Community Campaign Playtest Hub

5 hours ago, Primeval said:

@Footballzs - your help is much appreciated - I would like to offer to send you a miniature from my Barbaric Splendor line that you can use in future games (I made a hero card for him that is in the download section) as a thank you if you are interested.

Wow😮. That's incredible generous. I do live in Australia and am concerned postage may be a bit high. I'll accept if you let me pay for postage.

• 3 weeks later...

Ok, finally finished The Streets of Khemi. The OL won at the start of turn 11. Shuang Muan had all his lives but Thoth Amon was down to his last life. Niord had the sceptor but was blocked from getting to Shuang by the Dark Demon and the Demon’s 4 armour made it very hard to hurt.

I didn’t have Atali as the heroes had won the previous scenario and both sides had plus 1 armour from accrued Victory Points.

The plus 1 armour along with Set’s Halo made Thoth very hard to injure. If I didn’t throw a 6 with Lightning Storm then it was almost a wasted throw (I spent a lot on rerolls). Bori’s Rage is not helpful as the maximum throw is 4 which means Thoth couldn’t be hurt if he had Set’s Halo cast. Also the sacrifice skill of the Bossonian Guards is very handy for the OL (I assumed that if the OL activated the event card but did not use any gems for Mind Possession the OL still got the reinforcements).

Basically both sorcerers are VERY hard to hurt.

This one is not impossible for the heroes but it is very difficult, it may have been different if the plus 1 armour wasn’t there but that was the way the Victory Points went.

One issue, this scenario uses the Stygian Artifact, but this card is also used to represent the Medallian ( which I didn’t have in this playthrough). That may need to be looked at.

This is good final scenario. A very tricky encounter and one in which the heroes have to be on their best game. I will have to go through the campaign again and replay it after the lessons I have learnt. The campaign is fun and I congratulate everyone on the work done. Hopefully Monolith promote this once it’s finally ready and others can get the same level of enjoyment I did.

• Like 4

On 9/29/2018 at 6:51 PM, Footballzs said:

The plus 1 armour along with Set’s Halo made Thoth very hard to injure. If I didn’t throw a 6 with Lightning Storm then it was almost a wasted throw (I spent a lot on rerolls). Bori’s Rage is not helpful as the maximum throw is 4 which means Thoth couldn’t be hurt if he had Set’s Halo cast. Also the sacrifice skill of the Bossonian Guards is very handy for the OL (I assumed that if the OL activated the event card but did not use any gems for Mind Possession the OL still got the reinforcements).

Basically both sorcerers are VERY hard to hurt.

This one is not impossible for the heroes but it is very difficult, it may have been different if the plus 1 armour wasn’t there but that was the way the Victory Points went.

I was worried about how the victory points would affect The Streets of Khemi. I am also concerned about how they will affect The Trap. 

Here are some options:

1. Change The Streets of Khemi to make the hero spellcaster more powerful. Unfortunately, the best spells to use are from the King set, which we aren't using. Alternates include:

a) Pestilential Swarm (which I think is WAY too powerful if carried by Hadrathus), and
b) Kiss of Death (which might be climactic because Hadrathus would have to sacrifice himself to use it, but it is also pretty powerful with 3 red re-rollable dice.).

2. Change the Xuthals Crown to provide +1 spell damage. This would compensate for the OL VP armor bonus. However, if the OL doesn’t get the VP armor bonus, it might make it too easy for the heroes.

3. Leave it as it.

Thoughts?

Edited by Ken

7 minutes ago, Ken said:

I was worried about how the victory points would affect The Streets of Khemi. I am also concerned about how they will affect The Trap. 

Here are some options:

1. Change The Streets of Khemi to make the hero spellcaster more powerful. Unfortunately, the best spells to use are from the King set, which we aren't using. Alternates include:

a) Pestilential Swarm (which I think is WAY too powerful if carried by Hadrathus), and
b) Kiss of Death (which might be climactic because Hadrathus would have to sacrifice himself to use it, but it is also pretty powerful with 3 red re-rollable dice.).

2. Change the Xuthals Crown to provide +1 spell damage. This would compensate for the OL VP armor bonus. However, if the OL doesn’t get the VP armor bonus, it might make it too easy for the heroes.

3. Leave it as it.

Thoughts?

One option is to make it that the plus 1 amour does not apply for spell attacks. 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Footballzs said:

One option is to make it that the plus 1 amour does not apply for spell attacks. 

@Footballzs

That's not a bad idea. The limitation could apply to both sides to equal it out. 

By the way, how would Kiss of Death have affected your recent playtest? I assume the heroes would have won, since Hadrathus could have sacrificed himself to do that last point of damage, but would it still have come down to the wire? 

7 hours ago, Ken said:

@Footballzs

That's not a bad idea. The limitation could apply to both sides to equal it out. 

By the way, how would Kiss of Death have affected your recent playtest? I assume the heroes would have won, since Hadrathus could have sacrificed himself to do that last point of damage, but would it still have come down to the wire? 

It’s embarrassing to admit but I didn’t think of that. It may have worked.

Edited by Footballzs

1 hour ago, Footballzs said:

It’s embarrassing to admit but I didn’t think of that. It may have worked.

Nevermind. I forgot that Atali is already using the Kiss of Death, so that option is out. Regardless, I think the better option is to change the bonus.

• Like 2