Community Generated Campaign

Matt John S

3 hours ago, Ken said:

@Matt John S @Primeval @Neil Amswych  @drmauric 

I was brainstorming our launch plan once this is finished. What do you all think of the following?

1. Create a new thread here on the-overlord.net with a title announcing the completed book.

2. A thread on Board Game Geek pointing to the-overlord.net thread.

3. A thread on the on the-overlord.com pointing to the-overlord.net thread.

4. A post on the Facebook Conan group. I think we should lead with the cover image to grab attention and point to the-overlord.net thread.

5. A duplicate post on the Monolith Conan Facebook group. There is probably a lot of crossover in terms of membership, but it still is worthwhile. 

6. A duplicate post on the Facebook Miniatures A-Z group. Again, probably some crossover but well worth it.

7. Remove links in our development and testing threads to the campaign book and individual scenarios.  

8. Perhaps we could make a note at the top of these other threads indicating the project is done and provide a link to the new, finalized thread.

Note: This is to prevent version control issues. Nothing can be done about already downloaded files, but we want newcomers to only have access to the final, approved version.

That's it. I'm out of ideas, but open to additional thoughts.

Sounds good - I got a little ahead of things when I saw Matt's post in the Conan gaming group and linked on Barbaric Splendor but will fix the link with the final product.

• Like 1

On 9/21/2018 at 10:32 AM, Ken said:

@Matt John S @Primeval @Neil Amswych  @drmauric 

I was brainstorming our launch plan once this is finished. What do you all think of the following?

1. Create a new thread here on the-overlord.net with a title announcing the completed book.

2. A thread on Board Game Geek pointing to the-overlord.net thread.

3. A thread on the on the-overlord.com pointing to the-overlord.net thread.

4. A post on the Facebook Conan group. I think we should lead with the cover image to grab attention and point to the-overlord.net thread.

5. A duplicate post on the Monolith Conan Facebook group. There is probably a lot of crossover in terms of membership, but it still is worthwhile. 

6. A duplicate post on the Facebook Miniatures A-Z group. Again, probably some crossover but well worth it.

7. Remove links in our development and testing threads to the campaign book and individual scenarios.  

8. Perhaps we could make a note at the top of these other threads indicating the project is done and provide a link to the new, finalized thread.

Note: This is to prevent version control issues. Nothing can be done about already downloaded files, but we want newcomers to only have access to the final, approved version.

That's it. I'm out of ideas, but open to additional thoughts.

Yup, sounds great to me. Once we're done, I'll see that it's shared via the official Monolith group as well for max exposure. 

OK, here is the latest and greatest version.

Changes include:

1. Revised version of Dreams of Atali. (Note: Matt, I fixed a typo in the Overlord's Objectives section (thier instead of their) and I tightened up the spacing to eliminate white space. Please check that everything is accurate.)

2. Updated the table to include the reference to Attack and Defense bonuses

3. Fixed the opening sentence of the Carryover Items section

4. Fixed a typo in the Prologue.

I am waiting for Footballz feedback on the Streets of Khemi before I call this thing finished, but we are pretty darn close. I also plan on tacking on a page at the end with the printable cards. I will include enough for each hero to have their own.

Edited by Ken
Removed PDF for version control.
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Ken said:

I am waiting for Footballz feedback on the Streets of Khemi before I call this thing finished, but we are pretty darn close. I also plan on tacking on a page at the end with the printable cards. I will include enough for each hero to have their own.

I am about half way through the scenario. I have had trouble finding the couple of hours or so required to finish this one. But I will get there. I had planned on playing over the weekend but things got in the way. So far it's been interesting. Haven't been able to do much damage (none actually) to either sorcerer as yet, but we'll see.

• Like 2

37 minutes ago, Footballzs said:

One question, I forgot about the bonuses for Victory points🙄 The campaign book does not show the ratio I have. OL has 3 Victory points, the heroes have 2. So I have assumed the bonuses are the same as if it was 2:2.

We revamped the VP rewards. At 3:2, I am pretty sure it is +1 armor for both sides. 

Here are the cards to keep track of the bonuses for review. I'm not an expert with print dimensions, so let's consider this a rough draft until I get to see what they look like printed. I will attach the high quality PDF version to the campaign when we are ready.

1. Do these look good? Did I miss anything?

2. Based on Footballz's feedback, we brainstormed an idea that the VP Bonus could be limited to non-spell damage (see the playtest hub thread for more details). I included that limitation in these cards, but I can easily change it back. If we go this route, I will change the VP section of the rules.

Edited by Ken
Deleted image for version control.
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

@Matt John S @drmauric @Primeval @Neil Amswych

OK, here is the updated PDF of the printable cards: Card Bonus.pdf

I also attached it to the Whispers from Stygia PDF, which is ready to go.

Matt, should I go ahead and create the post in Downloadable Scenarios, or do you want that under you?

Here is a screenshot of what I was thinking:

image.thumb.png.7f114b590a0f092c25e7de7b7680e116.png

• Like 3

On 10/6/2018 at 10:26 PM, Ken said:

@Matt John S @drmauric @Primeval @Neil Amswych

OK, here is the updated PDF of the printable cards: Card Bonus.pdf

I also attached it to the Whispers from Stygia PDF, which is ready to go.

Matt, should I go ahead and create the post in Downloadable Scenarios, or do you want that under you?

Here is a screenshot of what I was thinking:

image.thumb.png.7f114b590a0f092c25e7de7b7680e116.png

I went ahead and posted it under downloadable scenarios. I will also post a link on Board Game Geek, but Facebook will have to wait until tomorrow.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...

@Ken @Primeval @Neil Amswych @drmauric 

Hey guys, here are some questions posed by the gentleman who is doing the French translation. 

Hi Matt, I just finished my first draft of the translation and I would like to check a few details, just to make sure I got everything right. Here are the questions I'm unsure about: - On the first scenario, it is written "A character with Wall Wrecker may not use it to pass through the the outer wall of the Tower, or any stone wall or floor in the Tower." That means EVERY floor, not just the stone ones, right? - On the second scenario, it is said about Hadrathus' spellbook that "In order to use it in future scenarios, he must be carrying it at the end of this scenario." Does this also applies if another Hero is carrying it, or does it have to be Hadrathus and no one else? - On the third scenario, about the Stygian assassins "Immediately upon the Idol of Yag Kosha being revealed, the Stygian Assassins are placed on the board as the Overlord sees fit and their tile is placed in the 1st space in the river." Can the Overlord place each assassin on the zone of his choice, thus breaking their group? - On the fourth scenario, about the Aesir Warriors. Do they have to pay to get a red gem from the ground (as the heroes do), or is it considered included in their activation? The answers seem quite logical but i want to be sure that I respect the original design. And let me say again, this looks fantastic!

Oh, I just got another one: are the armor bonuses granted for the last scenario (as well as Xuthai's crown) always active, or do you have to actually launch at least a defense orange die in order to benefit from it?