Conan the Barbarian

Arthadan

6 hours ago, Florentin said:

Hi team,

I was not very present on this topic (because very busy these last times) even if I found you very active and I find your ideas very interesting ! :dwarf:

Even If Crom often doesn't care of human beings I'm certain he is glad of your work! :sorcerer:

Moreover, you are doing a very good job with all the tiles!

To help you in doing them I did some research on the net, and I found some links towards hundreds of drawings & pictures !

Maybe the link 1, link 2 and link 3 could help you to do the missing tiles 

Below find a small extract from the links above where very skillful artists drew  beautiful pictures about the "Conan the barbarian"  movie!

Some great finds there F, particularly love that one of Conan's mom

36 minutes ago, Xaltotun said:

Here's a guard directly from the Mountain of Doom. I'm working on another one with an axe.

@Arthadan As you asked I didn''t apply any filter. ;-)

Hope this can be quite good for you.

Rexor is coming but unfortunately it seems very hard to add legs to the picture I previously had uploaded.

Image44a.jpg

That's spot on

• Like 1

While searching for some uselful pics, I found Conan fighting in the orgy room against the ...ehm ...orgy boys I guess...

Unfortunately I couldn't find a better picture (legs missing)... anyway isn't he good looking?

I don't know if those guys could be of any use to @Arthadan, but, if so, here's a first attempt.

Someone wanna date him?

Image45.jpg

Image1.jpg

Edited by Xaltotun
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Arthadan said:

By the way, let's think about stats for the guards. I'd save the Bodyguard skill for the heavy armored masked ones.

I'm happy they're ok for you!

Ok. First, I'll try to finish the Fangs of Set, who fight also in the final battle.

I have collected several pics and screenshots of them... let's see.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Arthadan said:

@XaltotunThose guards are perfect!

I wasn't going to include the creepy diaper guy, but now that we have it, I'll give it a thought when we reach that scenario.

Thanks a lot for your work!

By the way, let's think about stats for the guards. I'd save the Bodyguard skill for the heavy armored masked ones.

I was going to create the orgy room scenario before ever we started to work on the full movie.

If I don't find better for the masked pot stirrers I'm going to use The Colosse by Sygill forge, love that figure

• Like 2

I would like to talk about the wizard (Akiro) role in "the battle of the mounds".

I read all you have written  about him and how you would like to use him during game !

Why not ! An ally could be funny to play ! But I think it could exist an other alternative! Akiro could be a hero! A weak but a power full hero!:wink:

Why not to consider him as he could have been and maybe he was: a great sorcerer !

In fact, I'm not certain his role was useless or he was just here to make us laugh with its too large armors and his weakness even if it looked like a ridiculous & funny fellow!

Nevertheless, in "Conan the Barbarian", he is not very active during the fight at first sight!

For the spectators, he spent all his time hidden in the monoliths and sometimes he used his spear!

But is it the truth ?

In fact, there are some events that make me think that we did not saw all the things that took place and how they took place !

Some strange things occured during the battle:

- 1 warrior + 1 thief + 1 old man overcame 13 skillfull riders lead by a powerfull sorcerer ?

- Conan was hit by a war hammer in his face but he survived ? 

- Thulsa Doom had the skill to throw snake arrows but no arrows flew during the fights toward Subotai, Conan and Akiro or try to hit its target until last scene ? Was there a protection? 

- One snake arrow was going to hit the princess but Subotai succeeded in blocking it by doing a fabulous plunge? How is it that? 

- The standing stones of the place are only a few but the heroes avoided to be seen by ennemies and play cats and mouse easily ? How is it that? 

- A dead (beautiful) woman come back from hell to defend the sweetheart of her last life ? Incredible! 

- Thulsa Doom could be transformed in a deadly giant snake but he did not change himself ? Why?

-  Subotai had no more arrow but two riders tumbled down frightened by this...or something else ?

- When Subotaï was in danger he appeared  and killed the enemy.

- The sword of the Conan's father broke ...but it was made by a guy that knew the riddle of steel? How it was possible? 

... too much Strange things occured and Crom never helps people this is Wellington known...

I think Akiro is more active than we believed with his wizardy...

Only one thing did not occur...Why the Skeleton army of the mounds did not get started and killed the riders of doom ? 

Maybe Akiro thought it would have been too easy to win like this and spirits of the spot would not have enjoyed such show ?:wink:

Or maybe the skeletons army got started and killed the last riders but this occured outside the camera ! :dwarf: 

Or maybe finally he was only a poor old man and he was not the true hero of the battle that I would like he was!:sorcerer:

so if Akiro is not played as a hero, at least let's give him lots of spells.! :dwarf:

Edited by Florentin
  • Like 1

28 minutes ago, Stonewolf said:

I was going to create the orgy room scenario before ever we started to work on the full movie.

If I don't find better for the masked pot stirrers I'm going to use The Colosse by Sygill forge, love that figure

I understand you...I put it often in my basket on the Sygill Site...but before the end I removed it...until now  but maybe you're going to give me the excuse to buy it !  :sorcerer:

• Like 3

I'll take the time to add 'likes' to all these posts later. For now, I just want to say that you all are doing some awesome work here! I love the Conan films. 'Barbarian' because it's still the best low-fantasy film ever made, and a film entirely worthy of its' source material (even if it's not exactly accurate). 'Destroyer' because it thrilled me as a child, and is actually about as close to a live-action version of the Thomas/Buchema era Marvel comics as a fan could hope for.

Keep up the great work!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 3

I have been working on this with @Arthadan for many months, now I can share it with you even if it is not fully finished!

It is enough to allow us to write the specific rules by beginning to launch soon "home playtests" !

First attempt for the Map of the "Battle of the Mounds"

Any comments or update of the map are welcome !

Share them with us !!!

20170917_205715_1.jpg

20170917_211016_3.jpg

20170917_211202_5.jpg

20170917_211334_6.jpg

20170917_211334_7.jpg

20170917_211355_10.jpg

20170917_212719_11.jpg

20170917_214213_12.jpg

20170917_214230_13.jpg

20170917_214337_14.jpg

20170917_214420_15_1.jpg

20170917_214442_16.jpg

20170917_214503_17.jpg

20170917_214517_18.jpg

20170917_214556_19.jpg

20170917_214610_20.jpg

20170917_214626_21.jpg

20170917_214709_22.jpg

20170917_214736_23.jpg

20170917_214806_24.jpg

20170917_214901_25.jpg

Edited by Florentin
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 2

I had the chance to meet @Florentin yesterday (a real pleasure!) and take a look at the map and it's amazing!

We're getting closer to a first release!

We still need some tiles:

Rexor: illustration nearly done, stats done.

Fang of Set (feel free to propose another name) : heavy masked warriors from the Mountain of Power (nothing done)

Mounted versions of Thulsa Doom, Rexor, Thorgrim and the soldiers (got screen shoots for TD and R, needed for the rest).

Akiro : got everything, just need my computer to make the tile.

Regarding the map, we need:

- zone division (Florentin already made a proposition for this).

-improve some textures.

And then the scenario itself. I already have quite a few ideas I've been disclosing, we'll have to see if they work out.

I propose to set a deadline to get all this done and deliver a first version of the scenario for playtesting: Christmas 2017.

Keep forging the steel!

img_2710.jpg

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

10 hours ago, Arthadan said:

Fang of Set (feel free to propose another name) : heavy masked warriors from the Mountain of Power (nothing done)

Mounted versions of Thulsa Doom, Rexor, Thorgrim and the soldiers (got screen shoots for TD and R, needed for the rest).

I have a lot of screenshots for the Fangs of Set, taken from the final battle (where they are mounted!), from the Mountain of Doom scenes, and from the final raid sequence; I also have captured a lot of pics for the mounted versions of the requested characters. If you trust me and have patience to wait for the weekend, I think I'll be able to work on them.
Unfortunately (and unexpectedly) I'll be very busy at work in the next 2/3 days, but I'd be pleased to keep on working on this project and give my hand.

@Arthadan I'll also look for better pic of Yasmina by the weekend, as you asked me. Cheers!

• Thanks 1

12 hours ago, Florentin said:

@Xaltotun Thank you! If you have ideas or request feel free to write them purpose is to improve the map !!!

Otherwise enlarging the final dimensions of the map, can we increase also the distance from one monolith to another?
I'd divide the monolith zone, and use penalty movements for the Doom forces, or I'd give movement bonus (thru the monoliths) to the heroes, since they knew and prepared the terrain

• Like 1

All is possible! Just need a hudge amont of additional work! As the actual map took me many months to be created so do not know how much time a double size new one would require ?

To change monoliths size and suppress others, will be for me,  frustrating because monoliths number is near the right number of the ones of the movie... Furthermore, quality of actual monoliths would not be compatible with an increasing of the size: need to find new ones but don't  know where? 

Besides, the problem is to have an efficient tool to generate the map background with the mounds!  Star craft II editor was easy to use but quality of picture is too poor(desert floor and mounds)! Maybe the "unreal engine" would be great but I'm totaly noob with this software ...

Moreover,  at this step of the project, I think small updates at short term could be considered but too hudge should be postponed.

As I told to @Arthadan yesterday evening my purpose is to have a first playable version of the game very soon to test game mecanismes and to begin to have fun! Thus, maybe other people would join the aventure and could help us with software graphical designer skills ?

Then we could work on an improvement phase faster than we could do now! 

Edited by Florentin
  • Like 1