Thurian Tome - adventures in the Age of Kull

Primeval

I am working toward creating a scenario and map with Kull against the Serpentmen of the Thurian Age - eventually all will be posted in this thread. I am going to start with my young Kull, Kull of Atlantis. He is essentially the same as the base Conan but with a new skill that is attached as well - Totem Power. Totem Power is heavily based on/inspired by Kull's tiger totem in the comics - when backed by his totem animal things go his way more readily. 

Every hero card I do will have a version with art and a blank one if you wish to add your own art. I also have a version with my proxy miniatures but doubt those are needed by others.

More to come soon!

Kull Of Atlantis 2.png

Kull of Atlantis 3.png

Totem Power Text.jpg

Edited by Primeval
Reserve zone number changed from 12 to 11.
  • Like 7

Next up is Kull The Usurper - this is Kull at the height of his strength, and also with the leadership abilities he gained as leader of Valusia's Black Legions. He is based on the Conan The Warlord hero sheet for stats, but with different skills and the Totem Power that all Kull's will have. The next and final Kull for now, Kull The King, will have 2 new skills that reflect scenes from the story "By This Axe I Rule!".

59b771b6231d6_KullTheUsurper3.thumb.png.3d1b1500481b6d379a57e11cec129264.png

Kull The Usurper 2.png

Edited by Primeval
Better image used for the card with art.
  • Like 5

17 minutes ago, fodderzone said:

This is really awesome. I just got into Conan and haven't even made my way through the base scenarios yet. But I just wanted to say thank you and encourage you to keep developing more content like this.

Thanks for the comment and appreciation! I honestly haven't played all the scenarios for Conan myself, but I have always enjoyed Kull and wanted to at least do some work with him and his time. I am planning on three different scenarios, some equipment cards, villain tiles of course, and some new skills and hero cards still to come!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Arthadan said:

I can try to find a decent color picture of the last interpretation of Brule if you want:

1213129-kull_05_0001.jpg

But I guess you prefer the classic one.

Hi Arthadan - the less said of my opinion of  the Dark Horse Kull (and Brule) the better :)  Thanks for the effort though, its much appreciated! Of course people can use this one in the blank version if they like - to each their own!

• Like 1

I haven't had as much time to create this past week, but I did get Brule's War Spear done. I made it to serve as not only a melee weapon but parrying weapon, as he is often shown doing in the comics. I gave it an encumbrance of 3 to reflect not only its potential weight but need for 2 hands to wield effectively.  I may add "Reach" to the weapon and remove it from Brule - makes no sense for him to have reach if he were to be without his spear.

Brule's War Spear.png

• Like 2

Working a little out of my intended order...here is Nor-Ouk, Pictish Brute. He will serve as the champion of a band of Picts in my first Kull scenario, along with a shaman and some warriors. They have acquired a mirror of Tuzun Thune and mean to lure Kull to his doom by  once again putting him under its enchantment. Also included my miniature for this one.

Nor-Ouk.png

Nor-Ouk2.png

16422870_1620446414649140_618367042215135866_o.jpg

Edited by Primeval
  • Like 3

I made some changes - these are all WIP until I finish and playtest the scenario of course. I took reach from Brule and added it to his spear, makes more sense. I also edited the artwork to add the spear on his hero card. Nor-Ouk got blocking as well, with his size and wielding a spear and axe he would be hard to get past!

BruleTheSpearslayer 2.png

Brule's War Spear.png

Nor-Ouk.png

• Like 3

Still looking for better art but here is Alecto, Captain of the Red Slayers.  I just need one more hero and a tile for Red Slayers, and then I can start on the scenario (not the serpentman one to start though, I have one in mind that is inspired by "The Mirrors of Tuzun Thune"). I will be using the existing Picts (archers and warriors) and also the Warlock. It will also use one of the existing maps.

Alecto 2.png

• Like 2

This is my final hero card for now, Iraina The Tigress. She is from the comics, and is Kull's sister. She isn't really a hero in the comic book story, but I was intrigued by her storyline and decided to work with it here. Her alchemy skill will allow her to transform into a tigress, as she bears the Curse of Ja-Quari and will change thusly on the fullmoon. The elixir she has learned to create through her delvings into alchemy and black magic as taught to her by Ra-mos the Atlantean shaman who raised her allows her to also transform at other times, although she is less powerful in this state. Next will be an equipment card for the elixir. Not much to go after that before I start on the actual scenario!

Iraina.png

• Like 3