Lotus Compendium

Ok, so I wound up with another idea I want to get started on and would like to have input on - feel free to offer ideas and we can come up with some great creations to use in the game.  

I would like to do a compendium of the various lotus types as potions or ungents or powders or such....possibly requiring a character with alchemy to be able to administer properly. I am going to put the pages from the classic GURPS Conan here to give ideas and we can work on how this might translate to our game!

image.thumb.png.ebb6347de1675bacfceefa6e723d7d73.png

image.thumb.png.64156fe31be4133d3bb94c6b47ab83a0.png

I would also like to include the Emerald Lotus from Conan and the Emerald Lotus.

Edited by Primeval
  • Like 2

On 19/11/2017 at 10:37 AM, Primeval said:

The Emerald Lotus in the book enhances magical powers but is also highly addictive, so perhaps it offer a bonus on spellcasting - fewer gems to cast or perhaps a bonus die for spells requiring rolls? Not sure the addictive part really matters in a scenario based game though.

The addiction part could be represented as a loss of focus. The hero move one gem from his reserve zone to his fatigue zone at the start of his turn during X turns after consuming the lotus.

Or perhaps he must consume the lotus every X turns (perform a simple manipulation action, as long as he has enough doses on him) and if he does not, then he suffers the gem penalty.

• 1 year later...