Compendium The overlord: tome 1 (EN).

SentMa

fwiw - I just received a note from them saying my compendium was returned due to a bad address. Doesn't make much sense as the address in the pledge manager was correct except they formatted it by non-US standards (zip before city/state) and I had abbreviated "rd" instead of "road". Sent them my address again, formatted by US standards. Hopefully it gets to me this time.

Edited by Thul

• 3 weeks later...

Monolith admins,
THIS will be the 5th time or so that I have asked this question and gotten no response. 
I still haven't received the scenario book 1 from way back in February. Can someone shed some light on this???
Last time that I will ask before a chargeback is filed and I will conclude my business with your company.its not about the money,it's about customer service.thanks.

I'm sorry to say this Sentma, but I think that you should have stated in the beginning , in the announcement of the compendium ,that due to low cost shipping ,  if the copy would not have arrived, you would have been not considered responsible. In that way , everyone would have been informed of the risks.

13 hours ago, Andrea said:

I'm sorry to say this Sentma, but I think that you should have stated in the beginning , in the announcement of the compendium ,that due to low cost shipping ,  if the copy would not have arrived, you would have been not considered responsible. In that way , everyone would have been informed of the risks.

I know well,
I will organize myself differently for the next one.

When will the english translated tome II come out by the way?

Can't you sent out the pdf version to the people who did not receive the tome I copy? It has some nice new mechanics and of course they are disappointed. And from Monolith side this is of course also disappointing to get quite some negative feedback on a free product and understandably they do not want to loose more money on that. But there are free options to win there support back.

I'm also sure many gamers missed the 1st tome, so why not include an option to sell both at a premium with express shipping? With the additional income, can refund these few poor souls, right? And most of us would not mind to pay more for an intact product and possibly higher quality. Let's solve this as a community, as everyone here loves Conan 🙂

Dear Monolith,

I appreciate that you wanted to do it as cheaply as possible.  Taking money for something and then not delivering it is called FRAUD in the US (not sure how it’s handled outside the US).  I realize that you intended it to be a nice gesture, but in the end, you simply shouldn’t have done this if you couldn’t do it with some confidence of getting it right.

Once again, your company has failed at basic customer service.  Look at all the customers posting here and think about how you’ve alienated them (after going to all the trouble to improve relations with the excellent Book of Set).  For every customer you’re adding, you’re losing one along the way.

At the very least, you owe us a formal announcement via e-mail through the Pledge Manager that our packages were lost in the mail and how we can apply for a refund.

To my fellow US backers, just call your credit card company and get the charge reversed.  It takes more time and is more hassle than a refund through Monolith, but in the end, you will get your money back as they have no proof they’ve mailed anything.

Thanks for nothing (literally)...

• 5 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hey, just catching up here.  I'm among those that never received a copy of the Tome I but paid for shipping.  Again, I hate to complain about something that was essentially free but I did pay for shipping at least.  Am I to understand that this is not actually going to be fulfilled?

On 7/12/2018 at 3:10 PM, pirateclem said:

Hey, just catching up here.  I'm among those that never received a copy of the Tome I but paid for shipping.  Again, I hate to complain about something that was essentially free but I did pay for shipping at least.  Am I to understand that this is not actually going to be fulfilled?

Yep. They believe their obligation has ended since it was free despite having a few hundred left that they refuse to send to those whose packages were lost.

As I’ve stated elsewhere I’m among those disappointed by a lost product. More disappointing is how much I’ve spent with Monolith having backed Conan, Mythic Battles, and Batman at full pledge levels amounting to well over $1,000 on board game product from a single company.  I spent another $130 tonight on MB 1.5 product.  So I remain a fan, albeit a fan used to extending exemplary customer service at work, who is genuinely surprised that no alternatives are being offered. Since they sent these to print, a PDF should be easy, but if somebody can post the list of scenarios maybe even linking them to the online scenarios for those of us who ran short on luck, maybe I or somebody else could compile a PDF to share. Just a thought, trying to come up with solutions rather than constant complaining. 

Edited by tayhuck
Wrong word choice

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/14/2018 at 2:58 PM, Krusticlese said:

Yep. They believe their obligation has ended since it was free despite having a few hundred left that they refuse to send to those whose packages were lost.

WTF?  Seriously?  So, I have no idea if they ever shipped or did not ship to me as I have no shipping notice or tracking number, they have accepted my payment for shipping and now the answer is, "bad luck, it must be lost"?  That is complete bull.