Monolith Cheaped Out on Materials for Gotham City Chronicles

In Vancouver, Canada.  Received our package on April 15th.  We were All In supporters.

The detail on the figs is great... but we are VERY DISAPPOINTED with the quality of the plastic they used.  The bases on at least half the figs are warped, and I'm wondering if part of the reason is that they are not fully solid, but hollowed out on the bottom.

We aren't rich, we spent a shit load of money on this, forsaking other things we'd like to buy, because it looked so cool and because the very high quality of the other Monolith figs we have (Mythic Battles)... we mistakenly assumed they'd be similar quality.

For the amount of support Monolith got on this game, and the huge bucks they raked in, there is no excuse for cheaping out on the materials.  

I can't see spending a huge amount of money on Monolith games in the future because of this.

Also, it sucks that after being excited for over a year, we can't just enjoy the game without a tinge of disappointment.  

• Like 1

Sounds very disappointing.

The warping as oracleToronto mentions happens when they are pulled from the mold and put into their packing. If the worker is in a hurry and rushes through, the chance or warping goes up quite a bit. Monolith puts in the order and approves samples that were carefully done by the factory. Then the bulk order arrives and the factory rushes to get through the job. It's shipped from the factory at that point straight to consumer. With any plastic models there will always be some warping. When dipped in really hot water they go 'plastic' again and try to return to their molded state. You bend them back and then dip them in cold water to set it back. I do this with probably 20-30% of my figures. I use a flat surface to get the bottom level again. You probably got a box where the guy was really rushing through.

Monolith needs to know directly. I would recommend contacting Monolith support and sending them photos. They're very responsive. They most likely have certain allowances in their contract for this, but I don't know what their factory deal is.

• Like 2