Online scenario editor

tet2brick

Hi everyone!

If you don't know it already there's an online scenario editor available here :

https://www.conan-scenarios.com/index.php?&lang=en

Where you can create, edit and publish conan scenarios and get them in pdf files formated in Monolith style.

The site is in french and english

If you have questions, critics, demands, just ask :)

And especially if you find some mistakes in the english version of the site, as you can deduce from this post, I'm not a native speaker. :p 

Have fun! :)

• Like 2
  • Thanks 4

• SentMa pinned this topic
On 8/25/2017 at 4:04 PM, Occudai Bahadur said:

This is an excellent edition.  I will be featuring this on my youtube channel (For what it is worth!)

Thank you! If you do it, post the link here :) 

On 8/25/2017 at 7:35 PM, Crom said:

I hadn't checked this in a while.  It's looking great!  Is there any possibility of being able to add the Modiphius tiles?

I'll look if I can and (in a copyright point of view and in a "I don't have the digital file of this map" point of view) I come back to you on this :D

On 8/26/2017 at 6:54 AM, Footballzs said:

The French version of this site has been doing some amazing work, the scenario editor in particular.

Thank you :)

On 8/25/2017 at 11:06 AM, Mirrorshade said:

This is excellent, actually my scenarios are handwritten on a poorly drawn map on A4 sheets :P

The old way, the best way :D 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, tet2brick said:

I'll look if I can and (in a copyright point of view and in a "I don't have the digital file of this map" point of view) I come back to you on this :D

Maybe ask @Matt John S about this, as he's not only the mod for the English Overlord, but he wrote the Modiphius crossover book.  He might be able to talk to the right people about both issues.

Kris McDermott has run a couple of Kickstarters for digital maps at least one of which included maps with zones and intended to support this game. While the maps are digital only and not sized particularly well for printing, they might be worth adding as well. The additional maps and new terrain types might spark some ideas in our community which might drive some sales for him.   I'll reach out to Kris and see what he thinks.

OK, now that I have the OK from Gaming Tiles Warehouse to add the Meanders maps to the Scenario editor - who do I need to get a hold of and more importantly how? There's no contact information at the site. I can whois the domain name and work from that direction, but hopefully someone here can speed things up by letting me know.

• Like 1

On 31/08/2017 at 9:47 PM, Matt John S said:

@Crom and all, As we get closer to the release of the Modiphius book, I'll see what I can do about getting permission to use them there. 

If you can do something I'll be happy to integrate them in the editor :)

I've already contacted them but for now, they say no. :p

On 31/08/2017 at 6:15 PM, GhostShip Blue said:

OK, now that I have the OK from Gaming Tiles Warehouse to add the Meanders maps to the Scenario editor - who do I need to get a hold of and more importantly how? There's no contact information at the site. I can whois the domain name and work from that direction, but hopefully someone here can speed things up by letting me know.

Sorry for the delay, I'll answer your PM right away :)

On 30/08/2017 at 1:37 PM, Footballzs said:

I had a response from someone when I mentioned this to them on Boardgamegeek that the editor only works on Windows. Is that true?

No... it's a website, it work fine on most major browsers on any operating system :)

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Matt John S said:

@tet2brick cool. I'm guessing since the book isn't even out yet, they won't be up for it. As for the tiles, they may not want to release them for free. But if the files are small and not excellent quality, it may not step on their toes and having new scenarios online may actually help sell their tiles. 

Yes the file on the editor, even the ones in the generated pdf will not be of excellent quality if printed in "map size" :)

20 hours ago, craig said:

So there was an editor you could download locally....is the one on longer supported? 

It was not from me but from Genesteal28 a member of the french side of the forum. It's still available there to download : https://the-overlord.com/index.php?/files/category/2-logiciels/

But I don't know if it's still updated.

This editor/planner will really give the game legs for me, and that even if others weren't using it to make me cool new content and publishing it here.

Regarding the downloadable editor which is a really nice piece of work - thanks and kudos to Genesteal28

Last updated May 7th and not quite as complete resources as the online version

Might be missing something but looks like only French cards included (for obvious reasons), easy to recognise what they are of course

Edited by Stonewolf

4 minutes ago, Stonewolf said:

Last updated May 7th and not quite as complete resources as the online version

Might be missing something but looks like only French cards included (for obvious reasons), easy to recognise what they are of course

Hum? I've used the english ones for the tiles and the equipment cards have been translated (maybe badly, by me ^^' ) what cards are in French?

3 minutes ago, tet2brick said:

Hum? I've used the english ones for the tiles and the equipment cards have been translated (maybe badly, by me ^^' ) what cards are in French?

Edited my post to make more sense  tet2, I was responding to the question about the downloadable editor

Edited by Stonewolf

• 3 weeks later...