Cthulhu Wars

Kathulos

We know that Howard was a close correspondence friend with Lovecraft, and that each of them used material from the other in their stories.

But I was wondering if anyone here has tried to stat up the miniatures from the game, Cthulhu Wars, for Conan. Or, have you knowledge of a site where someone has posted their attempts?

• Like 1

That would be very cool!  The latest Cthulh Wars KS (Onslaught 3 ) introduced the "Investigators" figures with new mechanics.  I actually suggested in that KS that we could use Conan and friends as investigators in Cthulhu Wars with maybe using the Primeval Map to make it a little more thematically appropriate.  No one seemed to care, though.  :unsure:

• Like 2

Me too, I run a steampunk rpg game for the wife and have always had an underlying thread of mythos behind the scenes, never needed any major minis as they mostly work through human thralls and avoid any chance of the general public glimpsing anything unexplainable. Trouble is when I finally save enough to grab a copy with the expansions I'll fail to exercise restraint and her plucky band will face Nyarlethotep most days    ;0)

I'm really looking forward to using them for skirmish games tho, some of the most fun I've had in recent years is running supernatural skirmishes. I began with a system that's a patchwork of firefight/skirmish house rules having wargamed for years. I was making it up as I went along but none of them ever realised. It is huge fun but now they know I'm planning to buy Lobotomy and Deep madness they're getting very very scared. There's so much potential in minis and gameboards/aids from the recent glut of horror/SF/fantasy games that contain these great minis, I haven't seen them in the flesh yet but really hope the Dr Who minis are in a useable scale, at least the clockwork robots and the screaming statues..  

I've already ruled out Skynet sending back future altering agents given I hate the minis on offer

The old XCom games led to the central idea, the campain structure and the pattern of adventures. I run tabletop games using boards from Dust Tactics and Zombicide etc, or my tiny range of 28mm tabletop buildings (add a sandpaper carpark and it's surprising how you can fill up the table!). We often start out in the wilderness due to a friend's really good home made Vietnam terrain, switching to game boards when they get into a factory or underground base.

I began with a system that's a patchwork of firefight/skirmish house rules having wargamed for years. I was making it up as I went along but none of them ever realised. It is huge fun but now they know I'm planning to buy Lobotomy and Deep madness they're getting very very scared.

My players each have a persistant large regular force, or a much more highly skilled small special forces team that get tasked to face wildly differing supernatural incursions. Campaign development for individual characters is tailored for each team. They love their guys and the storm of panic fire when they see their first tentacled horror will be "Fire and fury" like Trump has never imagined heh.

Using everything from my son's plastic dinosaurs - I had no idea he had a full drawer of them, to tyranids (bizarrely evolved future species breaking through time rifts to reach the past - straight steal from the Primeval UK TV programme). From psychic teenage gangs to invisible hauntings (no models used all that session just whisps of grey cotton wool on 25mm bases, fire and movement versus sporadic possession and (un)friendly fire).

Edited by Stonewolf
  • Like 1

• 3 weeks later...