3D bombs representing armed/disarmed state?

Adding it here in case this question got lost in all the comments on the KS page.

So how will this actually work?

The ordinary bomb tokens that you could just flip from unarmed to armed makes perfect sense for this mechanic, so how would you accomplish this with a 3D model?

And are these 3D models going to replace the tokens or just added as extras? (for the sake of gameplay I would currently prefer to play with the tokens)

Edited by Fohlin

No reason you can't put the models on the board flipped over, then flip them right side up. If that doesn't work for you, you could place the tokens out to represent locations, then replace them with the models instead of flipping when activated.

I mean, obviously ideal would be if they had an led that flashed red when armed, but I think that is expecting a bit much :B

After having read the latest update they are actually writing in the scenario that tokens are used for unarmed bombs and exchanged for the 3d models when armed! That made me happy! Great work with integrating the stretch goals in a clear way Monolith!

Edited by Fohlin
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

This gives me an idea to use the some of the Grimlights I backed on KS. Grimlight site. They are magnet controlled micro LEDs that can be set to different patterns. You use a magnet to turn them on and off. 

Drill the LED up into the model. When it is active turn it on, when deactivated turn it off. Should add a really neat effect.

I think Monolith backed them too.

• Like 1