Mythic battles, what future ?

SentMa

Although our collaboration on Mythic Battles: Pantheon was a success, Monolith and Mythic Games jointly decided to bring it to an end.

This conclusion appeared obvious after a common reflection. It has been clear that, for the good of both companies, they must be free to fully commit themselves to their own product ranges, by deciding the entirety of their editorial and commercial policies.

That is why we came to an agreement on Monolith acquiring the rights for the Mythic Battles range (Pantheon, Ragnarök …) in full. From now on, we will take charge of the management of the whole range (development, marketing, communication, after-sales…).

We deeply believe in Mythic Battles, and we have at heart to expand the game and its community as we did for Conan. With this in mind, we have taken a number of resolutions whose application will be gradual:

• The planning of a reprint campaign for Mythic Battles: Pantheon this spring. The launch of the Ragnarök campaign in 2019.
  • The immediate welcome of the English and French-speaking community on the website www.the-overlord.net and the publication of a set of free tools and graphic assets for Mythic Battles.
  • The addition in the future compendiums (a series of free booklets gathering the best contributions of The Overlord community) of scenarios and articles for Mythic Battles.
  • The creation of a FAQ. We have already started to gather the feedback and questions on various forums. A thread has been opened on that matter on www.the-overlord.net.

These resolutions are a long-term endeavor and commit us for a number of years, but true to development policy of our games, we will continue to make grow and enrich Mythic Battles.

We are truly happy to announce that, for Mythic Battles, the adventure is only beginning.

Monolith team.

b761eb2ec28bd0e6ead6b328f9ab539e_original.jpg

• Like 2

Very interesting development! Mythic Games sells Mythic Battles so basically game that give them their name. I wonder what will be their next project then?

As for the decision, it's definitely good news in terms of community and post campaign related stuff. Conan community works really well, and further development (scenarios, scenario booklets) give hope for similar post KS care for Mythic Battles.

My only worry is that there will be more work for Mythic than they can chew... On top of my head:

1. Batman - Running KS this month

2. Conan - In early stage of development as far as I can tell

3. Claustrophobia - Another project in early development

4. Mythic Battles Ragnarok - I assume that same as Conan

5. Mythic Battles Reprint - To be fair this should be really easy - collect money and place order - but it will still eat time and may lead to delays on other KS campaigns

But I am hopeful and wish you good luck!

I think I need to see you at Spiel this year. It looks like it may be really interesting fair.

Edited by Iesthir
  • Thanks 1

• 4 weeks later...
On 29.01.2018 at 9:04 PM, Iesthir said:

Very interesting development! Mythic Games sells Mythic Battles so basically game that give them their name. I wonder what will be their next project then?

And finally we got answer to this question: Mythic Games next project will be miniature board game based on Solomon Kane!