Upgrage for 1st Edition?

kostantis

And if you meant the last KS (Book of Set), it's the same edition. When the game was released there were two different pledge levels initially:

- Barbarian (same as retail) :  one big box without any stretch-goals.

- King: the same box with expanded content plus another big box full of stretch goals.

Monolith has released a pack with all you need to play any scenario designed for the King Content using a Barbarian / retail box (using proxy miniatures). You can find the conversion pack in the Download section.

About the 2019 KS we only know for sure it will have an OL vs. OL mode which will be introduced in the upcoming Batman game.

Likely referring to the Claustrophobia relaunch but the answer I'm sure remains exactly what you wrote BigA

My pointless speculation (not familiar enough with the game)  would that it would be a standalone full relaunch with making an upgrade from previous Claustrophobia materials too much work and unfortunately a reducer of new sales volume. That said - two thoughts:

1.The folks that love this game really really really seem to love it (to the point where I'd really like to read up on it with a view to finding a used package out there), if it's that good then buying a new edition would be o good deal of cash but still in fun terms money v.well spent

2.Assuming they support user content publishing here as they are with Conan the community itself would take care of putting 1st edition materials to work for you

Time to go look at what's online.

An obvious way to drum up interest without distracting the M-team from the established project schedule would be for someone to post pdfs of whatever 1stEd materials can be legally made available?

Edit: new here so not sure about posting a url to another company's work even in these circumstances but the basic rules are easily found online for DL and checking out

Edited by Stonewolf

• 3 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Hi guys

Here is the plan about claustrophobia for now:

- no upgrade kit. 

- same size of the tiles as the previous version: There will be more different and bigger miniatures and due to the size of the base, we need the 160x160mm tile size. 

- no more players

image.png.1048929ebcb23bbd10b83a532d9183cd.png

thx to Pascal Quidault about this ;)

Rgds

• Haha 1
  • Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...
7 hours ago, eduguima said:

Hi sorry to hijack the topic, i'm just curious, are the expansions being reprinted too or only the base game?

I think that all expansions will be reprinted during KS, either as Stretch Goals or as Add-ons. I mean, there is no reason not to do this, and it is almost certain that Claustrophobia will be another successful campaign.

However, if you have base game and hope to buy only expansions it will be unlikely because:

1. Normally during KS to get add-ons you need to buy base game (that was the case in all KS I backed)

2. They probably will not be compatible with previous editions (different card backs, different tokens, and probably core rules will be changed)

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Another question I would like to add...

-Is this planned as an  update/re-release of the original game(i.e. same rules but art and miniature updates, remaining relatively small in scope so a  quick turn around)  or are there plans to expand the core of the game to the level of something like the Batman or Conan campaigns(loads of new minis, new expansions, but much longer turn around before delivery)?

While the thought of an expanded Claustrophobia Universe is exciting we likely wouldn't get  the game in our hands until  sometime in 2020. (Yes I'm being impatient and want it now).

What newness can you expect?

There is a new card system for the hero player. They get to collect a card when a certain statistic/ability is used or taken out by damage (I did not catch which it was). These cards have two effects. They can be used for a special action or to change the value of a die.

Also, the Warlord player has a different action board. Less choices but more profound.