Tales of the South Special Edition

Ken

Tales of the South Special Edition Cover.jpg.842020e94aaf429efced9b2f1e6b3ee5.jpg

"Under the caverned pyramids great Set coils asleep; Among the shadows of the tombs his dusky people creep. I speak the Word from the hidden gulfs that never knew the sun—Send me a servant for my hate, oh scaled and shining One."

- The Phoenix on the Sword

Tales of the South Special Edition is a collection of fan-made scenarios for both Adventure Mode and Solo/Co-op. Seven authors deliver 22 scenarios focused primarily on the Stygia expansion for both Adventure mode and Solo/Co-op mode. See the table of contents for full requirements.

ToC.jpg.ce5b4b8ad2289310cb435e832fc840ae.jpg

We are providing this special edition in three formats: 

1. Web Version - this is a single PDF file that you can use digitally. The images have been compressed. 

CONAN_Tales_of_the_South_Web.pdf

2. Self Print - this is a single PDF file that you can print at home or your local print shop. 

CONAN_Tales_of_the_South_Self_Print.pdf

3. Hardcover Edition - this is two PDF files, one for the cover and the second for the interior content that you can send to a print-on-demand service for a hardback book. I will also provide step-by-step instructions on how to use Lulu, if you choose them as your print-on-demand service. 

CONAN_Tales_of_the_South_Hardback_Interior.pdf

EDIT: The original post had the incorrect title on the hardback cover. This is the corrected version.

Tales_Of_The_South_Cover_v3.pdf

Hardcover Printing Instructions for Lulu

Since this is a free, fan-made book, I am not morally or legally allowed to set up a print on demand distribution. Which means you will need to set up an account with a print on demand company and upload files for printing (for personal use only). The directions I list below are for the company Lulu, but you are free to use any print on demand company you choose. 
  1. Go to lulu.com and create an account.
  2. Under the CREATE tab, click the PRINT BOOKS option.
  3. Click the button START YOUR PRINT BOOK
  4. Enter your login credentials
  5. In the START YOUR PROJECT section, choose PRINT BOOK
  6. In the SELECT YOUR GOAL section, choose PRINT YOUR BOOK. (Do NOT select Publish your book for sale on Amazon. You will get sued. 🙂 )
  7. In the BOOK DETAILS section, enter a project title of your choice. I recommend Tales of the South. Enter a language and CATEGORY, which is required.
  8. Click the DESIGN YOUR PROJECT button at the bottom of the page to proceed to the Design page
  9. In the INTERIOR FILE UPLOAD section, upload the file named “CONAN_Tales_of_the_South_Hardback_Interior.pdf”
  10. Wait for the file to upload and normalize. This can take a few minutes. Be patient and get yourself a cold beverage.
  11. When the upload finishes, you will see some warnings. Like most warnings in life, feel free to ignore these.
  12. In the BOOK SPECIFICATIONS section, the BOOK SIZE AND PAGE COUNT should already be pre-filled.
  13. In the INTERIOR COLOR section, choose COLOR PREMIUM for the best quality color.
  14. In the PAPER TYPE section, choose 80# COATED WHITE for the best paper quality.
  15. In the BOOK BINDING section, choose HARDCOVER. Feel free to choose a different binding if that floats your boat.
  16. In the COVER FINISH section, choose GLOSSY or MATTE, your choice. 
  17. Wait a moment for the PRINT COST to load. This is a printing fee for Lulu, and I do not receive a penny of this, nor does Monolith.
  18. In the DESIGN YOUR COVER section, make sure the UPLOAD COVER FILE option is selected.
  19. Upload the file named “CONAN_Tales_of_the_South_Hardback_Cover.pdf”
  20. After a minute, the PREVIEW will load. This preview will give you a basic idea of what the book will be like, but it is just a preview and not super-high quality.
  21. When you are ready, click the REVIEW BOOK link at the bottom.
  22. This brings you to a page where you can review the final specifications. Click the checkbox next to CONFIRM BOOK SPECIFICATIONS AND FILES
  23. Click the ADD TO CART button when it becomes enabled
  24. Click the CART icon at the top of the page and make the purchase. The shipping will vary depending where you are located. (Also keep an eye out for discount codes on the home page.)

Feel free to print a copy for  yourself or your friends, but DO NOT PRINT COPIES FOR SALE.
Note: The hardback book you receive from Lulu will not be perfect. There might be alignment issues with the binding, scratches,  the interior margins might be tight, and the endsheets will be a boring white. That being said, it will still kick ass!

Edited by Ken
  • Like 9
  • Thanks 2

3 hours ago, Cherarbru said:

Hi Ken, thanks you for your work¡ I am excited to start to play this scenarios. I was wondering how do you create the template with Tiles modiphius ( I have them), I know how create a scenearios with https://www.conan-scenarios.com/ but not with this tiles. I would like to do myselft my owns scenarios.

Sorry, I don't believe there is a streamlined way to add the Modiphius tiles, and the source files I use aren't available to the public. 

On 9/2/2022 at 10:15 AM, Cherarbru said:

Hi Ken, thanks you for your work¡ I am excited to start to play this scenarios. I was wondering how do you create the template with Tiles modiphius ( I have them), I know how create a scenearios with https://www.conan-scenarios.com/ but not with this tiles. I would like to do myselft my owns scenarios.

You pretty much need to buy the PDF versions of the tiles, extract the images and manually set them in a PDF for the scenarios. No easy way, alas. 

On 9/2/2022 at 5:15 AM, Cherarbru said:

You can get the Tilesystem editor here: https://smallrealities.com/index.php/conan-boardgame

It includes the Modiphius tiles.

• Like 2

Hello there, 

I have the latest version of the tile system . and have figured out how to create a map and skelos jpeg files, which i have been dropping in on a word doc for home. However, I'd like to be able to publish my scenarios in the format style of the official rules and these excellently put together books. 

my apologies for the possibly simple answer. where do i find the "template" for writing up the rules for each scenario? 

i have found the overlord scenario editor.  but have two issues.

1 the latest kickstarter items are not present yet. 

2. there doesn't seem to be an ability to combine map. specifically, I have a boat and stygia docks combination. and a fort/temple combo.

grateful for any assistance and advice. 

Ant 

• 2 weeks later...

Necromance :

Citation

The intro text starts with the present tense for the first paragraph. Then it switches to the past tense.
For clarity we added in the French translation: "Tamaris commands 2 red skeletons at the beginning of the game".

A Desire to see Civilized Lands

Citation

"As the Aquolinian army"
"Unaware of the Aquilonian lands"
"conquered by the Aquilonians"

"Aquillonian" sometimes has one L to many.

Edited by madcollector
  • Like 1