Dragon braggin'....

Epaka

Well... a few disclaimers: I don't really like the design of the dragon. The sculpt is well done, in as far as the artist did a nicely detailed and accurate 3D rendering of the artwork which was decided upon for the miniature. But, in my humble opinion, the base design and pose are lacking. First, it doesn't really resemble the description in REH's Red Nails. Second, it doesn't feel like a natural creature of the Earth, much less the Hyborian age. Third, it really doesn't have a menacing or threatening presence. It looks like a dog at play. A smile (?), paws spread out, a downward arched back and raised head. It totally looks like a friendly puppy dog waiting for its' owner to toss a ball during a game of fetch. 

All that said, as a Conan fanatic, I went All-In on this game... and so I got the dragon irregardless.

Here's my kinda' sloppy paint job, again, I'm generally trying to follow the game art with regards to color choices.

Also, I'd love to see what you all did with the mini!

IMG_7390.JPG

• Like 1

Sadly, in my opinion, they used the creature from the Age of Conan MMO for this. I was honestly never a fan of it in game, and frankly saw enough of it in the 2-3 years I lived in that game - I would have preferred something else. I understand using your assets though and why they did it.

That said - nice work on this!

• Like 1