Kickstarter Follow Frenzy

New addicts! Seek treatment now before it’s too late! I own over 430+ games not including expansions and pledged for over 130+ kickstarters. I am so short on room lol. It’s like every other week my wife will be like “what’s that huge box”?  Oh it’s umm another kickstarter....   now when I go to grab a game it’s like in Johnny Dangerously when all the laundry falls on him. 

• Haha 1

My first was an expansion to a game I don’t even own anymore. Next I bought Krosmaster Arena and spent more money then I ever have since. Gotta get a gamers table soon so I can play games with people here. Just to much work hauling a lot of my games around plus two player games are not what to bring to game night.

Is it just me or does anyone else occasionally go back the the campaign page to scrol through and look at all the lovely figures we are getting? 

Please don't let it just be me

On one of these (many) visits I noticed it says we get 21 hero sheets but we have 22 heroes. I guess green arrow was truly unplanned, and no space for spoiler

Edited by Karras Merrin
  • Like 2
  • I'm Batman! 1

5 hours ago, Two Penny said:

Yeah apparently Spoiler was never in the plans, they just didn't want to recomission the artist for the cover art

Then BadKam shouldn't have said otherwise. I don't care that she isn't or is but saying one thing and doing another doesn't look good.

• Like 1

Hey guys,
My first Kickstarter.
Same handle on BGG.
I'm in New Brunswick, Canada.

This has been a lot of fun. I'm really looking forward to the game in general, but I find it's always interesting to see what the community comes up with. For instance, I plan on building a fourth bat-tablet out of heavy card or mdf once I have the game in hand, and I'd love to see how people best balance the scenarios for the 5th player.  I have a few ideas myself (including leaving out the fourth hero and letting the 5th player join the villain as a teammate.)

Another project I was thinking of was converting one of the maps into a 3d or 2.5d board. I have a bit of experience with tabletop games and terrain (LotR/Hobbit, Guild Ball, Infinity, etc.) Obviously, I'm also interested to see how you guys paint these models. I mostly use Angel Giraldez's two books for tips and inspiration when painting my GB and Infinity. I'm also painting a friend's Imperial Assault models right now.

For those who have experience with Monolith, what are the plastics like? I will work with whatever they deliver, but the soft plastics like in Imperial Assault are not my favorite to deal with. 

Anyway, glad I decided to jump in on this, and happy to be part of the community.

On ‎4‎/‎2‎/‎2018 at 5:15 PM, PdaBLAME said:

I started in 2015 with ghostbusters.  Don't judge me 

I actually love my GB games.  I'm tweeking GB2 to get it to work but I'm still liking it. I only have GB1 retail copy so maybe I like it because I only spent $50 on it.

On ‎4‎/‎2‎/‎2018 at 12:35 AM, Cyanide said:

Surprisingly at this time I only own 31 games and I’ve been collecting over 10 years. I use to have more Euros but now it’s mostly Ameritrash, minis and dice. My wife dislikes my hobby and hopes my kids don’t end up liking it, so I mostly buy just because I want it. Good thing she doesn’t have any say as long as her and the kids have food, shelter, and clothing otherwise I’d have no hobby.

My wife hates board games too! She just doesn't "Get" them bless her heart.  At least it saves my wallet a little.

• 1 month later...

Weird place for this, but I just wanted to draw BDEC attention to IDW's Nickelodeon Splat Kickstarter. Real light game, basically the opposite of Batman in terms of complexity, but it looks fun. I have no idea on the age range in this group, but 90's Nickelodeon was my jam and these miniatures come with a big ol' side of nostalgia. I just thought there might be a few others here who enjoyed that era in television.