[Rules] In the clutches of the picts

• 5 months later...
  • 1 year later...

Hello,

I am trying to play "In the Clutches of the Picts" on Dec. 31, 2018 at 7:00 pm Pacific time

When I activate a unit in the River, how many figures to I deploy for each of the following units:

Pict Hunters (blue)

Zogar Sag

Pict Warriors (blue)

Hyenas

Pict Hunters (green)

Giant Snake

Pict Hunters (red)

How do "Reinforcements" work?  What does " 4 Reinforcement Points" mean?

What do the three flame icons on the board mean?

Thank you,

Paolo

PBarone714@gmail.com

Hi,

Some models have "Reinforcements point" printed on the tile in the river.

When these models die, set them apart. When you trigger the event tile, you may respawn models up to 4 "Reinforcements point" in one of the 3 areas marked ion the board. The Overlord can decide which models are respawned in which area.

• 11 months later...

Several questions on this scenario:

- Zogar Sag has the magic ability, but I don't see what spells he should have in the scenario. Does he have any?

- When I activate a unit of picts, they have a move of 2. So to leave one of the huts, they have to spend 2 (one to go through the flap, and the other to move into the adjacent area). If they then want to move to the next adjacent area, I need to spend one more gem PER pict to move that space, correct?

- For the heroes, they list a movement number in their Move skill. Let's use Conan as an example with 3. Does he get to move 3 spaces for free each turn, and any ADDITIONAL gems he puts in his Move skill are extra points of movement? Or does he get 3 points of movement for EACH gem he places there?

- Can Heroes (or picts) interrupt their movement, take an action, and then move again? The book mentions something about losing all movement points after an action, but that section is not worded clearly.

- For the reinforcements in this scenario, the OL has 4 reinforcement points. Let's say there's a red group of picts that are all dead. Their tile is still in the river under the 3 gem cost. And there's another group of blue picts in the river, 3 of the 4 of them are dead, their tile is under the 1 gem cost. Can I activate the entire group of red picts for 3 "reinforcement points" and the 3 dead blue picts for 1 reinforcement point? Or is that not how this works?

22 hours ago, Gladius said:

Several questions on this scenario:

1) Zogar Sag has the magic ability, but I don't see what spells he should have in the scenario. Does he have any?

2) When I activate a unit of picts, they have a move of 2. So to leave one of the huts, they have to spend 2 (one to go through the flap, and the other to move into the adjacent area). If they then want to move to the next adjacent area, I need to spend one more gem PER pict to move that space, correct?

3) For the heroes, they list a movement number in their Move skill. Let's use Conan as an example with 3. Does he get to move 3 spaces for free each turn, and any ADDITIONAL gems he puts in his Move skill are extra points of movement? Or does he get 3 points of movement for EACH gem he places there?

4) Can Heroes (or picts) interrupt their movement, take an action, and then move again? The book mentions something about losing all movement points after an action, but that section is not worded clearly.

5) For the reinforcements in this scenario, the OL has 4 reinforcement points. Let's say there's a red group of picts that are all dead. Their tile is still in the river under the 3 gem cost. And there's another group of blue picts in the river, 3 of the 4 of them are dead, their tile is under the 1 gem cost. Can I activate the entire group of red picts for 3 "reinforcement points" and the 3 dead blue picts for 1 reinforcement point? Or is that not how this works?

1) He does not have any spells for this scenario

2) Correct

3) The first example. That number is the actor's free movement. Then each gem spent is 1 additional movement,

4) Yes, but all free movement will be lost for the remainder of the turn after the action.

5) No. The number in the Flame symbol on their tile is the cost to revive a dead model and deploy it in a reinforcement zone. Reinforcement costs have nothing to do with the overlord gems.

Edited by SmallRealities

On 1/1/2020 at 3:22 AM, SmallRealities said:

1) He does not have any spells for this scenario

2) Correct

3) The first example. That number is the actor's free movement. Then each gem spent is 1 additional movement,

4) Yes, but all free movement will be lost for the remainder of the turn after the action.

5) No. The number in the Flame symbol on their tile is the cost to revive a dead model and deploy it in a reinforcement zone. Reinforcement costs have nothing to do with the overlord gems.

To clarify point 4) a hero can do an action first and then use their free movement, but cannot interrupt with an action. For example Conan cannot move 1 space for free, then stop, kill an enemy and continue with the remaining free movement. The second movement will cost a gem. 

Edited by Footballzs