[Rules] The Last Ditch Invocation

NURTHOR

• 8 months later...

I have some questions regarding this scenario:

1) Jumping from ship to ship.

How many movement points does it cost?

What does happen to a character failing the jumping test?

If he remains on the original area, can he try to jump again in the same turn (spending more movement points)?

If he falls down to the sea, is him automatically killed or can he be activated normally to fight/nive/climb back to the ship?

2) Thaugh

He does not have Reach, so he can't attack in close combat and there is only one OL character (N'gora) that can make distance attacks, but even with a maximum attack roll, he can't hurt Thaugh. What's the point giving him a life point score?

15 hours ago, Arthadan said:

I have some questions regarding this scenario:

1) Jumping from ship to ship.

How many movement points does it cost?

What does happen to a character failing the jumping test?

If he remains on the original area, can he try to jump again in the same turn (spending more movement points)?

If he falls down to the sea, is him automatically killed or can he be activated normally to fight/nive/climb back to the ship?

2) Thaugh

He does not have Reach, so he can't attack in close combat and there is only one OL character (N'gora) that can make distance attacks, but even with a maximum attack roll, he can't hurt Thaugh. What's the point giving him a life point score?

I just read it and it appears as though a special rule is missing on how the tentacles are treated. I would assume that you can activate the tentacles somehow, probably at the same time as Thaug is activated. l also suspect that each time you destroy a tentacle, Thaug's life point is reduced by 1. That's just a guess on my part, but otherwise the rules don't quite make sense.

• Like 1

• 2 years later...

One of the many great scenarios of Conan, but some unclarity. I played that Thaug can activate each tentacle no more than once per round. If it grabs a pirate, he gets dragged into the sea. If the tentacle is killed, then the pirate can still swim and attack other tentacles, but cannot climb back onto the boat. Because he has the swim skill but no climb skill. Characters without the swim skill would die.

If a hero falls into sea, we ruled that he/she can still teleport back to the ship within the same round, otherwise also die.

About Thaug hp, you can rule that he looses an hp with each tentacle that gets killed. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

In this scenario, tentacles activation is handled by Thaug "Dagon's attack" spell. He can use the spell (=move and attack with a tentacle) as long as he has red gems.

Pirates (or any character with swim skill) can get back into a ship by paying 1 extra gem (as indicated in the swim skill description).

• Like 2