Alas, poor Yorick! (Show your Skuthus!)

I haven't met that fellow in the novels by REH yet. Is he a character added by the comics? Or an invention from Monolith?

59ed1f5ebf38e_20171023Skuthus-OL.thumb.JPG.2844ce650210773973e5dc992f81f307.JPG

Anyway, I really like that miniature. It took me definitively more time to paint it than for my players to kill it, but I enjoyed every bit of it (that is, painting it, not getting it killed, you silly).

What do yours look like?

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Here is the text from the days of the Kickstarter to explain where Skuthus came from (pretty awesome I think):

But... who the heck is that Skuthus fellow? I've never read about any necromancer by that name in the Conan novels! So much for sticking to the myth, ha!
Well, lad, this is where having the (probably) most reknowed expert on the Conan Mythos in your team becomes an asset. Here is where Patrice Louinet's knowledge is at its best.
Shared by Patrice himself on TricTrac : 

Who the heck is Skuthus, you ask... Well, no one is able to answer that answer from reading the books. Because he never appeared in any. Yet he exists. Let me explain : 
Leo : Hi Patrice, I need a necromancer.
Patrice : No worries, just use one.
Leo : Well, there IS an issue. He needs a name.
Patrice: Sorry Leo, but that's a "No". None with a name. Some necromancers are mentioned, but nothing more than this. So, no, there won't be a named necromancer in your game.
Leo : Ooookay... Patrice, buddy... you know I still have that photo? You know, the one on which you...
Patrice : Hold on! Hold on! I might have a way out of this for both of us. No need to take that road... let me check some of Howard's *drafts* for his stories.... Aaaah, theeeere we aaaare!

And This is how I came up with it. Skuthus is a name mentioned in the very first draft of "The hour of the Dragon". That name has never been seen before, because the only people aware of it are (in that order) Howard himself, Glenn Lord (former agent of Howard's heirs), and myself. Those are the only people who've had access to these texts. 
When we tell you we want to stick to Howard's universe, that's not something we pretend. Many ideas have been reworked, refused or what not because of me, that's what I was hired for.
PS : Leo, about those pics....

Edited by Primeval
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 7 months later...
  • 4 months later...