Kickstarter, go for it !

• SentMa pinned this topic
  • 4 weeks later...

I'm interested, but I will not be backing it. I'm still trying to complete my Conan and Mythic Battles collections. I also try to follow two core rules in purchasing games (retail and/or kickstarter) 1. don't buy re-skinned games or too many that focus on 1 type of game mechanic unless it is a continuation of a series, expansion, etc, and 2. Don't buy a game if someone else in my game group is going to purchase. Sadly this hits both, its a re-skinned Conan, and my good buddy is also backing it.

• Like 1

On 1/18/2018 at 3:38 PM, LordToastButter said:

I'm interested, but I will not be backing it...

I've heard this won't be going to retail and it is ONLY being offered on this upcoming Kickstarter, so you may want to re-think that strategy. Since I never got into Conan growing up or now, I really didn't care about that Kickstarter even though it looked pretty. But Batman is a different story for me, all over this one.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi, I backed Conan and Mythic Battles and I am looking forward to Batman.  I just have 1 concern.

I hope they fix the most annoying thing about the Conan system, fixed heroes and fixed equipment based on the scenario.  I hate that.  Other than that, the Conan system is great and is really fun.  The Batman theme is a perfect fit for the Conan system.

I just hate that they add all these extra characters, which is great, but you either have to make up your own scenarios for them or play the one mission that uses them. Being able to switch up heroes adds to the replayability of missions and players aren't stuck with a character they do not like.  Starting equipment  be can be handled in many ways to maintain balance.  a point system or even just offering a few starting equipment lists and the player picks one would work.

I find the current Conan method of fixed heroes and fixed equipment so annoying that it would be a showstopper for me if that is how it works in Batman.  Otherwise, I am all in.

Exactly !
There will be choices among the team you will play with (each player will have to chose a hero among two or three), every hero from the bat-family will have a certain amount of "bat-gadget points" in their bat-belt. So you'll be able to chose your own equipment, even if some heroes will have equipment cards given by the scenario.

Moreover, no more characters not used in the scenarios, every one of them will be included :)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 8 months later...