Community Generated Campaign

Matt John S

3 hours ago, Neil Amswych said:

Well, that took a long time to rewrite!!! I've learned my lesson now and will regularly save.

It's late now and I want to be up for a lunar eclipse in a few hours, so here's the first draft so you can get the sense of where I'm going with this.

https://www.conan-scenarios.com/pdf/1090.pdf?rand=88683294

I like the idea of the medallion - I will rework my idea for shards from the idol to not be redundant with this.

5 hours ago, Neil Amswych said:

Okay, I don't know what to do. I just spent over 90 minutes preparing my scenario and it didn't save and now I've lost it. I'm slowly putting it back together again but it seems that there's a glitch so that it doesn't always allow the option of saving. Anyway, I'll try to flesh it out again.

Hi,

I'm the webmaster of Conan-scenarios.com, sorry to hear you lose your work.

Can you tell me what do you do exactly and when is the option of saving is not allowed?

The session time is the standard : 30 minutes. But if you're disconnected, it will ask you for your crédentials before saving.

I've just tested to disonnect my session before saving and the editor ask for my credential, then save correctly so I'm a little puzzled of how the glitch happend. 

Thanks for your help :)

• Like 1

6 hours ago, tet2brick said:

Hi,

I'm the webmaster of Conan-scenarios.com, sorry to hear you lose your work.

Can you tell me what do you do exactly and when is the option of saving is not allowed?

The session time is the standard : 30 minutes. But if you're disconnected, it will ask you for your crédentials before saving.

I've just tested to disonnect my session before saving and the editor ask for my credential, then save correctly so I'm a little puzzled of how the glitch happend. 

Thanks for your help :)

Firstly, thanks for your amazing website.

It seemed to start with the Javelin Throwers. Once I added them it refused to save. But then it cleared up. Certainly, the first time I went for way too long and must have exceeded my session length before saving. But the other times it sometimes didn't save. After talking with my wife, it may not be an issue with your site and may be our crappy internet connection.

Thanks

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Primeval said:

I like the idea of the medallion - I will rework my idea for shards from the idol to not be redundant with this.

Actually, I've realised that there isn't a medallion card. I'd rather use something that has a card so that they can physically hold it. Now that I'm at work I don't have access to all the cards. Can anyone say what's available?

@Neil Amswych

The Stygian Artifact card may work. (FYI it weighs 2) I am using it mine to represent a Pendant that Hadrathus has to collect on his way out of the Tower, but it has no bearing on the Campaign overall.

And there are 3 Amulet Fragment cards in Nordheim. Not sure if those are being used.

Edited by drmauric
  • Like 2

6 hours ago, drmauric said:

@Neil Amswych

The Stygian Artifact card may work. (FYI it weighs 2) I am using it mine to represent a Pendant that Hadrathus has to collect on his way out of the Tower, but it has no bearing on the Campaign overall.

And there are 3 Amulet Fragment cards in Nordheim. Not sure if those are being used.

I was going to use those for my scenario and have Matt take it from there with them - but they would be redundant with Neil's idea so going to remove them from mine. Maybe the Medallion is broken and in shards, so more than one hero can have them to fight the demon?

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, Neil Amswych said:

Mine really doesn’t have to be an amulet at all. I don’t want t to negatively impact other scenarios. The point is that they have two objectives and have to work out if they go for 2-0 or settle for 1-1. It could be anything in the shrine.

Not hurting mine at all, the Idol is the focus for me so I would rather see you develop your idea and go with it!

• Like 1

I still need to revisit my previous scenario (The Streets of Khemi) based on the new variables (Atali, bonus gems, spellbook, etc.), but I worked out a rough draft of Scenario 5b. This has NOT been playtested and could be wildly out of balance, but I wanted to give everyone a feel for the direction I was going.

The idea behind it is that Yogah of Yag is leading Stygian forces in conquest to Aquilonia. Conan has led a might force to stop them, but lost in a massive battle. Thinking he is the last survivor, he prepares to storm a fort held by the Stygian army in the hope to slay Thoth Amon and Yogah in one last desperate attempt. He doesn't know, however, that three of his most trusted allies also survived and are sneaking into the fort via the catacombs beneath it. Thoth knows of the their presence, however. He has filled the lowest level of the catacombs with scorpions and pet demon and the upper level with his best soldiers, all tasked with keeping Conan's allies at bay until Conan falls into Thoth Amon's trap. 

Here is what we have in the works so far:

Scenario 1 - The Time for Flight is Nigh

Scenario 2 - Fight or Flight

Scenario 3 - The Fate of Yag-Kosha

Scenario 4 - Unnamed

Scenario 5a - The Streets of Khemi (if heroes win scenario 3)

Scenario 5b - The Trap (if Overlord wins scenario 3)

5b The Trap.pdf

Edited by Ken
Updated PDF with Footballz findings
  • Like 3

@Ken this look great and I really like how you've used the two maps.

A couple of observations. In the event you refer to Aesir and Vanir Zombies. Did you actually mean Giant Scorpions?

Also you show Yogah as one of the playable heroes but he is an OL controlled character.

I am really looking forward to seeing the final campaign, great work everyone.

Edited by Footballzs
  • Like 2

Playtesting for "Fight or Flight?" begins this week. I’m thinking of changing it so the OL gets two Dark Demon tiles just to make it even more terrifying.

I've just spotted that the conan-scenarios site doesn't have the tile for the amazing Crossbowmen - 2 0 red reroll (3 points to reinforce). Can that be added, please?

Edited by Neil Amswych
  • Like 1

WOAH. Inversion is an amazing spell. Yogah can move forward, kill stuff, and then use Inversion to switch places with someone so that they can move and then kill more stuff. On this map, it means that Yogah can kill the first two Javelin Thowers, then switch places with Shentu who runs in to attack the others in the shrine. Yikes. 

Fight or Flight 01.jpg

On 1/20/2018 at 2:25 PM, Matt John S said:

received_10155746339461084.jpeg

@Neil Amswych FYI Matt posted this back on Jan 20. It is a picture of the retail available spells. Inversion is a stretch goal. Sorry. Maybe Teleportation could work instead?

And as far as the second dot:  it is just indicating Line of Sight from different directions. Around the corners of that center building. Making that space easier for ranged attacks to hit. There is a similar area on the Nordheim hill map.

As far as killing the Dark Demon, I think it's ok, narratively speaking the Heroes simply "drive it off". Similar to a Hero dying in a previous scenario. It turns into a "narrow escape" or they were "knocked unconscious" for the purposes of the campaign. Players will have to use their imagination. :) Besides I thonk at some point some of the other guys are "evolving" it to the Outer Dark Demon.

EDIT: There is a place under "Home Made Unofficial Scenarios" where you can make requests for the Scenario Editor, under Tools. You can ask for the Crossbowmen tile to be added there.

Edited by drmauric
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, drmauric said:

@Neil Amswych FYI Matt posted this back on Jan 20. It is a picture of the retail available spells. Inversion is a stretch goal. Sorry. Maybe Teleportation could work instead?

And as far as the second dot:  it is just indicating Line of Sight from different directions. Around the corners of that center building. Making that space easier for ranged attacks to hit. There is a similar area on the Nordheim hill map.

As far as killing the Dark Demon, I think it's ok, narratively speaking the Heroes simply "drive it off". Similar to a Hero dying in a previous scenario. It turns into a "narrow escape" or they were "knocked unconscious" for the purposes of the campaign. Players will have to use their imagination. :) Besides I thonk at some point some of the other guys are "evolving" it to the Outer Dark Demon.

EDIT: There is a place under "Home Made Unofficial Scenarios" where you can make requests for the Scenario Editor, under Tools. You can ask for the Crossbowmen tile to be added there.

@Neil Amswych, everything @drmauric said is correct. No Inversion possible, I'm afraid. And yes, kill the demon. It'll just come back. I'm making the switch to the Outer Dark Demon on mine for scenario 4. @Ken, not sure if that affects what you're doing but it shouldn't. Speaking of Ken, I'm digging all your ideas. Everything is sounding great, fellas. We'll just have to do minor tweaks to the flavor text to make sure the story flows seamlessly. Assuming we even need to make changes at all. 

My scenario is just about done. The last two games we played were incredibly close, one side won due to one final move and draining their gems. Can't beat that, right? This one will have good replay value as there are a few different approaches to winning, especially for the Overlord. I'll test again this week, finish writing it out and then pop it up for tests. 

For now, I'll just give you any pertinent details: 

Thoth is an immortal tile. You wound him, he comes back. He's a powerhouse and it very much feels like he's as potent as a hero. He sprays lighting all over everything.  

Outer Dark Demon debuts. 

I use Dan's spellbook. 

I didn't use any carryover elements other than the spell book, but could implement any you guys think I need. 

I think it's going to be a Dream sequence...

That's about it. 

• Like 2

Don’t know how I missed Inversion not being legal. I’ll change that out, sorry.

There may be a challenge if the Dark Demon gets to the exit area because if it’s a blocker then they can’t leave that space until it’s defeated. I guess defeating it could mean it just disappears to return another day but it would be cooler if it were so terrifying that they run for their lives instead of fighting. I’ll see.

1 hour ago, Neil Amswych said:

There may be a challenge if the Dark Demon gets to the exit area because if it’s a blocker then they can’t leave that space until it’s defeated. I guess defeating it could mean it just disappears to return another day but it would be cooler if it were so terrifying that they run for their lives instead of fighting. I’ll see.

Running from a creature with Blocking is tricky.  That is why I switched to the Evil Hound from Khitai (no Blocking) and made it impossible to harm the Evil Hound. No choice but to run!