggest to use as a starting point. Check out the official scenario Trapped like rats, special rules "hidden in the shadows" and "Alarm!". Link: Trapped like rats.

Depends on how far away they are.  That can be worked out since that latest map has three entrances.  

21 hours ago, Xaltotun said:

Since Doom is ignored by the characters in this scene, why don’t we limit his presence, arriving in the scenario on the last turn with last reinforcements?

Because he was in at the start in the movie?  And the book?  

But yeah, for the Standard Mode, leaving him out could work.  

I'd say:

In campaign mode we will refine victry conditions (i.e. the OL will win additional Campaign points if some heroe are killed even if the heroes win, the heroes will gain some campaign points for hurting TD in snake form and so on). 

Campaign points will be used to level up the heroes and to buy gems for a common pool (much like the official campaign the Devil in Iron), and the OL would be able to buy special gems (counting as two gems when used, but only as one to recover).

Sounds good?

Yeah, let's not forget that in order to bring Conan back from the brink of Death, the Spirits of the Mounds extracted a Heavy Toll, one that Valeria stated clearly that she would Pay.  That's why I feel her Death in this Scenario should not induce a Loss for the Heroes.  Adapting it to allow any one Hero Player to die I'm less sure about.  

But it did seem to pick up Doom's Spirits, and his Troops Morale in the movie, so this influencing the Campaign Points I see as reasonable.  

• Like 1

On 9/7/2018 at 12:30 AM, Arthadan said:

I'd say:

Sounds good?

Sounds great!

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, Xaltotun said:

Excuse me which book are you referring to, please?

Conan the Barbarian, the novelisation of the Movie.  

Was based on the 2nd draft for the movie - after John Milius was brought on board - but not the final script.  

Largely the same, but a number of key differences.  

I mainly use it where it doesn't contradict the movie, but does help to add to it.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 4 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On ‎1‎/‎18‎/‎2019 at 9:23 AM, Arthadan said:

Not on my end, sorry. I'm getting into the miniatures business with my own brand and it's a very time-consuming thing to do.

Check out the link to the Facebook group, you'll get a pleasant surprise!

Link to the Facebook group

Very Great Job @Arthadan !

You follow our dream and you succeed in making it become reality!

You were courageous!

I think it is a great opportunity for the project!

• Like 3