What do people hope for in the 2019 KS?

I never saw that Monolith mention.  Do you have a source - and are you sure you're not talking about Asmodee?  Shame.

(EDIT:  This post from Erwan... Looks good for the Dragon and Black Ones in 2019)

I would have thought that, because the moulds already exist, if these items were in the pledge manager that they could just more or less perfectly manage the quantities produced (if the agreement with Asmodee doesn't preclude it).  From what I hear, a whole lot of people didn't get these things because they expected to be able to get them at retail.  Perhaps there's still that pent up demand?  I agree that there was a whole lot of empty space in those boxes.  I'm certainly not against plain packaging for these small add-ons, myself.

I'd be loath to purchase the lot just to obtain the one that I'm missing, given that I'm happily (well, satisfactorily) substituting another mini for the dragon now.

I guess we'll see 🙂

Edited by LarsonMcCade
Citing Erwan's post

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

I would really like a new version of King Conan. Yes, I know we already have a lot of Conan versions, two of them as a king: Amra (wich should have been a better name for a pirate Conan, maybe the one in the Brom box) and Parente's King Conan... but the two of them are on the small size of the scale for my taste.

I barely played the Age of Conan MMORPG, but there are two things from that game that I always liked: the music (I bought the CD just to listen to it while painting the miniatures) ant the art/designs (a lot of them were wisely used by Monolith), and the King Conan from the videogame (similar to the one from the failes Rise of Monsters game) will be nice to have in miniature form (it doesn't even need rules, we can use it to substitute other versions). Maybe it could even apear in a little Age of Conan collaboration/Aquilonian expansion, with a proper Zenobia, a new version of Pallantides and the Black Dragons (one with the roman style usualy seen in the comics, even if is not really what Howard meant, other deviations were already made by Monolith, and it will just be an alternative version), or even Keaira from the same videogame (more female heroes should be nice).

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I know this is a little late, but I would love to have a tray or frame that fits over the hero dashboards to help keep the gems in their respective locations.

To clarify, the hero cards have gems placed that can easily be moved or displaced (especially if the cards have been laminated). A 3D frame that the character cards could slide into would help keep all the printed information visible, and allow you to swap out different sheets for different scenarios while keeping gems separate.

If the frames boarders also run along the boarders of the gem pools, it would separate the gem pools and help keep the gems more organized during play. Not to mention more resistant to to sudden fits of crom rage.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Yogertlord said:

I know this is a little late, but I would love to have a tray or frame that fits over the hero dashboards to help keep the gems in their respective locations.

To clarify, the hero cards have gems placed that can easily be moved or displaced (especially if the cards have been laminated). A 3D frame that the character cards could slide into would help keep all the printed information visible, and allow you to swap out different sheets for different scenarios while keeping gems separate.

If the frames boarders also run along the boarders of the gem pools, it would separate the gem pools and help keep the gems more organized during play. Not to mention more resistant to to sudden fits of crom rage.

You might want to take a look at this: http://18.222.237.5/product/player-overlay-compatible-with-conan/

He also makes one for spellcards and gems

• Thanks 1

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
On ‎11‎/‎2‎/‎2018 at 5:56 AM, Yogertlord said:

There is someone selling these on etsy

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I'd like to see more:

Maps
Scenarios, especially with some of the less used, more exclusive miniatures.
Heroic level human enemy fighters - as our group is getting exhausted killing wizards and monsters all the time.
Maps
Map tiles
Map tile add-ons (2d & 3d scenery elements)

Also would like to see:
And Skelios vs Skelios 2 player rules. Similar to a table top skirmish game with a war-band building points system. I've done some work on ranking contestants, weapons, armour...

Monolith_Conan_The skirmish game.xlsx

Edited by Lone Pathfinder
  • Like 2

22 hours ago, Lone Pathfinder said:

I'd like to see more:

Maps
Scenarios, especially with some of the less used, more exclusive miniatures.
Heroic level human enemy fighters - as our group is getting exhausted killing wizards and monsters all the time.
Maps
Map tiles
Map tile add-ons (2d & 3d scenery elements)

Also would like to see:
And Skelios vs Skelios 2 player rules. Similar to a table top skirmish game with a war-band building points system. I've done some work on ranking contestants, weapons, armour...

Monolith_Conan_The skirmish game.xlsx

I have to agree with Lone Pathfinder, especially on the maps and map tiles!

• Like 1

• 3 months later...

I've seen this mentioned elsewhere and think it is an excellent idea. The new Kickstarter should include an upgrade pledge that enables anybody (especially retail purchasers) to upgrade to a full Kings Pledge. 

Personally, I would like to see the items from the first campaign that I missed also being made available:

- Black Ones

- Dragon

- Guest Boxes

- Scenery

Like many others I assumed that non ks exclusive expansions would be made available at retail. 

With regards to new stuff, much of what has already been discussed in this thread would be great. Creating balanced new scenarios is time consuming so having many more official scenarios is essential. My preferences:

- Big box expansions with new boards (wilderness boards, temple etc). The ability to combine boards makes for interesting gameplay. 

- Overlord vs Overlord play mode

- New campaign book with similar format to last (my group really enjoyed Devil...) 

- Additional scenery elements 

I would just be happy to see some of the love and attention returned to Conan!  But...I would love to see another mode/level of gameplay that augments the very tactical system we already have.  An adventure mode that plays along a larger/ regional map.  Something that allows for ongoing campaign play or a strategic component akin to the levels of play in LotR Journeys in Middle Earth, Folklore, or Midarra...  Ambitious, but awesome.

I would love to see an actual solo play expansion along with some of the other great ideas some people have already had. Would also like to be able to get the Brom box and Book of set again for a sensible price and have some more scenery pieces for the various boards.

cant wait to see more of what Monolith have got planned.

• Like 1

I want mounted units. And for those mounted units you also need a big map to move around. What about a huge map like a battlefield?

It would be cool to have that mechanic of conecting two maps again.

It would be great to have spear units with the reach ability to fight against those mounted units. A war chariot to put the units on it, for those sorcerrers to ride into battle.

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...

I missed the original Kickstarter and am having great trouble obtaining the King pledge game which seems to be the one to have with the new scenarios showing up in the Sourcebook. Here in the UK very few show on ebay and when they do they are either going for silly money or are snapped up quickly. So with that said I would love to see all existing material (King pledge, the three big expansions and smaller ones too) reprinted as soon as possible, or maybe offered as add-ons on the 2020 Kickstarter. I'm certain that with so few reprints being done in the last few years and with the popularity of the game increasing, that a full reprint would be in Monolith's interest to get as many players onboard, especially as they will be expanding the game next year. I for one wouldn't be able to take part in the next Kickstarter if I don't have access to the main game! Regarding new material. I think all of my favourites have already been mentioned, but maybe an expansion for each kingdom similar to the Khitai, Nordheim and Stygia ones that have already been done. This would give access to new characters and make use of Conan's different occupations, (Thief, Mercenary, Pirate etc.) tying up with the books that have been produced by Modiphius. Lastly, any chance Monolith have permission to use characters from the Marvel/Dark Horse comics or are they just limited to the REH stories? I'm finished now, but please think of all us players who still don't have access to the original game and miniatures. I'd love to join in the fun!

Edited by Fanglemane
  • Like 2

• 1 month later...

Extras for the Nordheim box so that we don't have to play with proxies anymore:

• Vanir Primitives
  • Vanir Zombies
  • Aesir Zombies
  • Wolves

Extra scenarios for each of the three big box expansions: Nordehim, Stygia, and Khitai. Love the map boards from those expansions, but there are only a small number of scenarios. Maybe a few extra miniatures for each of them as well.

• Like 1

• 2 months later...
16 hours ago, LarsonMcCade said:

Forums here seem pretty dead, but it looks like this isn’t the campaign for us to obtain the few missing items... unless they also plan on offering those particular items in the pledge manager.

That's the impression I have been getting, however the minis will be included in the faction boxes, just won't include cards or tiles for the Adventure mode. We haven't seen the content of the Legacy box as yet so I am hoping they may be included in that, but not holding my breath.

I don't know if this has been discussed, but if looks like kits will be available for the monster boxes. Being an all-in MBP backer, I already have the minis, but I will probably go this route so I can write Adventure Mode campaigns using some of these monsters. 

image.thumb.png.8c6ffcf0d052240fe1431ff6c5405eb7.png

• Like 2