Spell Card Question

craig

I opened the Stygian expansion and was looking through the spells, it seems that Stone Rain and Physic Strike have an X in the Energy Cost and Exertion Limit....Does that mean they can cast it as many times as they want in a round? For Stone Rain each time they put a gem on the card they get 2 red dice of damage that can not be defended? For Physic Strike ever gem moves all the gems to the fatigue zone for one hero?  I looked through both the Hero and Overlord plus the Stygia Rules and did not find a clarification.

Yes the X means that you have no normal restriction on the card, but if you read the card you see you have some restriction for Stone Rain :

Choose an area X areas away from you with a secret passage or well token.

So the X is equal to the distance you want to cast the spell

with a secret passage or well token. Remove that token and attack that area

So you need a secret passage in the area you cast the spell and you need to remove that secret passage, so you can't cast the spell everywhere and as many times as you want

For Physic strike the only limitation is that X is equal to the distance of the target of the spell.

P.S.: Sry for my english, I try my best

Edited by tony

4 hours ago, tony said:

Yes the X means that you have no normal restriction on the card, but if you read the card you see you have some restriction for Stone Rain :

So the X is equal to the distance you want to cast the spell

So you need a secret passage in the area you cast the spell and you need to remove that secret passage, so you can't cast the spell everywhere and as many times as you want

For Physic strike the only limitation is that X is equal to the distance of the target of the spell.

P.S.: Sry for my english, I try my best

Much better than my French:-(