Arthadan

Conan the Barbarian

Arthadan    144
21 minutes ago, Florentin said:

@Arthadan ! What about the activation at the same time of the same unit family (mounted & dismounted) and for only the cost of the mounted tile. This idea was presented in the french forum.

For example in the river, only the mounted tiles of the red Fangs is used (normally they are 5 activated) but as there are 2 that were dismounted the tile of dismounted warriors is present near the river (but not on the river). Thus, when the overlord activated the red Fangs riders both the tiles are activated for only the mounted Fangs tile cost

If not Overlord will have to pay twice for characters that belong at the beginning of the game at the same group...risk to upset the balance of the game!

What are you thinking of this ?

I prefer the idea of having separated tiles with separated colors for Mounted and Dismounted. This will force the Overlord to consider dredging the River or chose carefully which unit to activate. The Mounted units are overpowered (as they should be in my opinion) and I think this drawback will balance them.

Anyway, playtesting will give us the answer.

• Like 1

Arthadan    144
14 minutes ago, Florentin said:

Be careful to not enlarge the map if we do not want to change the place of the battle! In fact in the movie the battle of the mounds occured in a very small area ! The map that I realized respects this to meter-scale tolerance !

map_tile.thumb.png.30c87047ae16a5b9f8401b5691eece82.pngconan00003.thumb.png.312433779d5549f2c6968569c9fb0364.png

If you would like to enlarge the area maybe new spots should be added as the Akiro hut and maybe other mounds and pits...maybe the sea too ?

If we are true to the battle, a monoliths rows must allow to place a horse base between them (lion or tiger base) and a person should be able to move between monoliths of the same row. 

I think if we resize the map, say a 30% bigger will still look true to the movie and we can have bigger zones for horses.  However you gotthe printed version, so you know better.

• Like 2

Xaltotun    88

I think that basically the point to enlarge the map should be to have more space (/or more areas?) between the monoliths to move the miniatures through.

What do you think?

Ps. Image if you want to expand the map with 3d items

• Like 1

Florentin    60
16 minutes ago, Arthadan said:

I prefer the idea of having separated tiles with separated colors for Mounted and Dismounted. This will force the Overlord to consider dredging the River or chose carefully which unit to activate. The Mounted units are overpowered (as they should be in my opinion) and I think this drawback will balance them.

Anyway, playtesting will give us the answer.

We will see ! Both could be tested!

• Like 2

Xaltotun    88
12 minutes ago, Arthadan said:

If we are true to the battle, a monoliths rows must allow to place a horse base between them (lion or tiger base) and a person should be able to move between monoliths of the same row. 

I think if we resize the map, say a 30% bigger will still look true to the movie and we can have bigger zones for horses.  However you gotthe printed version, so you know better.

I was writing the same... as you can see

• Like 1

Florentin    60

Of course map could be enlarged: 30% seems honest !

I delivered all the files (Gimp format) so you can play with to do such improvement!

Edited by Florentin
  • Like 1

Arthadan    144
Just now, Florentin said:

Of course map could be enlarge 30% seems honest !

I have delivered all the files (Gimp format) so you can play with to do such improvement!

I'll work on that as soon as I'm done with the tiles, only three left!!

• Like 3

Arthadan    144
2 hours ago, Primeval said:

Is there a gimp file for creating these? Awesome work by  the way!

Glad you like it!

There is no GIMP file for life tokens, I'll share my PNG this evening in the Download section.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Florentin    60

I have just finished to stick the 14 riders of doom and I take few minutes to share them with you!:dwarf:

Some are not yet finished like the banner bringer (I'm trying to overcome the green stuff to try to do the Thulsa Doom banner but it is  quite difficult), and some riders maybe will be replaced by new conversions if possible (mainly to represent Fangs of doom that are not yet represented).

As you can see a small death dealer has just done is apparition in the hounds just for fun...not certain he will stay to attack Conan and his friends  !:sorcerer:

1.jpg

3.jpg

2.jpg

• Like 5

Xaltotun    88
On 23/9/2017 at 1:56 PM, Florentin said:

@ArthadanThere are already these tiles for mounted Rexor !

Rexor_t2_png_04104b8fa7e374396234d1e18854a411.png

Personally I like the image chosen for this tile.

Edited by Xaltotun
  • Like 2

Xaltotun    88

A quick reaserch on the web

Too small/lq images probably; the last one could be very good for Thorgrim, but unfortunately it's b/w.

106530.jpgv1.bjsyNDAxMjc7ajsxNzQ2MjsxMjAwOzE3NDc7MTMxMA.jpg

conan-hammer-of-thorgrim.thumb.jpg.744c8b799d67f7bcdf44de2c88ee2827.jpgthorg.jpg

Edited by Xaltotun
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1