Conan 2019 : choose the new expansions.

SentMa

The new expansions :  

626 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I know it isn't planned for this nor for Batman but yeah, a generic solo/coop mode for this wonderful game system would be really awesome... I'll keep asking for it, so I hope somebody somewhere (preferably a Mr F. H.) is working on it 👍😎😁

Je sais que ce n' est prévu ni pour ceci ni pour Batman, mais un mode solo/coop serait absolument et totalement génial... Le système inventé par Mr H. est sans doute un des tout meilleurs pr ce genre de jeux, alors j espère que lui (de préférence) et/ou d autres sont en train de bosser sur ça !😁😊 En tout cas je vais continuer à le réclamer, jusqu' à ce qu il voit le jour (ou que j ai le temps d en créer un mais j ai peur de mon manque de talent comparativement.... 😢😊😓)

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Tefen said:

I know it isn't planned for this nor for Batman but yeah, a generic solo/coop mode for this wonderful game system would be really awesome... I'll keep asking for it, so I hope somebody somewhere (preferably a Mr F. H.) is working on it 👍😎😁

Je sais que ce n' est prévu ni pour ceci ni pour Batman, mais un mode solo/coop serait absolument et totalement génial... Le système inventé par Mr H. est sans doute un des tout meilleurs pr ce genre de jeux, alors j espère que lui (de préférence) et/ou d autres sont en train de bosser sur ça !😁😊 En tout cas je vais continuer à le réclamer, jusqu' à ce qu il voit le jour (ou que j ai le temps d en créer un mais j ai peur de mon manque de talent comparativement.... 😢😊😓)

Monolith has said they are not working on new systems for Conan, but there IS a solo/coop ruleset coming for this game in the Modiphius/Monolith game, written by the mighty Matt John.

• Like 1

Yes I know, but as I understand it, those rules will be the rpg ones, not derived from the boardgame ones... I'll have to read them to know what they're doing because as of now it is rather hard to tell, we don't have many informations... I'll quote here some of the infos that we have : 

"this guide presents the Conan 2d20 roleplaying game rules to utilize the amazing creatures and character miniatures from the boardgame with 10 new scenarios for the board game and a full roleplaying adventure set along the Black Coast."

Pretty sure Matt has said he is doing these rules for the boardgame, and has had people playtesting them - I playtested some of the scenarios but not the solo/coop rules; they are buried in my emails somewhere.

Found a link on Facebook:

https://www.facebook.com/groups/416593401791353/permalink/1222890531161632/

Edited by Primeval

@Tefen, @Primeval is correct, my solo rules campaign features 8 scenarios in a campaign where you accumulate gear and other elements of progression and use a the board game rules and does not require a player controlled Overlord.  It's gone over well in playtests and should hopefully be available in a few months. The book is currently in editing. 

• Like 7
  • Thanks 2

I personally hope that we don't get the Thurian Age included in Conan. As seen in the poll there is a lot of settings directly connected to Conan that we haven't explored yet.  Getting Conan expansions related to Kull and co. would just seem like mixing IPs.

I'm most excited for Hyborian kingdoms (Nemedia, Koth, Ophir) or Kush or a Red Nails expansion. Although I don't remember any "weird humanoid creatures" in the Red Nails story like is mentioned in the poll. 

• Like 2

30 minutes ago, thrainn said:

would just seem like mixing IPs

Howard himself did that with Bran Mak Morn (See "Kings of the Night"). It is, after all, one big cosmos, no matter who currently claims "legal rights" to any parts.

Also, I see no reason not to "explore" the past, in addition to new regions of the hyborian age. Modiphius is doing that with the Pen&Paper RPG, why should Monolith explicitly NOT do that?

Excellent idea to let us vote on potential future offerings, thank you!!!

I'm already "ALL-IN" for the next Conan Kickstarter :)

I second the reprints of the Black Ones and the Dragon...so unfortunate they didn't go to retail :(

CULTISTS!!! - One the the things I'd like to see in the next version is cultists...just like we got a heap of Guards, Pirates, Undead in the main box of the 2015 KS, with which we can create a load of home brew scenarios, I would LOVE to see some generic cultists in robes, and a cult leader. You could create so many cool scenarios with cultists, like the Thulsa Doom Arnie movie, but also some of the adventures from the various comic series.

Some more temple and tomb maps...perhaps done in a way they you can connect them together to make extra large maps if you chose to...

• Like 3

5 hours ago, thrainn said:

Although I don't remember any "weird humanoid creatures" in the Red Nails story like is mentioned in the poll. 

This is my fault, as I translated loosely SentMa's post into English.

I was thinking of the following excerpts, but my phrasing is probably an exageration:

The man in no way resembled the figures depicted on the friezes. He was slightly above middle height, very dark, though not Negroid. He was naked but for a scanty silk clout that only partly covered his muscular hips, and a leather girdle, a hand's breadth broad, about his lean waist. His long black hair hung in lank strands about his shoulders, giving him a wild appearance. He was gaunt, but knots and cords of muscles stood out on his arms and legs, without that fleshy padding that presents a pleasing symmetry of contour. He was built with an economy that was almost repellent.

Yet it was not so much his physical appearance as his attitude that impressed the woman who watched him. He slunk along, stooped in a semi-crouch, his head turning from side to side. He grasped a wide-tipped blade in his right hand and she saw it shake with the intensity of the emotion that gripped him. He was afraid, trembling in the grip of some dire terror. When he turned his head she caught the blaze of wild eyes among the lank strands of black hair.

Framed in the door to the left of the dais stood a nightmare figure. It was a man, with a tangle of white hair and a matted white beard that fell over his breast. Rags only partly covered his gaunt frame, revealing half-naked limbs strangely unnatural in appearance. The skin was not like that of a normal human. There was a suggestion of scaliness about it, as if the owner had dwelt long under conditions almost antithetical to those conditions under which human life ordinarily thrives. And there was nothing at all human about the eyes that blazed from the tangle of white hair. They were great gleaming disks that started unwinkingly, luminous, whitish, and without a hint of normal emotion or sanity. The mouth gaped, but no coherent words issued—only a high-pitched tittering.

And I guess I had in thought another novel by REH with a similar background, The Jewels of Gwahlur, where the Oracle Temple is inhabited by the necrophagous man-eating Servants of Bit-Yakin.

Edited by Not Quite Dead

• SentMa pinned this topic

Personal preference would be an expansion all centered around King Conan in Aquilonia

Stories like The Phoenix on the SwordScarlet Citadel and The Hour of the Dragon are some of the best.  Some great minis would be Zenobia,  Xaltotun, the monster summoned by Thoth-Amon and The "bat-like creature" summonded by Pelias you could ride or command.   Maps could be Conan's Castle with bed chamber and a half Aquilonia half restored Acheron.

• Like 3

@Odolontres, I'm not sure which scenarios you're referring to. I have yet to encounter one I thought was grossly unbalanced. I have, however, encountered a few people who didn't truly grasp Overlord's play style. The only unbalanced thing I would say is the fact that the Overlord player must be more careful with his strategy and make fewer mistakes. 

I tried to make Kull happen. I'll keep trying. @ARIAKAS,

• Like 3