Show your Conan!

• 2 months later...

Great work everyone! I'm still fairly new to miniature painting. I got into it with Zombicide, and I have that game and a couple expansions fully painted. Painting zombies is very forgiving and a good way to build skill.  After that I fully painted my copy of Cthulhu Wars, which was fun and a bit easier because of the enormous size of most of the creatures.  Now I've been tackling Conan, and I have most of the base game and stretch goals done, as well as a few of the add-ons.

IMG_7281.JPG

IMG_6534.JPG

• Like 7

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

Not crazy about some aspects of this Mercenary Conan paint job, and it’s before I added Dulcote and blood, but I’ll share anyways.... He’s chilling out and drying with a few pals in this pic. 

Side note: this was the last of my Army Painter paint jobs. I did a couple since then with my new set of Vallejo paint... Wow! Vallejo is noticeably better paint to work with in every way. I’m still a newbie to this mini painting thing, but I can highly recommend it. Also, @Matt John S, you are 100% right about Citadel Purtity Seal being garbage. It ruined my Zelata... I have gone back to reliable old Dulcote. Great stuff... :)

206C5955-1F3F-40CD-A166-32495276F7DF.jpeg

Edited by Epaka
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Epaka said:

Not crazy about some aspects of this Mercenary Conan paint job, and it’s before I added Dulcote and blood, but I’ll share anyways.... He’s chilling out and drying with a few pals in this pic. 

Side note: this was the last of my Army Painter paint jobs. I did a couple since then with my new set of Vallejo paint... Wow! Vallejo is noticeably better paint to work with in every way. I’m still a newbie to this mini painting thing, but I can highly recommend it. Also, @Matt John S, you are 100% right about Citadel Purtity Seal being garbage. It ruined my Zelata... I have gone back to reliable old Dulcote. Great stuff... :)

206C5955-1F3F-40CD-A166-32495276F7DF.jpeg

They look good, man. Now do yourself a favor and throw that citadel seal in the trash. Get some Testors dullcote spray and never look back. It's the best stuff you can buy. It is known. 

• 4 weeks later...

Just painted the last of the many Conan miniatures. Pictured here with a few other recent efforts. Just gotta blast these warriors with a bit of Dulcote and they will be ready for battle... Getting very close to having the Core game, and all stretch goals / add-ons fully painted! 

9CDC8527-DF38-4F97-BA23-71E06199A063.jpeg

• Like 5

3 hours ago, Not Quite Dead said:

Kudos, @Epaka!

I can't imagine how much time you spent on it!

I hope you will show us the result of your hard work!

Thanks! I’ve shown a fair bit of it here on the OL already, but maybe I’ll take a group pic of everything when I’m done. And, to clarify, I’m not nearly done yet, I still have the Expansions to do! 🤔

• 2 months later...
  • 5 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...