https://the-overlord.com/FilesMBP/MBP-PM_Bannniere_Forum.jpg

https://the-overlord.com/ImagesBA/Batman-PM_Banner_Forum.jpg

Arthadan

Conan the Barbarian

1 hour ago, Florentin said:

Very good job @Vincent255 !:dwarf::dwarf::dwarf::dwarf:

What is your feeling about the guards strength and number already present in the rooms even the ones that are completely naked ?

Same things for the others!

The difficult thing here is to manage the different guards strength, arrival and reinforcement across time !

Thanks. :paladin:

I would say that for the ones inside the Orgy Chamber already, since they're already under the influence of the Narcotics being burned or taken in that room, they're going to be very weak, with slowed reaction time, poor reflexes, and no real tactics.  

If you look in the movie, you'll note how they came one or two at a time, not as a group unlike in the Battle of the Mounds - where Conan, Subotai, & Akiro had the 'Home Field Advantage'.  

And I counted perhaps 12-15 such 'Guards' present at that time, before Reinforcements arrived.  Probably 12.  

Thus by the time Rexor, Thorgrimm, and the un-Wasted Guards (in both senses of the term) arrived, the Heroes wouldn't be that worn down from where I stand.  

Definitely stronger than the Drugged Guards, but unprepared for combat inside these deepest reaches of Doom's Stronghold.  

Then there's Doom himself to consider, the threat level he wields depending on his state should a Hero Player reach him.  

A lot of variables, I'll admit.  

• Like 1

On ‎8‎/‎16‎/‎2018 at 12:25 AM, Vincent255 said:

I would say that for the ones inside the Orgy Chamber already, since they're already under the influence of the Narcotics being burned or taken in that room, they're going to be very weak, with slowed reaction time, poor reflexes, and no real tactics. 

>> Yes, I'm totally agree but they slow down the displacement of the heroes and it is important because the more the heroes stay the more the danger increase! 

If you look in the movie, you'll note how they came one or two at a time, not as a group unlike in the Battle of the Mounds - where Conan, Subotai, & Akiro had the 'Home Field Advantage'.  

>> True ! But why ? Because it is very fast scene! They are surprised and not organized. What about a longer presence of the heroes in the orgy chamber ?

And I counted perhaps 12-15 such 'Guards' present at that time, before Reinforcements arrived.  Probably 12.  

>> You are quite true ! I have just re-seen the scene:

Before the turn where Rexor & Thorgrim arrive:

Subotai kills the servant in front of the cauldron+ 1 guard + 1 "without armor" guard

Valeria kills 2 guards

Conan kills 5 low level guys in the heart of the orgy chamber 

Total amount: 10 deads no more

Thus by the time Rexor, Thorgrimm, and the un-Wasted Guards (in both senses of the term) arrived, the Heroes wouldn't be that worn down from where I stand.  

>> Then I see Rexor + Thorgrim + 2 guards (but think there is a last one with a spear we don't see when they arrive because behind Rexor & Thorgrim. He can be seen later before engagement of the 3 warriors.

The 2 new guards seem to be killed by: the rolling cauldron and the other by Subotai on the stairs.

The last one with the spear keeps safe: he avoids to engage, looks for a good line of sight to throw his spear or prefers to let Rexor & Thorgrim fight?

- Moreover, when Conan is pushing the cauldron, in the Background, two snake priests or fidels seem to flee or prepare to attack ? Maybe they could be a danger with their "fangs of the serpent"

On ‎8‎/‎16‎/‎2018 at 12:25 AM, Vincent255 said:

Definitely stronger than the Drugged Guards, but unprepared for combat inside these deepest reaches of Doom's Stronghold.  

>> I'm agree!

Then there's Doom himself to consider, the threat level he wields depending on his state should a Hero Player reach him.  

>> Yes!

A lot of variables, I'll admit.  

>> In addition, even if in the movie we do not see a fight with the leopard that seems to be near the princess, a question is raising: is it a real fawn or a kind of kitten ?

One conclusion, there is no real danger until the arrival of Rexor & Thorgrim for heroes…It is more of a butcher shop…

Besides, the scene is fast:

between the sentence "So this is paradise" and the arrival of Thorgrim & Rexor: only 4mn.

Before the first Subotai sword hit (6:44) and the arrival of "Thorgrim & Rexor" (8:16): 1mn32s...very very short.

Some other feelings:

- I'm not certain Conan is enough strong to survive a double simultaneous assault from Rexor & Thorgrim without the fall of a part of the column...and arrival of new guards with spears and maybe Thulsa Doom with spells… He could be killed or capture again!

- To my mind, the actual scenario map design is too short for an "infiltration scenario": to consider only the orgy chamber reduce the stress and if no more guards arrive the scenario could become quite boring! If the scenario is not an "infiltration scenario" no more ennemies than in the movies in the orgy chamber, could become a problem for the overlord player who would not have pleasure to play.

- I'm asking myself if specific rules should not be created to manage effect of noise and fire effect on the danger that should increase rapidly… a kind of specific rules inspired from    "Rise of the Kage" (or in french)  or maybe "homebrew" Conan rules for stealth that already exist somewhere on "the Overlord web site"?

- Maybe alarm system should be set in the room ?

- Shadows & lights can be important? Sound ? Smell ? Drugs effect on ennemies ? Or not ?

I have the feeling that to create a funny scenario, we are going to imagine some elements that are not seen in the movie because the heroes infiltration is perfect: they are lucky and skillfull...

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Florentin said:

True ! But why ? Because it is very fast scene! They are surprised and not organized. What about a longer presence of the heroes in the orgy chamber ?

Longer presence of the Heroes?  If the alarm's been raised that's time for reinforcements to arrive, who are at a higher skill level and have a good idea as to what's happening.  

5 hours ago, Florentin said:

>> You are quite true ! I have just re-seen the scene:

Before the turn where Rexor & Thorgrim arrive:

Subotai kills the servant in front of the cauldron+ 1 guard + 1 "without armor" guard

Valeria kills 2 guards

Conan kills 5 low level guys in the heart of the orgy chamber 

Total amount: 10 deads no more

10 on-screen, perhaps more off-screen.  So about 10-12 initially sound reasonable?  Before reinforcements arrive?  

3 hours ago, Florentin said:

One conclusion, there is no real danger until the arrival of Rexor & Thorgrim for heroes…It is more of a butcher shop…

Besides, the scene is fast:

between the sentence "So this is paradise" and the arrival of Thorgrim & Rexor: only 4mn.

Before the first Subotai sword hit (6:44) and the arrival of "Thorgrim & Rexor" (8:16): 1mn32s...very very short.

Short and sweet, but then it needed to be since they also had to get in and out of there.  

Some other feelings:

- I'm not certain Conan is enough strong to survive a double simultaneous assault from Rexor & Thorgrim without the fall of a part of the column...and arrival of new guards with spears and maybe Thulsa Doom with spells… He could be killed or capture again!

The whole Pillar came down actually, after two blows from Thorgrim's War Hammer - much to his own surprise.  :umnik:

But Conan as far as I could tell did hold his own okay against them for as long as he did.  Having Subotai nearby to help is something I think can be considered.  

- To my mind, the actual scenario map design is too short for an "infiltration scenario": to consider only the orgy chamber reduce the stress and if no more guards arrive the scenario could become quite boring! If the scenario is not an "infiltration scenario" no more enemies than in the movies in the orgy chamber, could become a problem for the overlord player who would not have pleasure to play.

Don't forget that this follows immediately from Scenario VI, where they have to avoid detection to reach the Orgy Chamber.  After all if the alarm were raised there, Doom would have enough time to walk out of the Chamber through one of the other exits with Yasimina if the rules were to so state.  Alternatively the Overlord could set a Trap.  

But I think this would be something best left for the 'Expert Mode'.  

And as mentioned before, there's always the possibility of Doom being forced to enter the fray.  That could have some implications...

- I'm asking myself if specific rules should not be created to manage effect of noise and fire effect on the danger that should increase rapidly… a kind of specific rules inspired from    "Rise of the Kage" (or in french)  or maybe "homebrew" Conan rules for stealth that already exist somewhere on "the Overlord web site"?

- Maybe alarm system should be set in the room ?

- Shadows & lights can be important? Sound ? Smell ? Drugs effect on enemies ? Or not ?

If a fire is started, it would take time to properly take hold, and be noticed, but yes, I can see how it would need to be factored in.  

One idea I had for that (Alarm System in the Room) is for Doom to have a means of activating it from his Dias when he realises the danger he is in.  So even as he's becoming a snake, he's already tripped it and the others arrive in the given number of turns.  

I have the feeling that to create a funny scenario, we are going to imagine some elements that are not seen in the movie because the heroes infiltration is perfect: they are lucky and skillfull...

Well, there's one way to provide that already a few posts back. :dwarf:

>> In addition, even if in the movie we do not see a fight with the leopard that seems to be near the princess, a question is raising: is it a real fawn or a kind of kitten ?

In the Novelisation, it is stated that the leopard was also affected by the narcotics, so that should still hold true here.  Of course should the Chaos ensue...

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, Vincent255 said:

Longer presence of the Heroes? 

>> Yes ! Sorry! It was not very understandable!

When I say :"What about a longer presence of heroes in the orgy chamber, I would like to mean: "If the heroes stay longer maybe the strike back of the Doom's minion would be more efficient".

If the alarm's been raised that's time for reinforcements to arrive, who are at a higher skill level and have a good idea as to what's happening.  

>>Yes! It was the meaning of my question !

35 minutes ago, Vincent255 said:

10 on-screen, perhaps more off-screen.  So about 10-12 initially sound reasonable?  Before reinforcements arrive?  

>> Yes ! It is a good idea! We have the right to place additional guards. The ones off-screen before reinforcement arrive.

The whole Pillar came down actually, after two blows from Thorgrim's War Hammer - much to his own surprise.  :umnik:

>> True!

But Conan as far as I could tell did hold his own okay against them for as long as he did.  Having Subotai nearby to help is something I think can be considered.  

>> Yes Subotai support is to consider. In fact, as in the movie I considered Subotai go away but it would be to heroes players to decide of their strategy. So avoid to let Conan alone should be safer and less risky!

Don't forget that this follows immediately from Scenario VI, where they have to avoid detection to reach the Orgy Chamber.  After all if the alarm were raised there, Doom would have enough time to walk out of the Chamber through one of the other exits with Yasimina if the rules were to so state.  Alternatively the Overlord could set a Trap.  

>> You are right! I had forgotten this !

But I think this would be something best left for the 'Expert Mode'.  

>>ok.

And as mentioned before, there's always the possibility of Doom being forced to enter the fray.  That could have some implications...

>>Yes!

If a fire is started, it would take time to properly take hold, and be noticed, but yes, I can see how it would need to be factored in.  

>> To study but in a second time or in "expert mode" too.

One idea I had for that (Alarm System in the Room) is for Doom to have a means of activating it from his Dias when he realises the danger he is in.  So even as he's becoming a snake, he's already tripped it and the others arrive in the given number of turns.  

>> Hum! Interesting! It could be well that guards could access to a such system, as well ?

Well, there's one way to provide that already a few posts back. :dwarf:

>> I will read them again.

In the Novelisation, it is stated that the leopard was also affected by the narcotics, so that should still hold true here.  Of course should the Chaos ensue...

>> Ah ok! Maybe Leopard specific behavior should be in "expert mode" too.

• Like 1