Jump to content

https://the-overlord.com/FilesMBP/MBP-PM_Bannniere_Forum.jpg

https://the-overlord.com/ImagesBA/Batman-PM_Banner_Forum.jpg

Matt John S

Community Generated Campaign

Recommended Posts

3 hours ago, Ken said:

 

 

@Matt John S @Primeval @Neil Amswych  @drmauric 

 

I was brainstorming our launch plan once this is finished. What do you all think of the following?

 

1. Create a new thread here on the-overlord.net with a title announcing the completed book.

2. A thread on Board Game Geek pointing to the-overlord.net thread.

3. A thread on the on the-overlord.com pointing to the-overlord.net thread.

4. A post on the Facebook Conan group. I think we should lead with the cover image to grab attention and point to the-overlord.net thread.

5. A duplicate post on the Monolith Conan Facebook group. There is probably a lot of crossover in terms of membership, but it still is worthwhile. 

6. A duplicate post on the Facebook Miniatures A-Z group. Again, probably some crossover but well worth it.

7. Remove links in our development and testing threads to the campaign book and individual scenarios.  

8. Perhaps we could make a note at the top of these other threads indicating the project is done and provide a link to the new, finalized thread.

Note: This is to prevent version control issues. Nothing can be done about already downloaded files, but we want newcomers to only have access to the final, approved version.

 

That's it. I'm out of ideas, but open to additional thoughts.

 

Sounds good - I got a little ahead of things when I saw Matt's post in the Conan gaming group and linked on Barbaric Splendor but will fix the link with the final product.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/21/2018 at 10:32 AM, Ken said:

 

 

@Matt John S @Primeval @Neil Amswych  @drmauric 

 

I was brainstorming our launch plan once this is finished. What do you all think of the following?

 

1. Create a new thread here on the-overlord.net with a title announcing the completed book.

2. A thread on Board Game Geek pointing to the-overlord.net thread.

3. A thread on the on the-overlord.com pointing to the-overlord.net thread.

4. A post on the Facebook Conan group. I think we should lead with the cover image to grab attention and point to the-overlord.net thread.

5. A duplicate post on the Monolith Conan Facebook group. There is probably a lot of crossover in terms of membership, but it still is worthwhile. 

6. A duplicate post on the Facebook Miniatures A-Z group. Again, probably some crossover but well worth it.

7. Remove links in our development and testing threads to the campaign book and individual scenarios.  

8. Perhaps we could make a note at the top of these other threads indicating the project is done and provide a link to the new, finalized thread.

Note: This is to prevent version control issues. Nothing can be done about already downloaded files, but we want newcomers to only have access to the final, approved version.

 

That's it. I'm out of ideas, but open to additional thoughts.

 

Yup, sounds great to me. Once we're done, I'll see that it's shared via the official Monolith group as well for max exposure. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

OK, here is the latest and greatest version.

 

 

Changes include:

 

1. Revised version of Dreams of Atali. (Note: Matt, I fixed a typo in the Overlord's Objectives section (thier instead of their) and I tightened up the spacing to eliminate white space. Please check that everything is accurate.)

 

2. Updated the table to include the reference to Attack and Defense bonuses

 

3. Fixed the opening sentence of the Carryover Items section

 

4. Fixed a typo in the Prologue.

 

I am waiting for Footballz feedback on the Streets of Khemi before I call this thing finished, but we are pretty darn close. I also plan on tacking on a page at the end with the printable cards. I will include enough for each hero to have their own.

Edited by Ken
Removed PDF for version control.
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Ken said:

 

 

I am waiting for Footballz feedback on the Streets of Khemi before I call this thing finished, but we are pretty darn close. I also plan on tacking on a page at the end with the printable cards. I will include enough for each hero to have their own.

 

I am about half way through the scenario. I have had trouble finding the couple of hours or so required to finish this one. But I will get there. I had planned on playing over the weekend but things got in the way. So far it's been interesting. Haven't been able to do much damage (none actually) to either sorcerer as yet, but we'll see.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

One question, I forgot about the bonuses for Victory points🙄 The campaign book does not show the ratio I have. OL has 3 Victory points, the heroes have 2. So I have assumed the bonuses are the same as if it was 2:2.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
37 minutes ago, Footballzs said:

One question, I forgot about the bonuses for Victory points🙄 The campaign book does not show the ratio I have. OL has 3 Victory points, the heroes have 2. So I have assumed the bonuses are the same as if it was 2:2.

 

We revamped the VP rewards. At 3:2, I am pretty sure it is +1 armor for both sides. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Here are the cards to keep track of the bonuses for review. I'm not an expert with print dimensions, so let's consider this a rough draft until I get to see what they look like printed. I will attach the high quality PDF version to the campaign when we are ready.

 

1. Do these look good? Did I miss anything?

2. Based on Footballz's feedback, we brainstormed an idea that the VP Bonus could be limited to non-spell damage (see the playtest hub thread for more details). I included that limitation in these cards, but I can easily change it back. If we go this route, I will change the VP section of the rules.

 

 

Edited by Ken
Deleted image for version control.
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/6/2018 at 10:26 PM, Ken said:

@Matt John S @drmauric @Primeval @Neil Amswych

 

OK, here is the updated PDF of the printable cards: Card Bonus.pdf

 

I also attached it to the Whispers from Stygia PDF, which is ready to go.

 

Matt, should I go ahead and create the post in Downloadable Scenarios, or do you want that under you?

 

Here is a screenshot of what I was thinking:

image.thumb.png.7f114b590a0f092c25e7de7b7680e116.png

 

I went ahead and posted it under downloadable scenarios. I will also post a link on Board Game Geek, but Facebook will have to wait until tomorrow.

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×

Important Information

Our website uses cookies to guarantee you the best navigation. By continuing your visit, you confirm that you accept these cookies. Our Cookie Policy has other terms. Privacy Policy