The Robert E. Howard Guide

Pallantides

Coming soon from Skelos Press!

24993215_10155931902964784_6268864422226884718_n.thumb.jpg.67ffeb488700f4b26be35a0517130f73.jpg

THE ROBERT E. HOWARD GUIDE by Patrice Louinet -- the English translation of the award-winning book that introduced a new generation of French fans to the father of sword and sorcery.

The Robert E. Howard Guide was born out of years of scholarship, but took its final form after answering the same questions from fans over and over again. In many ways, Howard remains a “famous unknown writer," the man who single-handedly defined modern fantasy, but whose life and works are still known mostly filtered through adaptations, pastiches and gross approximations. Because of those specificities, he is more often than not known for what and who he *wasn’t*, for sentences he never wrote, or for characters who bear little resemblance – if any – to his original creations. This, in turn, explains how and why this book was conceived. It is sometimes amusing, sometimes sarcastic, but, built on 30 years of Howard scholarship, it is always insightful. A serious work... that tries not to take itself too seriously.

• Like 3

@Pallantides I'm super excited about this. I was hoping this book would be translated into English since I first saw it in French. I'd also recommend everyone checkout the 3 issues of Skelos: The Journal of Weird Fiction and Dark Fantasy. It's put together by 3 Howard scholars and each issue is teeming with fiction, art, criticism, and reviews. Great stuff. Besides, issue one includes a story by yours truly and also a previously unpublished piece by some guy named Robert E. Howard. 

• Like 2