Poseidon Expansion - The Capture of the Cyclops - Forces, dreams, chains and recall

Uthin

Hi,

I had a couple of questions about the scenario The Capture of the Cyclops and wrote a mail to Monolith. It took them two months to reply, but reply they did. 

Here are my four questions. Directly below each question, I put in Monolith's reply.

1) Forces
It says that the Athena player begins with 2 chain tokens to distribute among units.
The Athena player has Andromeda.
Does this mean that Andromeda has her normal 4 chain tokens in addition to the 2 mentioned specifically?

Reply:

About the chains tokens, that's right, the 2 are in addition of those from Andromeda. But Andromeda has not the same chains. If you look at the rule "chains" in the scenario, Polyphemus must be chained twice for Athena to win the game. How is Polyphemus chained? By performing an attack with a unit who has a chain token on it. And Andromeda do not attack, she puts her chains tokens directly, which isn't taken into account for the rule "chains". Am I clear?

2) Cyclops’ Dream.
After the first Poseidon card is drawn, Polyphemus can be activated as normal and has all the normal stats.
After the second Poseidon card is drawn, suddenly Polyphemus suffers a -2 penalty to defence?
Is that correct?

Reply:

Hum, something has been forgotten. Polyphemus has -3 to defense after the first card is drawn.

3) Chains
If Andromeda also has her normal 4 chain tokens, can they also be used to capturing Polyphemus, just like the two mentioned under Forces?
It says “Each chains token may be used once”. So if an attack using a chains token fails, the Athena player no longer has a chance of winning since he/she needs to hit with both and they are one-shot items?
Or can they be picked up if they miss? Like omphalos maybe?
If they can be picked up on a miss, can the Poseidon player’s units also pick them up?

Reply:

see above for Andromeda's chains.
But about missing an attack and loosing the chains tokens, it doesn't work like that: it is used only if the attack is successful and the token is put onto Polyphemus. If the attack isn't successful, the chain token isn't used and you can try again, don't worry.

4) Recall:

It says “Units from both armies cam be recalled to any point in their own deployment zone.”
Since it says “units”, can non-troop units also be recalled? If they can, does that only cost one Art of War card?

Reply:

It works only for troops, as there is no way in the game to recall other kinds of units. The price hasn't changed.

And that was it. I hope this may help someone else. 😊

/Uthin

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1