Community Generated Campaign

Matt John S

11 hours ago, Matt John S said:

@Ken @Neil Amswych @Primeval, @drmauric

Can you guys post a link to your scenarios from the editor page? I want to put the links all in one post, not the pdfs, because when people access it I want it to be the latest version. Once I have those I'll do my post. I almost have mine written up too. I'll make a pinned post in Conan Gaming Group and bump it every once in a while. Also, Ken, what is your name in Conan Gaming Group? Are you in there? 

Scenario #2: Fight or Flight?

https://www.conan-scenarios.com/scenarioPage.php?MissionId=1090

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Footballzs said:

@Ken have you thought about using the Giant Scorpian tile from the Original Kickstarter? They have 2 armour and cause a lot more damage. You may have to reduce the number of scorpions otherwise they could be devastating.

I thought about it, but one of the premises with this campaign is to only include items available at retail.

It's tough, because the kickstarter had so much great stuff (not just characters & villains, but weapons and spells).

Here is a compilation of the most recent links for play-testing. We should also post a summary of the campaign rules so play-testers will have access to everything in one post.

Scenario 1 - The Time for Flight is Nigh

Scenario 2 - Fight or Flight

Scenario 3 - The Fate of Yag-Kosha

Scenario 4 - Unnamed - Not ready yet

Scenario 5a - The Streets of Khemi (if heroes win scenario 3) - Not ready yet

Scenario 5b - The Trap (if Overlord wins scenario 3)

Edited by Ken
  • Like 1

9 hours ago, Primeval said:

https://www.conan-scenarios.com/scenarioPage.php?MissionId=1041

@Matt John S   There is mine; have not actually made any changes from my playtest notes yet, but open to others trying it and getting whatever initial results they might!

I think this scenario uses a few kickstarter items (the powerful giant scorpions and the Idol of Yag-Kosha). I could be wrong...it gets confusing which items we can use.

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, Ken said:

I think this scenario uses a few kickstarter items (the powerful giant scorpions and the Idol of Yag-Kosha). I could be wrong...it gets confusing which items we can use.

That is a bummer. I just double checked and can confirm that those are Kickstarter items. 

The Stygian Artifact might be a suitable sub for the Idol of Yag...

I found the listing of the contents for Stygia and there are actually 3 tiles for the Giant Scorpions - so I am replacing the KS Giant Scorpion with a second tile for the Stygian ones. Might be more devastating anyway, as they swarm together. Mine is updated now and should be in compliance with our stated guidelines...wish I had not sold my expansions now so this was easier....

https://www.conan-scenarios.com/scenarioPage.php?MissionId=1041

@Primeval I love the writing for the introduction. 

And I see you like scorpions.

You say a Spectal hand - did you mean Spectral?

My only concern is that we've gone from the Outer Dark Demon in adventure 1 to the Dark Demon in 2, back to the Outer Dark Demon here. Is that an issue? My scenario can't use the Outer Dark Demon because it wouldn't be balanced.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Neil Amswych said:

@Primeval I love the writing for the introduction. 

And I see you like scorpions.

You say a Spectal hand - did you mean Spectral?

My only concern is that we've gone from the Outer Dark Demon in adventure 1 to the Dark Demon in 2, back to the Outer Dark Demon here. Is that an issue? My scenario can't use the Outer Dark Demon because it wouldn't be balanced.

Thanks for the heads up about "spectal"- I'll fix it tomorrow.  Frankly the scorpions were chosen mostly because they were about all that made sense out of what's available, but I do like how it turned out.

I just use the Outer Dark Demon as a generic demon, I think we are bound to have overlap with trying to use only certain tiles/miniatures.

@Matt John S When it is time to advertise play-testing to the public, should we create a brand new post with the Campaign Rules and List of Campaign links as the main post? Then play-testers could post feedback in that thread and it would not get intermingled with our discussions. I think it would help simplify things for the play-testers.

• Like 1

On 2/25/2018 at 10:55 AM, Ken said:

@Matt John S When it is time to advertise play-testing to the public, should we create a brand new post with the Campaign Rules and List of Campaign links as the main post? Then play-testers could post feedback in that thread and it would not get intermingled with our discussions. I think it would help simplify things for the play-testers.

Ken, yes, that's probably a good idea. I'll start one and add to the link I post on Facebook. I'm going to do that right now. SORRY FOR THE DELAY, GUYS! Batman has got me runnin! 

22 hours ago, Matt John S said:

@Ken do you have a link for The Trap in the editor? It's best if I just post all the links in one spot. let me know and ill add it to the post. 

@Matt John S I can't post a link to the The Trap on the editor page, because it doesn't accommodate 2 maps. I had to make two 2 different scenarios, download them,  and then manually edit the PDF files into one. 

•  
Edited by Ken