Kickstarter Follow Frenzy

Gambit.Rogue I agree regarding the maps.

I already have a few ideas about scenarios I want to design, and while I expect them to be mediocre I really want to give them a shot and have them ready for when the game arrives to try out.

Though we really need to see the tiles and the next draft of the rules as well. Having some concepts in mind that we can fine tune when we get more detail is where I am aiming right now. I will admit I have been watching Batman '66 in a binge, so a lot of it is based of that stuff (2 scenarios, single cliffhanger)

• Like 1

To be serious for a second, I've never had as much fun in a KS comments section as I did with this one.

I typically don't get involved in the comments sections of these games because they so often devolve into nothing but people's wish lists.  However, for this campaign, I figured I'd give the comments section a shot and see how it'd go.

And while this campaign did have it's fair share of wish-listers, overall, it really surpassed all of my expectations.  Whether people loved me, hated me, or merely tolerated me, I had a blast.  As a bonus, I got to meet a lot of you awesome people along the way.  So, yay!

I mean, not even the full might of Germany could keep me away.  It was that much fun!

I will also say that I'll never forget the night that Batcow was announced.  I was sitting on the couch with my wife waiting for the newest episode of The Walking Dead to come on.  I saw the announcement on my phone, yelled in triumph, and nearly jumped off of the couch.  My wife looked at me like I was a madman.  It was great.  It was even better to go to the comments section in that moment and celebrate with you guys.

Anyway, all of this to say, thanks to all of you who made the comments section so awesome throughout this campaign.  I hope to see you all in many more KS campaigns to come, including what I hope will be the inevitable expansion to this game.

End rambling.

Edited by Torgo
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • I'm Batman! 1

Torgo, I couldn't agree more. I've never really been involved in a comments section, and for basically the same reason. "give me this or I'll leave, I swear I will" drives me nuts. I say we keep this ball rolling. Clearly, we are all Kickstarter junkies to varying degrees, so we'll definitely be orbiting each other for some time to come. And yes, I'll always remember where I was when I got the Batcow update. Glorious triumph!

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, SBCP said:

"give me this or I'll leave, I swear I will" drives me nuts.

Yeah, that stuff drives me bonkers.  Kind of made this morning kind of unbearable.  Way too many ‘give me X or I’ll take my ball and go home’ people came out of the woodwork.  Or people just repeating the same nonsense over and over again thinking that it was somehow going to persuade Monolith in the last three hours.

I don’t mind wish lists as much (I probably did that a couple of times over the campaign), but just use some moderation and don’t spam everyone constantly with it.  Or go into hysterics if a good chunk of your 15 “critical” characters don’t make their way in.  And I get the Spoiler disappointment, especially given the box art, but don’t pretend that it’s equivalent to Poison Ivy or Nightwing getting overlooked or something.

Edited by PiGuy
  • Like 2

37 minutes ago, Rudis21 said:

I have never spent as much time in a comments section either, my wife keeps asking me why I’m glued to my phone. Lol. 

Haha, mine asked me just how long we will continue chatting in the comments, when I said I didn’t know she asked if wives got a vote. 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Torgo said:

To be serious for a second, I've never had as much fun in a KS comments section as I did with this one.

I typically don't get involved in the comments sections of these games because they so often devolve into nothing but people's wish lists.  However, for this campaign, I figured I'd give the comments section a shot and see how it'd go.

And while this campaign did have it's fair share of wish-listers, overall, it really surpassed all of my expectations.  Whether people loved me, hated me, or merely tolerated me, I had a blast.  As a bonus, I got to meet a lot of you awesome people along the way.  So, yay!

I mean, not even the full might of Germany could keep me away.  It was that much fun!

I will also say that I'll never forget the night that Batcow was announced.  I was sitting on the couch with my wife waiting for the newest episode of The Walking Dead to come on.  I saw the announcement on my phone, yelled in triumph, and nearly jumped off of the couch.  My wife looked at me like I was a madman.  It was great.  It was even better to go to the comments section in that moment and celebrate with you guys.

Anyway, all of this to say, thanks to all of you who made the comments section so awesome throughout this campaign.  I hope to see you all in many more KS campaigns to come, including what I hope will be the inevitable expansion to this game.

End rambling.

Where’s Torgo and what did you do to him?

Kidding aside, I think it’s safe to say we all share the same sentiment. I think the dynamic we all had helped lift spirits and create excitement throughout the campaign. The irony is that the campaign itself is rather dull compared to other Kickstarter campaigns including Monolith’s own previous games.

Never thought I’d feel this way about a comments section that can be easily described as - to say the least - a jumbled mess! I never found myself feel excitement, laugh, cheer, chant, scream and jump - all at the same time - on any online comments section before with a bunch of people I know zero to nothing about.

This truly has been an experience and I hope we get to repeat it soon.

Edited by SolidRoar
  • Like 1