Kickstarters

Making this thread to discuss Kickstarter projects we have recently played/received and those we plan to back later this year. Out of consideration it seems best not to post links to said Kickstarter. The ones I’ve recieved so far this year are Covil:Dark Overlords, Rising Sun, Grimm Forest, Heroes of Land, Air and Sea, and Museum Rush. I plan on backing Fireball Island:Curse of Vul Kar this month. Will go into more detail about them tomorrow, gotta get to work. 

11 minutes ago, Two Penny said:

I'm loving Rising Sun, the KS upgraded components are amazing 

I agree. I've only played it once but it was great and really beautiful looking. I really like the aspect, very similar to Blood Rage, where you can reap great rewards by killing your own units. 

4 minutes ago, Cyanide said:

Yeah they are amazing, personally I won’t buy a CMON game retail due to being a completeionist, and wanting all those extras and having to pay eBay prices is crazy.

Aye, I'm the same, hence why I wont buy Blood Rage (but I KS Rising Sun). Luckily a friend who I mostly play with got Blood Rage off the KS. One of our most popular games, especially because it's relatively simple and quick (comparatively). Don't think I've played any other CMON games though, unless I just didn't know it was them 

Edited by ElCartero

I think a definate improvement with Rising Sun is the optional game mat. Even with it our map got a little crowded so must be tight with the original board. Thats the one fault with Blood Rage, you can never fit everything on their space, especially when you bring the big boys in.

12 minutes ago, ElCartero said:

I think a definate improvement with Rising Sun is the optional game mat. Even with it our map got a little crowded so must be tight with the original board. Thats the one fault with Blood Rage, you can never fit everything on their space, especially when you bring the big boys in.

I'm still waiting on my mat FedEx has had it in que for weeks now, I contacted CMON but there claiming there backed up. Which makes sense but it looks like it should have gone out by now.

So I don't derail my own thread. What are you guys expecting or planning to back.

Covil had nice artwork and some nostalgia, but I didn't even bother playing it. For starters the cards were thin, not a standard size and white bordered. So I bought the sleeves hoping they would improve it, based on there kickstarter I only needed one of each. Not only did I need more but the sleeves were cheap to. So I sent it to my Neice in colledge.

Edited by Cyanide

As for Museum Rush I havn't played it yet but I was thinking the minatures were a little bigger. One of the guards was missing one of her arms due to the plastic not forming in that area. (That's what it looks like at least.) I bought it because Rob Oren hyped it. Gameplay sounds good and the rest of the components are decent. 

This might sound weird but the only essential kickstarter exclusive element of Rising Sun for me is the plastic strongholds. I think those should have been part of the base game. I feel like the cardboard tokens would get lost among all the different units.

20 minutes ago, Jahzir said:

This might sound weird but the only essential kickstarter exclusive element of Rising Sun for me is the plastic strongholds. I think those should have been part of the base game. I feel like the cardboard tokens would get lost among all the different units.

I especially like the turtle strongholds. I think the bigger map comes in handy when playing with five or six players. 

• Like 1

Rising Sun I saved for last. As someone who buys everything I can for the games I own regardless, I never bought Blood Rage due to the KS exclusives that were to much on the second hand market. So when they announced a game with the same crew I made sure to back it and good thing cause it had more exclusives then the last one. I realy only have one negative about the game and its that it takes me three boxes not counting the Daimyo expansion to bring anywhere. I could pile them all in a box loose but that's not my style. I know there is some companies working on an insert and I'm sure I'll buy one later this year. This game isn't leaving the colllection.

Forgot Dead Mans Doubloons, components are great, with the deluxe kit only the coins really are an upgrade to me. I have heard that if your the first one to get a map tile you most likely will win which is what happened in the first game I played. Will have to play more to see if this is true cause that kinda ruins it. Other complaint is I had to find card sleeves for this game. (What is up with these irregular size cards these days.)

Played some Museum Rush, quite a fun little filler game. Minis in it are small and bendy and it’s my only complaint. Kinda odd that the one play I had with Dead Mans Doubloons was the complete opposite great components but didn’t like it as much. Finally going to get my neoprene mat for Rising Sun in the next few days. Also I’m backing Fireball Island which looks fun but I’m not even bothering to look at the stretch goals we unlock where as I’m also backing Street Fighter and just awaiting the updates on the new characters added.

Edited by Cyanide