Storage of painted minis

iso250

Hello all. 

When I get my king pledge I’m thinking of painting the minis. I’m also thinking about how to store them. 

People that have painted, how did you store yours? I’ve only painted KD:M before and I stored them in large pluck foam tubs. I’d prefer not to use that method again due to the vast space that took. 

Also, are they hard or soft minis?

Thank you!

For this, I cannot help you, as I'm unsure of what you are meaning by hard or soft plastic. I haven't painted much miniatures during my gaming life, mosly plastic (Heroquest and Battlemasters) and metal miniatures (Confrontation by Rackham) back in the day. I know miniatures can be made of resin too, but the box of Conan states: "plastic miniatures". Sorry I can't be of more help regarding the hardness of the miniatures.

Ah, okay! I don't know Scythe...

I guess these miniatures aren't in hard plastic, then. When I got my King's pledge, some miniatures had bent spears or bent sword (not broken ones). You can bend them by warming/colding them, like I explained on this topic. But I've observed that, over time, they tend to get back to their initial position :unsure: (maybe it's because I didn't unbend them properly, but this isn't the point of your thread).

On 10/15/2017 at 12:27 PM, Not Quite Dead said:

Nope, I haven't, indeed.

If this (from Monolith) is a soft plastic miniature:

DSCN2402.thumb.JPG.b17f9fb46235331bc1cf8c02687bce1c.JPG

And that (from Games Workshop) is a hard plastic miniature:

DSCN2465.thumb.JPG.fa6cda4937474c8a8b7caa5d05271c29.JPG

I can't say I've felt a difference while painting them. You can rest easy. :smile:

Nice, especially the top one!  I love the blood on the swords, too.

Thank you for your help.  You're proof that there are nice people still on the internet!!

• Thanks 1

They are regular board game miniatures. Not hard plastic like Warhammer, but also not as soft and bendy like Mice & Mystics or War of the Ring. Some figures maybe a bit bend but you can use a hairblower to easily reshape them. Some spears and swords are really flimsy but may become a bit sturdier after you painted them and have them a spray of lacquer. 

• Thanks 2