Yogah of Yag in Stygia

So, as I've been perusing the variety and sources of scenarios I'm finding my combination of components is a difficult one to get a great deal of use out of.

I'm working with the King Pledge, Stygia, Yogah of Yag, and the Xavier Collette Guest Box. Belit and Conan are easy, just swap them out.

Yogah though - he deserves a lot of use but of what I've found so far only Yara's Trap works (OK, yeah, I should have gotten the Kushite Witch Hunters - mortgage, groceries, kids' college tuitions...) with the components I've got..

But Yara gives me some thoughts for Yogah. If Yara learned his initial sorcery in Stygian tombs perhaps there's a sensible story to put together using the Stygia expansion?

Any thoughts from the community on this?

Yogah is an Extraterrestrial with great knowledge.

You still can imagine some Stygian sorcerers know his existence and want to take over this knowledge...Why not fighting Yara to do that (by magic or/and sending some mercenaries) ?

Or an alternative story in wich Yara drag away Yogah in Stygia to accomplish some dark rituals or whatever ...

Edited by Pallantides

I think we need a Tower of the Elephant scenario (probably more than one), with Conan, Taurus and Yogah using the tower map from the Kithai expansion.

And probably this (from Reaper Bones 4 kickstarter, currently in progress):

ce2ce6e934c7ca812f64dff03d9347f1_origina

I have to say Yogah is one of the few miniatures I don't like because he doesn't fit the description ("a head too big for his body", he has quite the opposite), but I like the alien look. Also, I have mixed feelings to have him as a hero, I can't picture him wandering the Hyborian kingdoms, but retreated in a temple.

I agree that a Tower of the Elephant scenario would be awesome.  I really don't like that Reaper mini, though.  I'm fine with the Yogah of Yag from Monolith.  It's one of the best minis in the game!  Remember, too, that it's supposed to be his true form and not the decrepit Yag-Kosha.  The only thing he's missing is wings.

I like the Yogah of Yag miniature as well.

The idea of Yogah being captured by Stygians makes a lot of sense. Use the Stygian dungeon map and start Yogah as a captive and locked behind a door?

My concern with that is Yogah's player won't have anything to do until the other players reach the cell door and unlock it.

One alternative is to start the game with all the players at the cell and they must escape the board to win. Perhaps they need to reach a chest first to recover The Heart of the Elephant and then escape.

That works better from a playability perspective but is, maybe, the not so challenging story.

Another, completely different idea, is to have Yogah lead a group into the Stygian dungeon to recover some artifact or disrupt some Dark Ritual®. This makes some sense given his back story as having lead and mentored humans ages ago.

The Tower of the Elephant would be a good game too. Do Conan and Taurus have to kill Yogah or do all three have to escape?

• Like 1