Translation of 6&7 player scenario? French > English

thrainn

Hi all,

I'm trying to translate the following fan-made 6-7 player scenario from french into english using google translate and then fixing the wording but I can't help feeling like I'm missing something. Gettin extra eyes on one or two things would be great because this is the only Conan scenario I've encountered for 6+ players.

https://www.conan-scenarios.com/pdf/515.pdf?rand=43489696

I'll include the translated text below but the main issues that I'm having is the following sentence:

Renforts : Le sorcier fait appel à la nécromantie et des tentacules sortent de l'eau.

which translates to: 

Reinforcements: The sorcerer uses necromancy and tentacles come out of the water.

I don't really get that specific event. There are already tentacles on the map. Does the Overlord spawn more tentacles? If so, for how many reinforment points because none are mentioned. Am I misunderstanding this somehow due to poor translation?

6-7 Death to The Black Sorcerer -
Synopsis: Episode 1/3
The heroes come to kill the black wizard who is in his fort but before it is necessary to pass the swamp which precedes it. Unfortunately the wizard has awakened the swamp’s dead as well as a bone Golem and has revealed a magical barrier. The only way to break the protection is that a wizard casts an incantation written in a spellbook and that he is accompanied by two assistants. But tentacles come out of the water and a thud resounds from the depths ...

Objectives
Players must be able to exit the marsh by the green arrow. But for that to be done they must carry out the incantation that will break the magic barrier (see special rules). At least one magician must survive.

No magician must survive.
------------

The game starts with The Heroes' Turn

We suggest you use:

(4 Hero). It has the object \ "Grimoire \" (Weight 2)
* Balthus (Bossonian Bow, Leather Armor, Life Potion) (4 Heroes)
* Shevatas (Kriss, Crossbow, Potion of Life) (5th Hero)

-4 Heroes:
    - Conan the Warlord (Battle Ax, Zingarean Breastplate, Life Potion)
    es)
    - Valeria (Sword, Parrying Dagger, Life Potion) 
- Hadratus (Staff of Mitra, Dagger, Life Potion and 4 spells: Mitra’s Healing, Halo of Mitra, Barrier of the Winds, Putrescence). It has the object \ "Grimoire \" (Weight 2) 
    -Balthus (Bossonian Bow, Leather Armor, Life Potion) (4 Heroes) 
-5 Heroes:

* Shevatas (Kriss, Crossbow, Potion of Life)

6 Heroes
* Pelias (Black Baton, Sacrificial Dagger, Explosive Orb and 4 spell (s): Lightning Storm, Hand of Death, Withering, Stone Skin)

All Heroes start with 2 gem (s) in Fatigue Zone.

4 heroes: The overlord starts with 11 gems in the available fatigue zone and 4 in the fatigue zone. He recovers 7
gems per turn.

5 Hero (s)
The overlord starts with 12 gems in the available energy zone and 3 in the fatigue zone. He recovers 8 gems per turn ..
6 Heroes
The overlord starts with 13 gems in the available energy zone and 2 in the fatigue zone. He gets 9 gems per turn ..

--Events--
Reinforcements:
The sorcerer uses necromancy and tentacles come out of the water.
Undead and tentacles:
Give 10 reinforcement points to bring dead people back to the squares and / or tentacles on any square
of water. The overlord can distribute the reinforcements between the different colors of the tiles at the same time.
Bone Golem:
To return the golem of bone costs 1 point of reinforcement per point of life returned to the golem (max 10). He reappears in the zone where he died before.
Tentacles
If desired, the overlord can move one or more tentacles on any water space (tentacle or Thaug)
at the price of 1 reinforcement point per tentacle.

Flare of arrows: A flight of arrow shoots from the fort. It hits all the figure on the target square and the adjacent ones are (except for skeletons and the golem of bones), only passive defense can serve as protection. Figurines in shelters (huts and shacks) and those benefiting from the Windwind spell are protected. 

Appearance of the beast (from turn 10): Thaug, the beast of the depths, makes his appearance. All tiles and undead figurines already inactive (red side) are automatically released from the game without sacrifice of gems. If he wishes, and at this point only, the overlord can decide to do the same for those who are still in game, otherwise he will have to sacrifice. If all the tiles are still in play, he must obligatorily get rid of a (free). The overlord then places the Thaug tile to the right of the river and places the figurine (as well as the tentacles that are no longer in play) on any unoccupied water box (large enough to accommodate the figurine). Thaug: It can, in one activation, either attack or move on any water box, or hide under water (or reappear). He can not do these actions at the same time except to operate it twice. As soon as Thaug comes out of the water his defense is halved (4) until the next lap of the overlord. Special water boxes: If Thaug (and the tentacles) is on the water box, he is within reach to reach the base If Thaug (and the tentacles) is on the water box, he is within reach to reach the base Start with 10 life points ThaugStart with 10 life points
Bone Golem (As he is not a dead man, he is not afflicted by the spell
\"Putrescence\")
Special rules

Protective barrier: A protective barrier prevents players from leaving the marsh.
Players must activate the pedestals at the same time. At least 1 magician equipped with the grimoire must imperatively
to be on one of the pedestals. Then the 3 characters must spend maniplation to recite the mantra for
remove the barrier and allow them to exit the marsh (by the arrow).
The adventure token in the center represents the seal that must be removed with the ceremony to disable the barrier.
From this moment on, if at least one magician manages to get out of the board by the green arrow, the game is won for the
group of the hero allowing them to move to the second part.
Chests: To open a chest you must make 2 Manipulation successes or 3 melee damage.
The following items are in the 4 locked chests: (Scaled Armor, Chain Mail, Short Sword, Shield)
Thaug: Thaug can, in one activation, either attack or move on any water hut, or hide under water (or
to get out of the water). He can not do these actions at the same time except to operate it twice.
As soon as Thaug comes out of the water his defense is halved (4) until the next lap of the overlord.
Tentacles: You can not place several tentacles on the same space.
They can pierce the walls (and thus create spits for archers).
If desired, the overlord can move one or more tentacles on any water space (empty of tentacles or
Thaug) at the price of 1 reinforcement point per tentacle.

• 2 months later...

On 12/21/2018 at 4:03 PM, thrainn said:

Hi all,

I'm trying to translate the following fan-made 6-7 player scenario from french into english using google translate and then fixing the wording but I can't help feeling like I'm missing something. Gettin extra eyes on one or two things would be great because this is the only Conan scenario I've encountered for 6+ players.

https://www.conan-scenarios.com/pdf/515.pdf?rand=43489696

I'll include the translated text below but the main issues that I'm having is the following sentence:

Renforts : Le sorcier fait appel à la nécromantie et des tentacules sortent de l'eau.

which translates to: 

Reinforcements: The sorcerer uses necromancy and tentacles come out of the water.

I don't really get that specific event. There are already tentacles on the map. Does the Overlord spawn more tentacles? If so, for how many reinforment points because none are mentioned. Am I misunderstanding this somehow due to poor translation?

I just spotted this post, so maybe I come too late.

Anyway...

I didn't know this scenario. The french version is a bit confusing too.

I believe the 1st sentence "The sorcerer uses necromancy and tentacles come out of the water" is basically flavor text (= useless, rule-wise).

The OL gets 10 Reinforcement Points that he can use in various ways:

- bring back killed tentacles and/or undead (the cost in RPs is indicated on the tiles, as usual)

- bring back killed bone golem (1 RP per Life Point)

- move tentacles on any water area (1 RP per tentacle)

(it also means that the OL cannot use RPs to bring back killed bossonian archers)

The rest of the text seems fairly clear to me.

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...