Aquilonia’s Elite: Show Your Black Dragons!

Epaka

17 minutes ago, Not Quite Dead said:

These miniatures may be my favourite of the whole game. Badassest bodyguards ever.

I like yours and would never have thought to paint their knees and arms as if it was skin. I always understood that as armour. Nice work!

Thanks NQD, I can’t say I was inspired to go off script with the fleshy knees, elbows, and necks. As usual I was just trying to follow what the game art looks like. I can’t really tell from the game-tile, but it looked like skin to me. I suppose it’s hot wearing black armor in the hot Aquilonian summer...  🤪

• Haha 1

True enough! But also, unless the art can be found printed larger in the game manuals, or the campaign/art books, it can honestly be rather hard to see what’s going on from just the game-tiles. Yet, somehow, I still never noticed any hint of blue on the Mummies until I saw other painted minis, even though it’s clear as can be on the cover of the Devil in Iron campaign book!... Cognitive bias indeed.

So, what’s your plan for painting your version of the Black Dragons? They might look even more badass without naked knees! 😈🐉

Well, I'm not about to paint them soon, as they're scheduled around 2034 (joke aside, it's been one year since I started painting Conan, and after I've finished the miniature I'm painting now, I'll have done only 25% of them :blink:)... but anyway, I think I'm gonna give them a full black armour (obviously) with hints of gold, just like I did for my Heroquest Chaos warriors back in the 90s. As for the clothed part on their shoulder, I'm not sure yet. Maybe purple.

Spoiler

070617a.thumb.JPG.657924e8fb2c77725b0e5a173e46af8a.JPG

Edited by Not Quite Dead
  • Like 1

• 2 years later...
On 5/27/2020 at 9:22 PM, Epaka said:

One of my Black Dragons lurking about in some new terrain I built for the game... He was just the first mini I grabbed to see how the LED torch would photograph. 

Looking nice!!!

• Thanks 1