Kickstarter Follow Frenzy

6 minutes ago, Cyanide said:

I’m following, might post some pictures/ask for advice when I start painting. Going to start with something simple first. Debating between Mice and Mystics (bugs sound simple to paint) and Museum Rush (real cartoony looking figures)

I will definitely be asking for input/advice when and if I decide to learn to paint! 

I’m looing at picking up the Reaper learn to paint kit. 

Edited by JokemanJim
Added text

3 minutes ago, JokemanJim said:

I will definitely be asking for input/advice when and if I decide to learn to paint! 

I will also be looking for painting advice, I'm very excited to paint this game! I plan on starting by punting a few other games, like cry havoc, in the wait for this one.

4 minutes ago, JokemanJim said:

I'm following Sorastro and King of Average, I believe they both use Citidel Paints.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, JokemanJim said:

You need some primer and for some ppl it can be difficult to prime with a spray can (if you live in an apartment for example). Instead you can use Gesso - its very quick to brush on and leaves a very good painting surface. White Gesso is a good option for many models if you want bright colors. Many prefer Black instead (grey is my favorite, but i prime with my airbrush now) 

That piece of advice is, I hope, useful BEFORE you start :)

EDIT: As mentioned above Sorastro's videos are very good.

Edited by Filthor
  • Like 3

This thread is really starting to take off! I can offer painting advice as well. I am a decent painter, meaning I think my stuff looks good. But my brother is an award winning painter, and I am always picking his brain.  I have never posted pictures before, but I am considering starting. I am the same username on BGG. 

When I started a few years back the Reaper learn to paint kits came with a white brush on primer (they might not anymore?) I do highly recommend brush on primer when getting started, it will give you an idea of where the brush goes on the mini. 

• Like 1