Batman: Gotham City Chronicles Rulebook - Draft version 1.0.1

Thanks again, folks. When we reach a lull we are going to focus some time on these comments and get down to some editing. I assure you this is not the final draft, and your comments are most helpful and welcome. 

• Like 2

Hi all! I know its just a draft but couldn't help to comment anyways. I have a question regarding the check for energy cube limit that happens in the middle of each hero action. Haven't read the rules for Conan so there are probably a reason for it to be there: why do you check this in the middle of the action instead of having it as a prerequisite for using the action? I think it would be easier to teach and remember in that way.

So if I declare that I want to do a melee attack, and in step 3 when spending energy cubes realise that I can't, I should follow the arrow down to the last step of ending the action. This could be a dire mistake when playing Versus and you have a limited amount of actions each turn. In most cases though the opponent would just let you revert that action and do another thing but still.

EDIT:  my mistake for the versus mode, it works differently there, but my point is still relevant I think. Could remove an extra step in all of the hero actions.

Edited by Fohlin