I am feeling overmatched by the Overlord in many scenarios. What am I doing wrong?

Wraithminion

I have played through several scenarios as part of a group and the overload rolls us every time. Either we run out of time or just get crushed. It seems like we cannot regain enough gems and the overlord gets a ton back. Either 5 or 7 per scenario. Also, with the way the armor works most of the heroes except Conan cannot damage most monsters. They usually survive unless a hero rolls 2+ successes on dice and the overlord can easily block that by rolling just 1 or 2 dice. If people burn a lot of dice, they cannot effectively block and run out of gems too quickly.  What are we doing wrong?

Can you give specifics about a single scenario? Your request is very broad and hard to say without details. The best would be to pick a recent scenario you played, then walk through a specific fight for a round or two. Thus if it's either strategy (the scenario), or something in the immediate tactics of the fight folks can help better.  Our group has gotten quite good and I'm having problems as OL keeping up with them. Last two games have come down to a single die throw in the last round.

Edited by garbetsp
me fail english unpossible

22 hours ago, garbetsp said:

Can you give specifics about a single scenario? Your request is very broad and hard to say without details. The best would be to pick a recent scenario you played, then walk through a specific fight for a round or two. Thus if it's either strategy (the scenario), or something in the immediate tactics of the fight folks can help better.  Our group has gotten quite good and I'm having problems as OL keeping up with them. Last two games have come down to a single die throw in the last round.

Paradoxically, other posts state it’s almost impossible for the OL to win. Personally I think it’s a combination of tactics and rule misunderstandings. I agree more detail on how the scenario is being played will give us an opportunity to say where you could improve.