Community Generated Campaign

Matt John S

6 minutes ago, Matt John S said:

@Primeval, I might make it so that the Dark Demon's armor is reduced by one or something. Do they get the shards whether they win of lose? I'd rather reward them for doing well than just because. 

As for a name, what about "Serpent from the South" or "Whispers From the South" or "Whispers from Stygia" ? 

Shards only if they destroy the idol and win. My main reason for that is I thought I read someone was having the Dark Demon unharmable to start.

I like the name ideas - they feel closer than mine, will work on it with these in mind!

Edited by Primeval

8 hours ago, Primeval said:

Great - thanks, that is a big help!  Can we perhaps give it a specific name for our campaign to give it more flavor  ( i just realized i hate that phrase but can find none more suitable at the moment...).?

I called it Hadrathus' Spellbook. (mind blown, right?) I'm open to anything more creative.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Matt John S said:

@Primeval, I might make it so that the Dark Demon's armor is reduced by one or something. Do they get the shards whether they win of lose? I'd rather reward them for doing well than just because. 

As for a name, what about "Serpent from the South" or "Whispers From the South" or "Whispers from Stygia" ? 

@Matt John S

From Phoenix On the Sword 

"And having read, a word will be whispered in Stygia, and a wind will creep up from the south by midnight. And where will you hide your head, Thoth-amon?"

Maybe Thoth Amon turns this threat against him around on Conan... "where will you hide your head, Conan?"

• Like 2

On 1/18/2018 at 7:06 AM, drmauric said:

@Ken If you are cool with the Scepter I'll take the Spell Book. So plan on this item being carried over.

@all Sound good? 

I have included it in mine after your post on how it works -  thanks!

Also, if you guys( @drmauric @Neil Amswych) know what gear you will be giving Ikhmet and Yogah let me know and I will equip them accordingly.

Edited by Primeval

10 hours ago, drmauric said:

@Matt John S

From Phoenix On the Sword 

"And having read, a word will be whispered in Stygia, and a wind will creep up from the south by midnight. And where will you hide your head, Thoth-amon?"

Maybe Thoth Amon turns this threat against him around on Conan... "where will you hide your head, Conan?"

'Whispers From Stygia'may be perfect, then. 

'Whispered in Stygia" even sounds kind of cool. 

I used the spell book too, Dan. Oh, there's a book in the stygia(I think) expansion that has a weight of 0 if you'd prefer.

20180123_184744.jpg

• Like 1

On 1/22/2018 at 7:43 PM, Matt John S said:

@Neil Amswych @Primeval @drmauric

Hey fellas, I'm looking to start testing my scenario tomorrow night. In short, it's a dream/lotus/extra planer sequence that involves Thoth trying to capture Atali. He believes her magic will still have some dim effect on the King and plans on using her to distract or bewlider him. If the Overlord wins, Thoth will get some kind of boost or Bonus (maybe even the weight of the years spell from Nordheim or a one time use of Atali's tile). Perhaps it will factor into the final sceanrio B in Aquilonia. Actually that might be perfect (I'm thinking as I'm I'm typing) if Thoth wins the Nordheim scenario, it means you play final sceanrio B and we write her into that scenario. She lures Conan from his palace, away from Zenobia even...i think rather than it depending on victory points, since they decide your level up, we have the result of this second last scenario decide which final scenario you play. Sound good? ...ill think about that and have a conversation with @Ken. Anyways...

If it works for everyone, I still like the idea of the final battle being determined by the Yogah of Yag idol, even if it isn't the penultimate scenario.

I envision if Thoth wins that scenario, he gets the idol and controls Yogah, who will lead his army north for conquest. Knowing that Conan is the only power that can stop his evil army, Thoth devises a trap to lure him with Atali, which he will spring on Conan at the Ruined Fortress. But first, Thoth Amon must capture Atali. This leads to the Nordheim scenario. If Thoth wins, I will include an optional bonus in the Ruined Fortress scenario that includes Atali. If the heroes win, the Overlord doesn't get the bonus.

However, if the heroes win the Yogah of Yag scenario, then the Overlord has no one powerful enough to lead his evil army in conquest of the north. With his hopes of northern conquest dashed, he comes up with a new plan to summon the physical incarnation of set by making an alliance with an eastern sorcerer who has the other half of a shattered amulet. However, Thoth Amon knows Conan has foiled him in the past, and he is determine to be prepared this time. So before he invites the eastern sorcerer to the Streets of Khemi, he enters a  dream world and tries to capture Atali. This leads to the Nordheim scenario. If Thoth wins, I will include an optional bonus in the Streets of Khemi scenario that includes Atali. If the heroes win, the Overlord doesn't get the bonus.

In summary:

1. Victory Points only determine the level up.

2. Yogah Idol scenario determines the final battle.

3. Nordheim scenario determines whether Thoth gets an Atali buff in the final scenarios.

Thoughts?

• Like 2

37 minutes ago, Ken said:

If it works for everyone, I still like the idea of the final battle being determined by the Yogah of Yag idol, even if it isn't the penultimate scenario.

I envision if Thoth wins that scenario, he gets the idol and controls Yogah, who will lead his army north for conquest. Knowing that Conan is the only power that can stop his evil army, Thoth devises a trap to lure him with Atali, which he will spring on Conan at the Ruined Fortress. But first, Thoth Amon must capture Atali. This leads to the Nordheim scenario. If Thoth wins, I will include an optional bonus in the Ruined Fortress scenario that includes Atali. If the heroes win, the Overlord doesn't get the bonus.

However, if the heroes win the Yogah of Yag scenario, then the Overlord has no one powerful enough to lead his evil army in conquest of the north. With his hopes of northern conquest dashed, he comes up with a new plan to summon the physical incarnation of set by making an alliance with an eastern sorcerer who has the other half of a shattered amulet. However, Thoth Amon knows Conan has foiled him in the past, and he is determine to be prepared this time. So before he invites the eastern sorcerer to the Streets of Khemi, he enters a  dream world and tries to capture Atali. This leads to the Nordheim scenario. If Thoth wins, I will include an optional bonus in the Streets of Khemi scenario that includes Atali. If the heroes win, the Overlord doesn't get the bonus.

In summary:

3. Nordheim scenario determines whether Thoth gets an Atali buff in the final scenarios.

Thoughts?

Pretty much how I pictured it too.

7 hours ago, Ken said:

In summary:

Thoughts?

Yup. That works for me. And are still going to add in the potential bonus gems? Those can be easily implemented at the end of each scenario in a brief description. Doesn't matter to me, but I think the little progression elements are fun. So what is the plan for the Dark Demon? Are we going anything special with him? He's just kind of present in mine