Overlord and Half Naked Girls

WFPII

Registering for the website, I see a picture of a half naked girl on the entire page. Ok, I think, its the heroine from Conan and they are spotlighting artwork.

Browising through forums there is another half naked girl on the entire page. Alright, I don't really want to stare at this every time I browse.

My question: Is all the artwork on the site going to be half naked girls? If so, I'll stick to BGG. Also, naming a website Overlord and it being pictures of half naked women might not have been the best thought out plan.

My suggestion: Spotlight other artwork or rotate it. I purposefully didn't buy Conan because of the art design and now that Monolith acquired Mythic Battles I'm here to join an awesome community of board gamers not see half naked ladies.

4 minutes ago, Footballzs said:

These issues always seem to come from the English speaking community but not from the French. Not judging, just an observation.

Remember that English speaking community basically equals every other country that doesn't speak French so it is not worth much :wink:

That being said, I do feel like French community is more open minded and less restrictive about those topics, at least that's what I got from KS campaigns and comment sections there.

Forums aside, personally I think that creators have right to include everything they want in their creation. Be it naked ladies or whatever. They are creating their own product, realising their own vision and investing and risking their own money, and if you don't like it don buy it/support them.

Whether we are talking about Conan, or Greek mythology, naked PEOPLE are going to be a factor. There are many, many examples of idealized male AND female (near) nudity in both games.

It always strikes me as odd that some people are so upset by any hint of sexuality in games, yet are just fine with pretending to violently kill one another in those same games. And yes, the complaints generally come from America. As an American, I see it as a function of my nation’s overtly puritanical history. We celebrate violence and then condemn sex and nudity in all aspects of our culture. 3 hours of bone-crushing football? Yayyyy! One quick glimpse of a female nipple? Booooo!....

For my part, I definitely prefer the European take on human sexuality. It is something to be celebrated IMO. 

• Like 3

I'm not offended by naked women per se, but I have the feeling that it could be nice to have other characters than women on the background of the forum. There's plenty of cool artwork in this game that would fit the part (dressed or not).

@WFPII, if the naked women are an issue, I think you can change the theme of the forum for something with less nudity, but related to Batman. I just can't find where that option stands right now. Does anyone around remember where it is? @SentMa?

By the way, @Iesthir, I'm not sure that argument is decisive:

Remember that English speaking community basically equals every other country that doesn't speak French so it is not worth much :wink:

Sure, there's a lot of native English-speakers in the world (thanks to the British), and people who don't speak French are likely to often speak English, although it's not their first language, but it doesn't imply that everyone speaking English share the OP's feelings about the backgrounds of the forum. Even among native speakers, they are different countries, cultures, opinions... as it occurs among native French-speakers.  Not to mention that Monolith owns the forum and is free to give it the look as it sees fit. :smile:

That being said, I'd be glad with more variety/gender parity in the backgrounds of the forum, but I can deal with the present state of affairs, if Monolith has too much work or don't plan to tweak that right now or in the coming months/years. :wink:

Edited by Not Quite Dead

6 hours ago, Not Quite Dead said:

By the way, @Iesthir, I'm not sure that argument is decisive:

Sure, there's a lot of native English-speakers in the world (thanks to the British), and people who don't speak French are likely to often speak English, although it's not their first language, but it doesn't imply that everyone speaking English share the OP's feelings about the backgrounds of the forum. Even among native speakers, they are different countries, cultures, opinions... as it occurs among native French-speakers.  Not to mention that Monolith owns the forum and is free to give it the look as it sees fit. :smile:

That is basically what I wanted to say, but since English is not my primary language, It may have been not that clear :smile:

6 hours ago, Not Quite Dead said:

That being said, I'd be glad with more variety/gender parity in the backgrounds of the forum, but I can deal with the present state of affairs, if Monolith has too much work or don't plan to tweak that right now or in the coming months/years. :wink:

I think that later we will get more art at least from MB. Remember that Monolith just took MB. It will take time before they organize all things, and forum layout is probably at the end of the TO DO list.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...